Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,
I have the newest version of the ISS. My question is, there is a rubber O ring that just sits on the shaft. Is that suppose to slide between the cylinders or just sit on the shaft.
Wall Tool Gas Font Office supplies

You can see the rubber O-ring on the shaft but I’m not sure of what it’s purpose is.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
213 Posts
I’d guess, that once it’s installed, slide it down against other part of shaft, to help hold grease in splines?

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali
67 Posts
I checked mine that has the new part number and it does not have a paint mark. Is the paint mark an indicator that it is the most recent product?
the paint mark was on the previous updated shaft that did not have the new part number. since then, there have been 2 new part numbers, Mtu Alum posted the most current one. yours is the newest

·
Registered
15 Posts
the paint mark was on the previous updated shaft that did not have the new part number. since then, there have been 2 new part numbers, Mtu Alum posted the most current one. yours is the newest
Thank you. When I installed the newest one it didn’t change or eliminate the rattle. I’m at a loss with this truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you. When I installed the newest one it didn’t change or eliminate the rattle. I’m at a loss with this truck.
I know it seemed far fetched for me but, disconnect you front shocks and see, or drive over cobblestone while a helper has his hand on the shock. the LAST thing i thought it could be was the shock and it was exactly that.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts