Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is nit-picking, but when I sat in a '20 back in February of this year, I noticed the tilt wheel is totally different than my '02 (of course darn near the whole truck is totally different). The tilt on my '02 has a joint approximately where the column exits the dash where as the '20s tilt somewhere farther behind the dash and doesn't change the angle of the steering wheel as much as my '02. I suppose it is something you can get used to, just wanting some feedback from the '20 owners.

- Mark

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've been happy with mine. The whole truck feels more solid and less 'rickety' if you will. The steering column is no exception. I typically keep my steering wheel very low and extended towards the driver's seat - no school bus steering wheel position for me!

I also like that they combimed the tilt/telescoping onto one lever now. Before, at least in my 2018, it was two separate levers.

And then there's the fact that the steering wheel is now straight and centered, instead of offset and slightly angled. From seat to wheel to instrument cluster, everything is finally lined up.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I test drove a few and they gave me a new one for a loaner when my 15 was in the shop for a recall
I don't like the fact that you have to unlock....position ….and relock the new wheels …
that's how fords are ….
I set my tilt everytime I get in and out as I am 6'4
so the auto lock spring load that my new 19 has is like my 15 and I like it

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't have any issue with the tilt on my 2020, nor did I on my 2019. I do think there is not as much adjustment as the previous generation, but the seat has more adjustment so it makes up for it in other areas.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Agree that there isn't as much adjustment to get the wheel as low as on my 2018. I did get used to it quickly and ended up setting the seat position a little higher up to get it comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts