Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update. 3 days after my original post both rear leaf springs are squeaking loudly. Nothing has changed on how I use the truck and haven't hauled anything really heavy in the bed. For sure the truck didn't make this noise until this week. I've owned this $80K truck for 57 days..............
Good Morning, This is my first post and I'm new to owning a diesel pickup. I also have a 2021 2500HD Crew. I have roughly 9800 miles and about 1,000 miles ago I started to experience the same under bed sounds. A trip to the dealer and they informed me of the TSB on this squeaking problem. Each time the truck is going in or out of a driveway and flexing, tit sounds like the spare tire was going to fall out . ( I actually checked that first) Dealer told me they ordered these spring "pads" but they are on back order. This problem only started after I pulled a 11,000 lb boat / trailer from NH to Fl. We did hit some very bad joints in the road at bridges meeting road surface with everything bouncing up and down heavily.
Can anyone else help with comments on this 2021 truck problem?
Thanks,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted to tell all that the dealer replaced the little plastic pads on the rear springs. Upon completion and taking the truck for a ride, they were disappointed. They said the replacement plastic pads only reduced some of the squeaking. They said they will order complete new leaf spring assemblies from Chevy. Once they installed them truck is now 100% quite. BTW, I only have 11K miles on this truck. If you experience the same noises when the truck is driving on a driveway entrance and at a angle, and hear a lot of noise from the rear, tell the dealer you want the springs replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do u happen to have the link for this tsb my 2021 Silverado is doing the same thing brought to dealer 3 times an they say they can’t find the issue
Hi, I do not have any information or TSB for this, but I can tell you the dealer replaced both rear leaf spring assembly and now all is perfect again. They told me they had to try the little plastic discs first, but then got the ok to replace the springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts