Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Guess you should have looked under it before purchase, cause that didn't happen on your drive home. They're all like that.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I used 10 cans of fluid film and sprayed the entire underside, inside the frame,etc, everywhere a week after I brought my 19 home. That wax crap on the frame was just peeling off.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
wax dipped frames....

love it or hate it but that is what GM has hitched its wagon to... only major manufacturer that does it...

touch it ... it falls off

get oil on it and wipe it off.. off comes the wax.. and it rusts...

get one where it wasn't prepped right.. the wax falls off in sheets.. and rusts...

not many aftermarket applications are compatible with the wax... you can't paint it.. and many other frame protectants will take the wax off....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
evidently dont expect a new truck to look new either...

one of the guys here that works at the assembly plant states they drive these to offsite facilities to get things like spray in bed liners done.. so if you have one that was built in winter months its been driven in salt...

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
It's bare metal, it is gonna rust.

·
Premium Member
2013 GMC Denali 2500 CCSB 4x4
105 Posts
that frame aint supposed to be bare on a brand new truck.. or rusted...

just sayin....
Do they still coat the frames with that waxy goop? If so, it happens first time it gets put on a lift. Reminds me, I need to touch mine up...or get the whole thing stripped and painted.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'd like to report on Krown rust control but unfortunately my truck has hardly been on the road since I had the treatment done over 4 months ago. I have high hopes though. And I thought the price was reasonable.

I just washed some of it off a week ago but like I said, the truck hasn't seen much road time this past winter.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Do they still coat the frames with that waxy goop? If so, it happens first time it gets put on a lift. Reminds me, I need to touch mine up...or get the whole thing stripped and painted.
Yep. Mine was flaking and pealing off the day I brought it home. It's nasty stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts