Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2021 Duramax 3500 SRW High Country Package TPI Sensors

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  redwngr 
#1 ·
I finally found an issue that I believe others may have as well. The tire Sensor sent with truck for my camper will not work. They are too small. I've going back to dealership for support. Have any of you with campers who had TPI for your camper run into this problem. AND did you have a solution? What I mean by tool small for the hole in the rim.

#4 ·
We have a few trailers - flatbed, enclosed, and 5th wheel. All are tandem axle.

I have two sets of the sensors waiting to go into the smaller trailers.

For the 5th wheel, the GM sensors likely wouldn’t fit, and even if they did they top out at 100 PSI and tires are supposed to be run at 125 PSI cold. Not uncommon to see close to 140 PSI when up to temp.

So for the 5th wheel, I ordered a TST Systems kit that reads pressure and temp.

Also, our 5th wheel is 40’. I’m not sure the GM sensors would be able to sync with the truck at that length.

#6 ·
From 2020 OM:

The system is compatible with trailer tires that have placard pressure values from 103 - 689 kpa (15 - 100 psi).
The hole in the wheel for the tire stem must be 11.43 mm (0.453 in) in diameter.
Use of the pressure sensors on a wheel with a different stem hole size could result in loss of air from the tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.