Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post on your forum. I bought a new 2021 Sierra 2500HD today. The truck had 31 miles on it when I purchased it. On my way home the truck now has 50 miles and a check engine light came on that won't go off. The dealer told me to open and close the door and try to restart truck a few times. This effort did not work. I will take the truck back to the dealer tomorrow. If any of you have any new information or how I can reset or fix without taking back to dealer I would appreciate it greatly. We love this truck and are hoping this is just something overlooked during the dealer prep.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
164 Posts
I bet you’re getting the P026C code. Seems to be super common in the first 500 miles on the 21s.

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 2500 High Country
20 Posts
I bet you’re getting the P026C code. Seems to be super common in the first 500 miles on the 21s.
Take it to the dealer. We bought a 2020 Silverado High Country this past November and we are considering going through the lemon law process right now. In the 3 months we have had this new truck, it has sat a dealership for almost 20 days now, not including time for some of the parts to get delivered.

If you are unfortunate like me, you need this time for repairs documented. If you take it in and all they do is clear the code, make sure they give you a piece of paper that says they did this.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After Dealer visit update.

"Bruizza" you were correct.

Dealer code "339 unable to duplicate, code P026C set as history, 4029959=.3, 0.30 NPF. Code P026C set as history, searched for bulletins and Pi's. Found bulletin 20-NA-197 pertaining to code P026C, inspected fuel rail pressure sensor connector for corrosion and no corrosion was found, per document 5509148, performed cylinder power balance and test was found normal. Unable to duplicate concerns this time, possible intermittent fault.

I will drive for the recommended 500 miles of break in and then report back. If light comes back on sooner I will report.

Thanks GM and this Duramax Forum

PS: Dealer noted incorrect miles on repair order. Actual was 89 miles document reports 339. SA stated he will correct before reporting to factory.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
164 Posts
That code is how I found this forum. That’s the silver lining I guess haha. I got it twice in the first 500 miles. Haven’t gotten it again in 300ish miles. I talked to the dealership and they said if it comes back to bring it to them. I cleared it myself both times I got it. I’m hoping now that I’m past 500 miles it stays gone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased my 2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW in November. On my way home the CEL came on. Took it in for service with 117 miles and it has been at the dealership since. GM has replaced the fuel rail harness, driven the truck to break in and use fuel as they thought the fuel might be bad. Replaced the ECM and then the injectors. Finally a FSE came to collect data off of the truck and am waiting on GM’s fix. They stated there is a known issue but they do not have a fix as of yet. The FSE stated that they think that the catalyst might be too green and that is causing the issue but they are unsure. Once they determine a fix it has to be approved by the EPA as well. Over 3 months since purchase and still have not been able to drive my truck except home from the dealership and back for service. GM has really dropped the ball.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
So sorry to hear of your troubles. Maybe time to engage the services of an attorney who specializes in automotive cases. There is an attorney on Youtube named Steve Lehto who practices in Michigan. You need a 'Steve Lehto' for your state, whatever that might be.

He has talked about some of the legal methods of canceling a sale. Might see if you can find one of those videos. The idea is that when you buy something, say a toaster, you expect it to work. If it doesn't do what it's supposed to do at least in general terms (toast the bread, not toast the bread and spread butter and jam and not get it on the counter), then you can return it and get your money back. Same with a truck. You bought a truck, it doesn't work, they can't fix it, cancel the sale. Get ALL YOUR MONEY BACK. You have a GREAT case from what I (no, I'm not an attorney) can tell.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts