Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I purchased a 2021 GMC Yukon XL with the 3.0 Duramax back in May, the same week I also purchased a Banks iDash SuperGauge. Although the iDash works with all the 2020 LM2 GMC/Chevy truck models as well as the 2021 LM2 Chevy Truck/SUV models, this unit doesn't work with the 2021 GMC Yukon models due to a different communication parameter over the ODBII. Although Banks has amazing products especially for the diesel community, I have been working with their support team for over 3 months now with no fix. Unfortunately, the problem lies solely with the software engineering department and not with tech support. If you have a 2021 GMC SUV model hold off on purchasing Bank's digital gauges even know they are still selling them on their website, it doesn't work at the moment. Since there is no timeline on a solution to my problem as they told me they won't have a fix until they build the Derringer Tuner for the LM2's, does anyone know of a digital dash competitor to Banks that has a product that currently works for reading the engine parameters specifically for a 2021 GMC Yukon? I really only need to read the regen status and soot load percentage parameters as of now. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your time.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Have you tried it using it set to 'GM Standard' instead of LM2?

Doesn't seem right that it would work on Tahoe/Suburban LM2 but not on Yukon/YukonXL LM2.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have tried GM Standard with no luck. The support techs (I have dealt with all 3 of them, great group of guys) told me its a different communication protocol or parameter on the Yukon models. Banks was able to get in a 2021 GMC Yukon model for testing from the dealership and that's how they found out its a communication issue. They were able to fix the communication issue and sent me a beta version of v1.22. They have a new LM2 2021+ engine selection now which has helped get the device working, but unfortunately none of the parameters are working correctly and the emissions category is empty. I just have normal stuff that my regular dash gauge already has like speed, rpms, battery voltage, etc. I have been calling every Wednesday for an update for 3 months and the tech today told me engineering isn't fixing the problem until they build their Derringer Tuner for the LM2 which could be 3-6 months or even a year out. 😬

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You get any updates on this?
Been almost a year with no fix! I call Banks technical support team a least twice a month looking for an update or a beta software release I could test. The technical support team tells me the issue will be fixed when their Derringer Tuner is released for the Duramax 3.0. They claim the engineering team have fixed the communication issues with that product release, until then my iDash is just a dust collector at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts