Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

361 - 380 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
2019 GMC 2500 Denali
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Dallas ...1200 miles

·
Registered
21 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali 6.6L Duramax CC SB "on order"
32 Posts
My code is 3000 and set for production on May 10th. There's really no status change before that date right? Its 3000 until production?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Its here. Thursday it was in Flint, Today is on my dealers lot.
Another example of tracking not really working
What was your eta at dealer? Mine is 4/15
We both had a 3/22 tpw, mine was built 3/23 2 days before yours.we have both been in limbo at 4300 since production....
It is what it is........lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
That is awesome that it’s there already!

Crazy that mine had a TPW of 3/15/21, was built 3/20, and still hasn’t gotten to my dealership while yours was after mine and made it there first!

Make sure we see pictures!

·
Registered
2019 GMC 2500 Denali
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Another example of tracking not really working
What was your eta at dealer? Mine is 4/15
We both had a 3/22 tpw, mine was built 3/23 2 days before yours.we have both been in limbo at 4300 since production....
It is what it is........lol
I was never provided at arrival ETA when I asked. This past thurs chat said 4300 but still in flint awaiting transport. Early Tuesday my dealer called me and said it was at the local railhead and would be brought to the dealership within the next week. They said they had 40 vehicles to pickup. 6 hours later it’s at the dealership prepped and ready. I feel like chat may be a bit delayed on statuses, after all they said my truck was in line to be built when we knew it was finished.

·
Registered
2019 GMC 2500 Denali
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Update - damaged in transit. to what extent I don't know yet but its in the body shop being repaired and painted. Haven't even seen it yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Update - damaged in transit. to what extent I don't know yet but its in the body shop being repaired and painted. Haven't even seen it yet.
That's one thing my dealer mentioned. They get damaged in transit more than people think which is one reason he doesn't want buyers to show up the day it arrives because it could be a day or more before it leaves the shop. For reference people from all over the country go to this dealer so they fly in. It's just not a simple drive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Honestly I'm sorry to hear that.. id hate to spend 80k and your truck already has bondo on it..

·
Registered
2019 GMC 2500 Denali
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
I had no plans to show up there until they called me ....and they did. My understanding it wasn't noticed until it was being detailed ...at least tells me it isn't major ...but they did say it was bad enough it had to be painted. Just hope that Cayenne Red matches better then I read the white does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use to work at a dealership... it is fairly frequent to see transit damage.. it typically is spotted when dropped off at dealership since the shipping company covers the cost if it is noted on the delivery slip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! Ordered a new 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 6.2 on March 16th... First truck order we have ever done. Not sure what to expect or lead time. Dealer says end of May to June. Truck is still sitting at 1100 event code. GM Chat says the order has been accepted.... Any help and advice is most appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had no plans to show up there until they called me ....and they did. My understanding it wasn't noticed until it was being detailed ...at least tells me it isn't major ...but they did say it was bad enough it had to be painted. Just hope that Cayenne Red matches better then I read the white does.
Several years ago I bought a new 2014 Silverado 1500.

It wasn’t until a few weeks later that damage was noticed on the roof, from the shipping process.

The dealership took it in and completed the repairs, which included paint and paint blending of the whole roof. When it was done, you would have never known it was damaged, and this was on the Granite Blue paint.

And this coming from a guy who is far more particular than most.

Still stinks it happened. Hoping for a positive outcome for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello! Ordered a new 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 6.2 on March 16th... First truck order we have ever done. Not sure what to expect or lead time. Dealer says end of May to June. Truck is still sitting at 1100 event code. GM Chat says the order has been accepted.... Any help and advice is most appreciated. Thank you!
Grats on your new purchase. I myself just ordered a brand new vehicle for the first time as well. Your purchase date is actually 2 days before my date but I'm at event code 3000 set for production on May 10th. My guess for ETA is early June maybe late May if I'm lucky.
I take it you're from Montana so did you go to Dave Smiths?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Those bastards outside... i wish GM would give us that work back...
Which work did they take? They didn't actually send shipping damaged trucks back to the factory did they? 👀

·
Registered
3 Posts
Grats on your new purchase. I myself just ordered a brand new vehicle for the first time as well. Your purchase date is actually 2 days before my date but I'm at event code 3000 set for production on May 10th. My guess for ETA is early June maybe late May if I'm lucky.
I take it you're from Montana so did you go to Dave Smiths?
Yes.. from Montana... Ordered from a dealer in Montana who we have purchased all our trucks from in the past. They are one of the top sellers of trucks in the state. I see on their website that they had 9 new GMC's in transit all SLT models except for 2 - AT4 models. My parents also ordered a GMC SLT model. I can be pretty impatient as we sold my daily driver truck and now the waiting game. I'm getting concerned that our build may not make the cut... not sure how that works but we opted out off all the lane assist etc safety features. Is it true that Thursdays are the best day to check for updates on event codes? The dealership had AT4 allotment when we ordered but they didn't have SLT allotment when my parents ordered so I know theirs will be a ways behind ours. They did provide us with the order numbers so and the confirmation pages of the orders. Congrats on your event code and production date!!! It's exciting and nerve racking all at the same time...

361 - 380 of 449 Posts