Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

741 - 760 of 1036 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #743 ·
20 inch exactly on my 3500 SRW. shouldn't be any different then your 2500. May I suggest a rope latter as your first accessory. With 6.5 inches of lift and little ones ...you will need it.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Took delivery today, ordered 12/28
Seats are more comfortable in the 21 for sure.
Wondering why its a couple inches higher.......both are 3500
Hoodline has to be taller to accommodate the taller rad and larger fan.

·
Registered
21 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali 6.6L Duramax CC SB "on order"
152 Posts
20 inch exactly on my 3500 SRW. shouldn't be any different then your 2500. May I suggest a rope latter as your first accessory. With 6.5 inches of lift and little ones ...you will need it.
Oh damn.. looks like I'll need the 10" Drop hitch then. What size is your drop hitch? 6"?

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #746 ·
Oh damn.. looks like I'll need the 10" Drop hitch then. What size is your drop hitch? 6"?
I have my 10 inch drop weigh safe hitch from my previous 2500

·
Registered
395 Posts
Can one of you guys do me a huge favor?

I'll be buying a 21 2500HD denali. I'm trying to see what this (See attachment) measurement is.

Can one of you guys use your truck and get it for me?
21” from ground to bottom edge of receiver opening. About 22.5” to center of hitch pin. This is on a 2021 3500HD Denali long bed all stock.

2020+ trucks sit higher than the previous generation.

·
Registered
152 Posts
21” from ground to bottom edge of receiver opening. About 22.5” to center of hitch pin. This is on a 2021 3500HD Denali long bed all stock.

What size are you tires? 275/65/20?

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #753 ·

My truck must be sagging a bit ...
Lynch ...I was serious about the rope latter ...these trucks are tall.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well according to Bullet Proof you want I follow this guide.

So if my truck will be 21" stock.
Then add 6.5" for lift
My 37" tires (true size is 36.8") which will be 2.5" larger than stock

that should put me at 12 drop... Jesus..

I almost bought the 8" Drop the other day. Good thing I held up on it

Attachments

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Was it 18 vs 20 rims?

Same inside guts... rad and fan
Yupp,
My screw-up.

Instead of paying attention to the pictures I was responding as if it was a 17-19 L5P vs a 20+ L5P....

·
Registered
395 Posts
'21 2500 standard bed should sit a little lower at the rear bumper than your 3500 8' right?

St!t I'm wondering if my 8" drop is going to be enough for my 7.5x24 inline enclosed.
Hard to say, a couple 2500HD standard beds I measure before my truck came in had the same measurement.

Just between my truck and Allin8 there is a 1” difference and we both have crew cab 8’ bed 3500’s. Only difference is he has an AT4 and I have a Denali. Since both trucks aren’t measured in the same driveway, that could be the difference.

I measured mine on my concrete driveway and buddies concrete driveway and got the same measurement.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not sure where u work.... but Im not seeing the chip issue here.....
That's because the purchasing and engineering people are doing their jobs. They shutdown car and suv plants so suppliers with the same parts can use their modules/chips for truck plants. They can still build trucks with side blind zone but not to at a lower percentage. So some content that was standard maybe optional. Some packages may change in content. This stuff is happening everyday at every auto factory in the world.

#iworkforGM

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's because the purchasing and engineering people are doing their jobs. They shutdown car and suv plants so suppliers with the same parts can use their modules/chips for truck plants. They can still build trucks with side blind zone but not to at a lower percentage. So some content that was standard maybe optional. Some packages may change in content. This stuff is happening everyday at every auto factory in the world.

#iworkforGM
I ordered an at4 truck month ago and finally they got allocation but the driver alert package is holding up a sunroof and tech packages... Is that the blind zone item you're referring to? Apparently I can get a Denali with that stuff but not an At4 at the moment...it's pretty frustrating the lack of information out there I have no idea what to do...

741 - 760 of 1036 Posts