Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

761 - 780 of 1036 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
That's because the purchasing and engineering people are doing their jobs. They shutdown car and suv plants so suppliers with the same parts can use their modules/chips for truck plants. They can still build trucks with side blind zone but not to at a lower percentage. So some content that was standard maybe optional. Some packages may change in content. This stuff is happening everyday at every auto factory in the world.

#iworkforGM
Yea I have dealt with engineer's and purchasing... its a wonder why we ran out of starter's couple days ago... and why they can't get a solid fix on the most stupid stuff... paper world vs real world...

Tell them to move stuff on the right.... they go and eff up the whole left side... go figure.....

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
That's because the purchasing and engineering people are doing their jobs. They shutdown car and suv plants so suppliers with the same parts can use their modules/chips for truck plants. They can still build trucks with side blind zone but not to at a lower percentage. So some content that was standard maybe optional. Some packages may change in content. This stuff is happening everyday at every auto factory in the world.

#iworkforGM
Are they?.... I beg to differ...
WAY TO GO JIT!!!

I build them...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Placed my order on 22 Apr, GM chat confirmed today my TPW of 17 May. I guess it pays to not be picky, I’d rather have my truck in June than wait an additional 6 months for blind zone monitoring.

Reactions: SnowsledBen

·
Registered
2021 AT4 2500 Blue ordered
16 Posts
Placed my order on 22 Apr, GM chat confirmed today my TPW of 17 May. I guess it pays to not be picky, I’d rather have my truck in June than wait an additional 6 months for blind zone monitoring.
What did you order? My new order was placed a few days before yours and went to code 3000 with a build week of June 7 a couple days after ordering. 2500 AT4 basic with only snowplow prep crew standard bed. Blue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What did you order? My new order was placed a few days before yours and went to code 3000 with a build week of June 7 a couple days after ordering. 2500 AT4 basic with only snowplow prep crew standard bed. Blue.
my truck is also scheduled for the week of June 7. Base at4 with 20’s and the fifth wheel prep package

·
Registered
16 Posts
my truck is also scheduled for the week of June 7. Base at4 with 20’s and the fifth wheel prep package
Ahh ok, bet they are just grouping the AT4 orders together for that week. Imagine if we part of the last week of 2021 AT4 orders? Would be kinda cool.

·
Registered
54 Posts
2500 LT Z71, 5th wheel/gooseneck prep, convenience package, self dimming side mirrors, cab lights, and 18’s.

Reactions: SnowsledBen

·
Registered
16 Posts
2500 LT Z71, 5th wheel/gooseneck prep, convenience package, self dimming side mirrors, cab lights, and 18’s.
Man my dealer told me the cab lights were a constraint for both my SLE and AT4 order. What does Chevy have different cab lights that aren't on constraint? Haha

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #773 ·
I would have to agree. Just get the Denali. If I could do it over I would have gotten it of a AT4. What's the real difference ...certainly not the price.

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #774 ·
Reactions: Lynch-Mob-24-

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would have to agree. Just get the Denali. If I could do it over I would have gotten it of a AT4. What's the real difference ...certainly not the price.
Why would you get the Denali instead of AT4?

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #776 ·
Why would you get the Denali instead of AT4?
Let me turn it around ..Tell me why not? The only diff I am aware of is a skid plate or two. And I will admit I like the seat stitching a bit better on the AT4. If you don't like the chrome on the Denali I get that ...but I do so no issue there. I am simply saying I would just get the Denali which seems to have no restrictions verses waiting for a AT4 ..if I had to order today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Let me turn it around ..Tell me why not? The only diff I am aware of is a skid plate or two. And I will admit I like the seat stitching a bit better on the AT4. If you don't like the chrome on the Denali I get that ...but I do so no issue there. I am simply saying I would just get the Denali which seems to have no restrictions verses waiting for a AT4 ..if I had to order today.
Ahh I gotcha 👍 I much prefer the unchromed look of the AT4 which is why I've been waiting but I'm starting to wonder if I will even get a 2021...

·
Registered
21 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali 6.6L Duramax CC SB "on order"
152 Posts
I'm gong with the window pod for my super gauge but if I ever go two gauges then I'll get this setup I think

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm gong with the window pod for my super gauge but if I ever go two gauges then I'll get this setup I think

Thanks for posting this. It looks like it could be a great solution and it looks nice too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Both packages have the same skid plates (part of the x31 package), difference between the 2 is pretty much chrome vs blacked out on the exterior and some slight differences in the interior (trim and seat covers, AT4 without premium package has has a different instrument cluster).

If you build an AT4 with the premium package and select all the same options between an AT4 and Denali build, the price difference works out to within about $1,300.00 after rebates. This is based on my truck.

761 - 780 of 1036 Posts