Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1321 - 1340 of 1465 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
How long has it been at code 3000? When did your dealer place the order?

You can also track the status through GM chat on chevy or GMC website with the 6 digit order code. You may already have an estimated build date.

Approx 1 month from when it is built for it to show up to the dealer from what I've seen. Give or take.
The dealer had it at 3000 already. I just had to put a deposit down for them to move fwd on it.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Did the chat today. Said it was going in for production on the 21st.
Not a big deal, but the TPW (tentative production week) is always given as the Monday of the week

Truck might actually be scheduled for the end of the week.
If production slips a little it could end up being early the next week.
OTOH, if it is scheduled for Monday and a few trucks get dropped before then it might get built 'early'.

Reactions: H20hunter1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not a big deal, but the TPW (tentative production week) is always given as the Monday of the week

Truck might actually be scheduled for the end of the week.
If production slips a little it could end up being early the next week.
OTOH, if it is scheduled for Monday and a few trucks get dropped before then it might get built 'early'.

·
Registered
21 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali 6.6L Duramax CC SB "on order"
226 Posts
Just got these to go with my truck.

Tail Gate Sensor for hitch: $120
Part# 19421063 (looks like the dealer needs to flash the on board computer)

Trailer Camera Package: $510
Part# 84946379 (for anyone who's installed their camera where on your trailer did you place it?)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Interesting thread... I've been a lurker on this thread for a few weeks now right after I ordered a Cherry red tintcoat High Country dually on March 25th, accepted in mid April with a TPW of May 31st. Just got word from the dealer today it was built during that week and I have the VIN... I feel fortunate after reading some of the experiences others here have been enduring.

This was my third factory order over the years with one difference with this one.... In my working days I worked for a major railroad where I was able to track my trucks as they made their way home. The first one, (1985 Silverado C10 with 6.2 diesel) I traced it all the way to the auto compound so I went down to see if I could find it. I got there just as they were driving her off the auto deck so I was able to drool over my new baby. The second one (2014 Ruby red dually) I met in the yard before it was spotted for unloading so I was able to get some pictures while it was still on the deck.

Now that I'm retired I no longer am able to track the truck so I won't know when it gets here until they call. NBD... it beats working... lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
Interesting thread... I've been a lurker on this thread for a few weeks now right after I ordered a Cherry red tintcoat High Country dually on March 25th, accepted in mid April with a TPW of May 31st. Just got word from the dealer today it was built during that week and I have the VIN... I feel fortunate after reading some of the experiences others here have been enduring.

This was my third factory order over the years with one difference with this one.... In my working days I worked for a major railroad where I was able to track my trucks as they made their way home. The first one, (1985 Silverado C10 with 6.2 diesel) I traced it all the way to the auto compound so I went down to see if I could find it. I got there just as they were driving her off the auto deck so I was able to drool over my new baby. The second one (2014 Ruby red dually) I met in the yard before it was spotted for unloading so I was able to get some pictures while it was still on the deck.

Now that I'm retired I no longer am able to track the truck so I won't know when it gets here until they call. NBD... it beats working... lol

View attachment 1088470
That's a cool story. To bad your retired. I bet alot of guys would love to ask you where their truck is on the trains if you still were working..lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just got these to go with my truck.

Tail Gate Sensor for hitch: $120
Part# 19421063 (looks like the dealer needs to flash the on board computer)

Trailer Camera Package: $510
Part# 84946379 (for anyone who's installed their camera where on your trailer did you place it?)
There is nothing to flash for the tailgate hitch sensor, it is plug and play and about a 15-20 minute install. I installed this about a month ago on my truck.

Instructions say to remove the inner and outer tailgate mechanisms, I only removed the inner, doing it this way it is a tight fit to remove the inner and put it back, but it can be done.

·
Registered
226 Posts
There is nothing to flash for the tailgate hitch sensor, it is plug and play and about a 15-20 minute install. I installed this about a month ago on my truck.

Instructions say to remove the inner and outer tailgate mechanisms, I only removed the inner, doing it this way it is a tight fit to remove the inner and put it back, but it can be done.
That guy trying to con me then..

·
Registered
223 Posts

This guy speaks truth!

No need to remove both mechanisms on each side, just the inner one is enough.

And no flash at all is needed. 100% plug ‘n play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's a cool story. To bad your retired. I bet alot of guys would love to ask you where their truck is on the trains if you still were working..lol
Dealer let me know Saturday truck is transit and set it up with OnStar so I can track it. Was at the plant over the weekend and now just outside of Chicago headed west. Thought the OnStar thing was just normal SOP now but maybe not judging by people not knowing where theirs is in transit?

My sales person said they do it so people are not calling all the time asking where vehicles are at. Thought that is smart!

·
Registered
415 Posts
That guy trying to con me then..
Curt makes the hitch sensor for GM, go to their website and you can look at the instructions.

The price on the hitch sensor and camera you posted, is that from your dealer? Only asking since the GMC and Chevy accessory websites are a little cheaper and depending on what you spend this month, you get 10%, 15%, or 20% if ordered through the website and free shipping if you pick up at the dealer.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Curt makes the hitch sensor for GM, go to their website and you can look at the instructions.

The price on the hitch sensor and camera you posted, is that from your dealer? Only asking since the GMC and Chevy accessory websites are a little cheaper and depending on what you spend this month, you get 10%, 15%, or 20% if ordered through the website and free shipping if you pick up at the dealer.
Through the dealer which orders directly from the website. Ima tell them to just throw the hitch sensor in the truck and I'll install later.

I'll make sure I get the 20% off or I'll tell them forget it I'll do it myself.

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Saw yesterday on GM authority website.. HD Denali production is getting back to full production levels. Seems the chip shortage issue is getting corrected. So it also said that dealers only could order 54 percent of their allocations during the shortage..

1321 - 1340 of 1465 Posts