Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1841 - 1860 of 1884 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
. Do not tow a trailer during the first
800 km (500 mi) of vehicle use to prevent
damage to the engine, axle, or other
parts.
. It is recommended to perform the first oil
change before heavy towing.

I missed that. I towed 3500 miles on my initial oil. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I was surprised by it as well and glad I checked. I did about 300 miles of 'heavy' towing though before I could change oil.

Just did my first wash after the ceramic and holy cow the bugs all the grime just fall right off. Worth every penny
Ceramic coating is truly a game changer. Completely worth the cost of admission.

Lynch ... curious, you caught my attention on something. "you ran a regen on the way to fill up". I'm not aware the idash has a rolling regen ...only a stationary. what I'm I missing?

Yep it has mobile regen.

Cool thing was I ran it on my way to fill up the def so it continued after I filled up which means it ran the old def in the lines
So I am second guessing myself at the moment.
What parameters do you run on your idash for emissions that you see all the time? How positive are you a regen was actually running?
I ended up getting the full Banks set up - Pedal Monster, Derringer, iDash Data Monster, iDash Super Gauge, and the Air Mouse.

I do run a parameter that shows the DPF Soot Percentage, and another that shows Miles Since Last Regen.

You can also start both a stationary regen, or a mobile regen, though I haven't done either one yet. I can tell I'm in a regen at the moment as I have been watching my DPF soot percentage decrease over my last few drives.

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,843 ·
This is what I run
Ok then.. I need to read my manual again. A thousand things this gauge can read. Here is mine, bottom 4. It’s interesting to see my temp go from around 400 degrees to 1400 degrees on a regen.

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,845 ·
waiting for the banks exhaust release in Aug

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,848 ·
cdh7917, I will get it when released. price should be in line with the 2019 version. Prob get the cold air intakes as well. They will all go in closet with the rest till I get bored.

Lynch, I dont think you have any stock parts left on your truck. :)

·
Registered
21 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali 6.6L Duramax CC SB "on order"
320 Posts
cdh7917, I will get it when released. price should be in line with the 2019 version. Prob get the cold air intakes as well. They will all go in closet with the rest till I get bored.

Lynch, I dont think you have any stock parts left on your truck. :)
Right.. wish there was a market for that stuff lol.

I got 3 pallets of my stock shit sitting in my shed.

When you install the cool air intake follow the directions to a t or you will need to go to the dealer for them to reset the air filter life check box..

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,850 ·
Please dont tell me I cant reset my own check box .....If its a error code idash should be able to clear.

Actually when someone post they bought something I always check it out ..to see if its worthy for my AT4. these post are very helpful.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm interested in the exhaust for two reasons - first is to dump hot gases out the side and not back into the 5th wheel, and second is to get a black exhaust tip.

Everything I've read is that the CAI doesn't provide any performance gains. Have I been misled?

I had an S&B CAI on my 2014 1500 w/6.2L gasser, and ended up taking it off cause all it really did was make noise.

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,852 ·
I'm interested in the exhaust for two reasons - first is to dump hot gases out the side and not back into the 5th wheel, and second is to get a black exhaust tip.

Everything I've read is that the CAI doesn't provide any performance gains. Have I been misled?

I had an S&B CAI on my 2014 1500 w/6.2L gasser, and ended up taking it off cause all it really did was make noise.
Now that you say that. There is a old video out there from gale banks stating you cant beat the factory hood intake system and dont modify it on this new gen..or something like that. believe it was his review of the Duramax's upgrades from the last gen. It was before he was offering CAI for this gen. I will have to do some research and see if his recommendations have since changed. Don't want to step back in the numbers.

·
Registered
320 Posts

No performance or sound difference. It 100% reduces the Temps.

I got the 5" with the 6" black tip. The angle is nice as well. In fact I have an extra tip cause the one they originally sent me had a few minor chips in it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Please dont tell me I cant reset my own check box .....If its a error code idash should be able to clear.

Actually when someone post they bought something I always check it out ..to see if its worthy for my AT4. these post are very helpful.
The cold air intake is an upgrade from the stock. The idash can't clear this code unfortunately. If you follow the directions you won't his this issue. Unfortunately for me the shop that installed everything for me missed this step. It's not a big deal as I just hit the box and it disappears until the next start up.

Basically what happens in you have quite a bit of extra air flow and sensor reads that as a problem.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It just does it. It's done it at weird times and soot levels so I don't know the method behind it
Weird times. I second that. Like when your rolling up to your house for the night and you made a few stops before you got home and the truck messages you. "Keep driving" and you just want to drink that beer and fried chicken at home you just picked up.
When I sold my '17 and bought the'21 I told my self I am buying an Idash and etc for it. Bought it from a fellow member on here and love it.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
397 Posts
Holy shit there's so much metal cutting to get those Kelderman caps on.. almost doesn't feel right doing that to the truck.. but damn they really do look good on it
Hahaha it’s way more than expected. I had my buddy at the shop who lifted mine cut the metal. It was worth a 12 pack to not have to cut it myself!!!
The caps absolutely pull the look together. I didn’t like driving mine without the mudflaps or caps. I cut my mudflaps down to almost nothing and I was still rubbing bad. I’m on 24x12s with -40 offset and 37x13.50s so I’m sure that had a lot to do with it. The Kelderman caps fixed it.

1841 - 1860 of 1884 Posts