Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2021 Ordering to Delivery Timeline

269K views 2K replies 120 participants last post by  DuramaxDanZ71Sport 
#1 ·
Interested in how long it has/is taking for new truck orders. As of 02-13-21 there are part shortages and factory shutdowns due to this for many GM models. I do believe the truck plants are in overdrive pumping out trucks, however I have heard many having excessive delays and some cancelations. Please share your knowledge? I ordered a 2021 3500 CC AT4 LB on 01-25-21. Lucky for me it went into event code 2000 on 02-11-21 (accepted by GM).

Reactions: Millsrv
#954 ·
Yeah, I'm in the NW and brought this up a couple weeks ago to the disbelief of many on this thread. It's happening everywhere. They're in high demand and inventory is low.

I did finally find a dealer who was not doing markup but I still paid MSRP (minus GM rebates and discounts). There was no other room for haggling. If you don't want to pay sticker, someone else will.

Try to find the highest volume dealer you can. They seem to not be doing the mark ups, at least around here.

#967 ·
I have a backup plan with a local dealer just incase my dealer tries to screw me.

My local dealer just called me and he has a truck available that's has everything I want plus a little extra. They are not marking up all.. he has the VIN and it looks like it was just competed and ready for transport.

I was so close to taking that but didn't. I hope that doesn't bit me.

#968 ·
I have a backup plan with a local dealer just incase my dealer tries to screw me.

My local dealer just called me and he has a truck available that's has everything I want plus a little extra. They are not marking up all.. he has the VIN and it looks like it was just competed and ready for transport.

I was so close to taking that but didn't. I hope that doesn't bit me.
If it were me, I'd go with the sure thing. Local dealer has a truck with a VIN that exists and is en route. As of right now, it sounds like you're not sure if the one you ordered is going to sit around for a month or more.

Also sounds like the local truck is a better truck. Just go buy that one.

#969 ·
Out of curiosity, have any of you frequent buyers ever participated in what I call a "third party truck survey"? I have done a few, my last in mid 19 because they knew I bought a 19 Denali HD. They paid me 325.00 for 1-2 hrs of my time to view future truck designs. They showed me every angle of about a dozen truck designs and asked what I liked and didn't. The trucks had no badging but you knew they were GM, Ford, and Dodge. I randomly thought of this because I noticed a couple of design elements on my AT4 I remember I was asked about before the design was public. If you get a card in the mail ..check it out before tossing it. May be the real deal and its a interesting experience.

#978 ·
I belong to 2 survey groups that pay you for your time. 1 is with GM and the other is Kellogg’s, I have seen product/technology stuff come to light after about a year taking the survey on that item.

As far as what they pay, it all depends on what the survey is about and how long it takes to fill it out.

#977 ·
I believe the high clearance steps where on constraint for a bit on the AT4’s, uncertain if that is still the case or not.

Other issue, there are more constraints on the 1500’s and people just assume the HD’s are the same.

#979 ·
For what it's worth, my Chevy 3500 finally showed up at my house on Thursday. I ordered through a broker, but he just works with the dealer, does all the negotiating, sets up financing, etc. Mine came in about $2900 under MSRP, though the rebates were pretty pathetic. So the mark up isn't everywhere, but it's obviously coming.

Also, on constraints, the guy that I worked with said that the biggest delay on mine had something to do with the power mirrors. I didn't ask what it was because I didn't care now that it's here, and who knows if that's really true or not. I've known the guy for 25 years, though, and trust him. He said that it was built very quickly but sat in the railyard waiting on something with the mirrors. You guys that work at the factory would know more.

#982 ·
Exactly on the markups. I was originally getting GM Supplier pricing and then offered invoice since it was lower than GM Supplier.

Hard to say on sitting at the rail yard, mine was built 3/24, at the rail yard in Flint on 3/29, arrived at the local rail yard 4/6, unloaded 4/8 and sitting in my driveway 4/12. Dealer I work with had a dually built end of January and it did not ship until end of March, they really got no reason for the delay.

#1,004 ·
I give GM a failing grade when its comes to leadership and customer service on their new HD truck tracking order system status. I realize these are challenging times in the US and a new vehicle purchases are probably a low priority in the big picture. I feel it still makes you think twice about dropping $80K on new truck when you can't even get a straight answer on delivery lead times. I feel your pain...

#1,005 ·
Tracking system isn't intended to supply live updates.

Knowing the event code doesn't get it built any faster.
Knowing it's been shipped doesn't make the railroad work any faster.

#1,009 ·
Tracking system isn't intended to supply live updates.

Knowing the event code doesn't get it built any faster.
Knowing it's been shipped doesn't make the railroad work any faster.
Knowing it is stuck at code 1200 for over a month when your dealer is lieing to you and telling you they have allocation and no constraints is very useful info. Because it gives you ammo to call out your dealers lies.

Ask me how I know...

#1,016 ·
I do all my own stuff ... dont like others digging through my truck. Mine is wired to my upfitter kit. If you dont have that option no worries, as the unused connector to it is on all trucks (near the OBDII port) ; you simply use that, there is a GM bulletin on how to take power from it without cutting wires up. If interested in this method I can share ...got to run to work at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.