Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a reputable source (GM employee), this is something we should look for. Found some references to a DEF tank on the 2021 T1 SUVs. I would have to assume it would be the 3.0 I6 that the LD trucks are getting, but still pretty exciting (though spy shots also show IRS so maybe not what we have been hoping for exactly, well and not the 6.6 either).

·
Registered
9 Posts
from a reputable source (gm employee), this is something we should look for. Found some references to a def tank on the 2021 t1 suvs. I would have to assume it would be the 3.0 i6 that the ld trucks are getting, but still pretty exciting (though spy shots also show irs so maybe not what we have been hoping for exactly, well and not the 6.6 either).
it's come true!!! :d

·
Registered
9 Posts
Way to go GM. Sure do like the 3.0 inline six (from what I've read). Neither Ford nor Chrysler have anything like it.

It's not the same engine, but I DO love my Cruze diesel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Way to go GM. Sure do like the 3.0 inline six (from what I've read). Neither Ford nor Chrysler have anything like it.

It's not the same engine, but I DO love my Cruze diesel.
I'm still waiting to hear more from actual owners of the 3.0L Duramax. I LOVE the idea. I'm sad I'll have to wait til they're 10 years old before I can afford one though. :S

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Pull the trans every 100k to swap out and keep the oil psi pumping.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Only draw back i have read, they will not offer the diesel in the Z71. Only the Luxo models. If interested.....

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Think the 3 liter will be underpowered? Those Yukon xl's and and suburbans are big vehicles. My mom has one with the 6.2 liter, and I wouldn't ever consider buying one with the 5.3 after riding in hers.

I think the 5.3 would be a dog in one of those, especially pulling a load

·
Registered
49 Posts
The diesel engine specs are similar to what a stock LB7 was back in the day, I think it will feel like a nice, quick truck that gets great mileage.

Think the 3 liter will be underpowered? Those Yukon xl's and and suburbans are big vehicles. My mom has one with the 6.2 liter, and I wouldn't ever consider buying one with the 5.3 after riding in hers.

I think the 5.3 would be a dog in one of those, especially pulling a load

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Closer to the 8100 than the LB7 was; 460 lb ft @ 1500Rs....277hp @3750

1 - 11 of 11 Posts