Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a whistle coming from passenger side dealer claims its cab light, didnt do it until about 9,000 miles, they installed a new one still does it. Anyone had this?

·
Registered
440 Posts
My 21 GMC 3500 has a whistle that comes and goes. It has been there since day one. Don’t notice it as much since adding vent shades.

I believe there is a TSB on the 20 GMC’s for a whistle, uncertain if it covers the 21’s

·
Registered
948 Posts
So, I randomly noticed a whistling noise in my LBZ on a trip. It seemed random, and I couldn't quite identify where it was coming from or why. Turned out we had set it to max A/C and the truck turned on the cab air re circulation feature to cool things down/keep them down. Anyways, on my truck when that occurs, it closes a "door" to intake fresh air and consequently air from the outside slams into that door and makes a slight whistling noise. Not saying its the same for you, but that is what I discovered on my whistling issue that "came and went" until I identified what it was.

Reactions: Barehandlineman21

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill take a look. My dealership has some device that pings where noise is coming from. They said its 100% the cab light just waiting on new design

1 - 7 of 7 Posts