Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 8757 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Starting this thread so we can share and compare personal experiences at ordering 2022 model year GMC Sierra HD and Chevrolet Silverado HD trucks.

The hope is that we can maybe get a glimpse of where we stand in the whole process by seeing where others are in the process. There are too many variables at play affecting accuracy but it is still interesting knowing where everyone else is. At the very least, we can live vicariously through those ahead of us in the process.

Thread DOs:
Share what truck you ordered
Share order history
Share dealer ordering experience, good and bad
Share GM ordering experience, good and bad
Mod edit:
Post a picture of your truck upon delivery

Thread DON'Ts:
Ask GM employees about the status of your order or anything, for that matter. There are other thread(s) for that.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ordered a GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Black Diamond Edition back in August. This is my first time ordering a vehicle so I have been reading a lot of forum posts learning from others.

My order history (not complete):
8/11 Order placed with dealer
8/12 1100 Preliminary Order Accepted
8/27 3000 Accepted by Production Control, TPW 10/4
9/10 3000 TPW moved up a week to 9/27
9/18 3300 Order Selected
10/2 3400 Order Broadcast for Production
10/8 Order Built (per dealer)
10/19 Truck in quality inspection hold
10/21 Truck shows up on dealer website, grab window sticker/VIN
10/22 Truck disappears from website, dealer says it has been invoiced but not shipped

I yearn for the old days when you could go to a dealer, kick the tires, maybe take a car/truck for a test drive, and possibly even purchase something to drive home that day.

· Registered
37 Posts
Buying a vehicle is definitely a different experience than just a couple years ago! And from everything I've read this may become a more common model even after the rebound of supply chain issues, covid, unemployment, etc... carrying less inventory means less overhead for dealers and perhaps a better a way for GM to distribute but it will be weird to see all the dealers that normally stocked hundreds of vehicles sit there with 50 new models...guess we'll see.

My experience with ordering is still ongoing but to date;
4/2 - ordered a 2021 CCSB LT Gas truck
Sat at 1100 for months with no explanation from the dealer
Finally learned sometime in June that truck was not/would not be accepted due to allocations and the upcoming model year change over
7/22 order a 2022 CCSB LTZ Gas truck
7/29 - Order accepted and given TPW of 8/16
8/16 - TPW backed up to 8/30
Truck was built on 9/3 and VIN issued
9/7 truck was moved to Excel Lot/Lake State Railway with a code of 4D00
Truck has sat at 4D00 since 9/7

Lots of lessons learned in this process mainly all due to current events but doesn't make the waiting game any easier especially when you see folks now that had trucks built in late Sept or early Oct already take delivery

· Registered
2022 Sierra 2500HD AT4
138 Posts
My story:

I signed a contract early September on an "In Transit" 2500 AT4 that my dealer had coming. Original delivery was September 9th. The first event code I received on September 22nd was 4150 (dealer invoiced).

It's been sitting in the EXCEL LOT/LAKE STATE RAILWAY since August 2nd according to palsapp.com with no delivery estimate available. Very frustrating!

· Registered
411 Posts
Starting this thread so we can share and compare personal experiences at ordering 2022 model year GMC Sierra HD and Chevrolet Silverado HD trucks.

The hope is that we can maybe get a glimpse of where we stand in the whole process by seeing where others are in the process. There are too many variables at play affecting accuracy but it is still interesting knowing where everyone else is. At the very least, we can live vicariously through those ahead of us in the process.

Thread DOs:
Share what truck you ordered
Share order history
Share dealer ordering experience, good and bad
Share GM ordering experience, good and bad

Thread DON'Ts:
Ask GM employees about the status of your order or anything, for that matter. There are other thread(s) for that.
Are you looking for everyone to update their post instead of giving status updates in separate posts? That's what I think I see you're looking for. Seems like a good idea too.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you looking for everyone to update their post instead of giving status updates in separate posts? That's what I think I see you're looking for. Seems like a good idea too.
I just thought I would create a thread where we could continue sharing our status ordering trucks since the original thread is now locked. I don't think reposting info from the old thread is necessary as it is still searchable and accessible for reading. Lots of good information in there.

It was just coincidental that LeonardS started a similar thread focused on delivery about the same time this morning. The need is definitely there.

· Registered
2022 2500 Denali L5P CC Ultimate Pkg Ebony Twilight Metallic
68 Posts
I ordered a 2500 CCSB Denali diesel on August 6 which was a Friday, on the following Monday it was at 1100.

My dealership is a very old and trusted GMC/Buick dealership in a small town. Owner is the son of the original dealer, his son is the parts manager and does the ordering, and his grandson works in the office. He sells quite a few trucks and cars but nothing like the mega dealers. He turned down offers from other dealerships last year to buy some of his stock, he turned them down to be able to provide for repeat buyers. He is selling for under sticker when most of not all dealers are selling above sticker. I have bought several vehicles from him and he always gives me great service. I could go 350 miles across the state and order from a mega dealer that I have done some work for in the past but I just can’t bring myself to buy from someone else (at this point).

I am waiting on dealer allocation…. I am the next order as soon as he gets one. I want this truck but I am not in need of this truck for business or towing at the moment. Still have a tow rig for the toys and put the boats away for the winter. Was joking that it would look good under the Christmas tree… perhaps Valentines Day or my birthday on St Patrick’s day may be more realistic. I may even end up with heated rear seats if I wait long enough!

8/6 order and order number
8/9 1100
?? 2150 - neither the dealer or I know why
10/28 - no allocation to date

· Registered
1,074 Posts
2022 Sierra Denali 3500 SRW w/ ultimate package, power steps, and fifth wheel prep.

ETA to dealership 11/16 Unknown

1100 - 5/27 Preliminary order accepted
2000 - 7/2 Accepted by GM
2500 - 7/6 Preferenced
3000 - 7/6 Accepted by production control
3100 - 7/29 Available to sequence
3300 - 7/29 Scheduled for production
3400 - 8/4 Broadcast
3800 - 8/19 Produced
4D00 - 8/19 Vehicle on hold - MP; Transported to Buick City
4D00 - 9/9 Vehicle on hold - MP; Transported back to Flint Factory
4000 - 9/12 Available to ship
4120 - 9/13 Internal invoice
4D00 - 9/29 Vehicle on hold - MP
4150 - 10/29 Invoice

· Registered
411 Posts
2022 Sierra 3500 Denali Black Diamond Edition

7/19: Ordered

7/19: 2000

8/23: TPW

8/30: Built

9/2: 4D00 Chip hold EXCEL LOT/LAKE STATE RAILWAY

I'll update this post if anything changes

· Registered
136 Posts
8/25 Placed order: Denali 3500HD 6.6 gas
10/15 Put deposit on AT4 2500HD Duramax (original owner/buyer bought another truck)
10/27 AT4 arrived at dealer and got update from dealer on Denali order: Event Code 3300 TPW 11/1
10/28 Test drove AT4: Absolutely love the Duramax but only liked the AT4 so didn't purchase.

Here's were it gets fun:
10/28 Placed order: Denali 3500HD (SRW) Duramax

· Registered
2022 Silverado CCSB LT North Sky Blue Dmax
90 Posts
I was one of the lucky ones.
Ordered CCSB Duramax LT, buckets, All Star, fifth wheel prep, and bed view camera in North Sky Blue.
Ordered placed mid July,
2000 7/20
3000 7/30
TPW 8/16
TPW CHANGED TO 8/30
3400 9/2
4300 9/10 with estimated delivery of 9/23
Truck arrived about 2 days early.
Picked up on 9/23
Truck is awesome, hopefully everyone receives theirs very soon.
Dealership was very good with communicating updates and explaining things.
They had a very good understanding of the process.

· Registered
22 Silverado 2500HD LT Z71 gasser
30 Posts
I ordered almost everything I could on an LT. It's a Northsky Blue Chevy 2500HD CCSB LT 6.6 L8T, Leather, front bench seat, All-Star, Z71 off road and protection package, 5th wheel prep, Convenience 2, Autotrac, high idle switch, roof marker lights, trailer tire pressure sensors on 8/28. I'm hoping to take delivery sometime in January, but we'll see.

8/28 - Order placed at dealer
10/18 - 3000 - Accepted by Production Control - TPW 11/29

· Registered
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd Z71
4 Posts
2022 Silverado 2500hd Z71 Sport Edition north sky blue with the 6.6 gas motor

8/27 - ordered at dealer
8/31 - order excepted
TPW - 10/4
10/7 - truck was built and received my vin
10/26 - arrived at dealer (east texas)
10/27 - I picked up from dealer

· Registered
10 Posts
First I will say this will be my First GMC. And first HD truck.
Experience. Go to dealer pick the truck I like, make sure it had options I wanted, buy truck.
COVID changed all that. I knew of the chip shortage but didn't really research how bad it was. Test drove a used GMC SLT with Duramax 9/18.
Have always loved the GMC Denali HD. Have an opportunity to buy. When looking up vehicles, didn't realize there was a Sporty off road HD called an AT4 HD. Still love the Denali's but hello AT4.
Talked to dealer on 10/16. They had a Silver Denali they ordered and was still available. I put the deposit down on 10/18.
Asked about expected delivery. Was told truck was at 3800 status 10/25 no known expected delivery. Was curios about what the process was and how you can find out information, found forum.
After reading several different threads about diesel vs gas. Determined gas was a better fit for me because I don't haul heavy a lot and will use the truck on daily commutes.
Switched deposit over to a truck that was on GMC's website "IN TRANSIT" that dealer said was still available. AT4 HD 6.6L gas Loaded out 10/28. Asked about delivery, was told about 2 weeks.

Just for kicks asked GMC chat. They said expected delivery is 11/12. Hopefully that is true. Keeping fingers crossed.

· Registered
ORDERD: 2022 3500 SRW, CC, LB, X31, Gas, 1SA, Gooseneck/5th Wheel, Multi Pro,
11 Posts
1100 - 13SEP22 Order Placed 3500 SRW Gas Pro (1SA) with a few options. (1st on dealer's HD list)
03NOV22 Dealer received allocation but the order MUST be SLE. I am told that GM is only building Pro trucks for fleet customers right now.

Anyone else hear no Pro trucks for dealer sales?

· Registered
2 Posts
2022 Sierra Denali 3500 SRW w/ ultimate package, power steps, and fifth wheel prep.

ETA to dealership 10/16

1100 - 5/27 Preliminary order accepted
2000 - 7/2 Accepted by GM
2500 - 7/6 Preferenced
3000 - 7/6 Accepted by production control
3100 - 7/29 Available to sequence
3300 - 7/29 Scheduled for production
3400 - 8/4 Broadcast
3800 - 8/19 Produced
4D00 - 8/19 Vehicle on hold - MP; Transported to Buick City
4D00 - 9/9 Vehicle on hold - MP; Transported back to Flint Factory
4000 - 9/12 Available to ship
4120 - 9/13 Internal invoice
4D00 - 9/29 Vehicle on hold - MP
4150 - 10/29 Invoice

· Registered
2 Posts
I’ve come to find out code MP stands for missing parts. Also, those who have vehicle at storage lots most likely are either code MP or they are waiting for rail cars as I was told. The quality inspection I’ve found out is after parts come in they are taken back to plant and completed, washed and prepped for delivery to trucks or rail cars. Before you drive vehicle off lot., crawl underneath and look for fork lift gouges and marks on frame rails. They are using skidders, front en loaders with fork lift tines to get them out of the muddy storage lots

· Registered
2022 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LT 4x4
80 Posts
My experience was good all along.

8/7/2021 - Visited dealer, put together list of features and accessories with salesman.
8/7/2021 - Received build sheet, approved same. Order submitted and accepted. Received order number with final build sheet.
9/2/2021 - Received call from salesman stating that they weren't sure of the status but the code on the order indicated the order had been placed in the queue.
9/29/2021 - Received call from salesman that they had a code but were not sure what it meant.
10/2/2021 - Received call from excited salesman that the truck had just been delivered and to come over for an inspection and test drive. I reminded him he still needed to add the accessories that were not factory installed (bedliner, tonneau cover, running boards). That brought him back to earth. :sneaky::cool:
10/2/2021 - Visited dealer, test drove truck, reviewed build sheet to make sure the factory did their part. Approved truck, did the paperwork, paid down payment, signed the note and finalized set up of Onstar, SiriusXM radio, connecting phone to Bluetooth. (y)
10/6/2021 - Picked up finished truck, transferred and updated the insurance policy to the new truck, dropped old truck off of insurance and Toll Tag, and updated the MyChevrolet app on my Android phone.
10/6/2021 - Drove to office with a big grin on my face! :D

· Premium Member
2022 Silverado 2500HD CC Z71 Sport
727 Posts
1100 - 13SEP22 Order Placed 3500 SRW Gas Pro (1SA) with a few options. (1st on dealer's HD list)
03NOV22 Dealer received allocation but the order MUST be SLE. I am told that GM is only building Pro trucks for fleet customers right now.

Anyone else hear no Pro trucks for dealer sales?
If that is the GMC version of a Chevy Work Truck, then they have been on constraint alot.

1 - 20 of 8757 Posts