Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
8541 - 8560 of 8767 Posts

· Registered
2022 2500 HD High Country 6.6L Duramax
644 Posts
Submitted my order back on 11/11/21, was given a 4-6 month ETA from dealer. In February, the truck was built, and in March I was notified that my VIN was one of the few thousand orders that were scrapped due to the hydrolock/engine block defect. Not sure if they built a whole new truck or swapped engines but it showed up on Wednesday, picked it up Thursday. It was a very long and frustrating process but even still, this was completely worth the wait. Very happy and thank you to anyone on here producing such a solid product. View attachment 1108922
Beautiful truck brother. And the right color. Congratulations! 😁👍🏼👊🏼

· Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
161 Posts
I checked on my 2 orders today just for the fun of it. The first one that was placed back in January is still waiting on a dealer allocation. The second order that was placed in July apparently has been accepted and is working toward the production process. The assembly plant is working to narrow the timeframe for the most accurate Target Production Week. If this info is to be believed, I may get the second order instead, but who knows!

· Registered
1,322 Posts
Order placed 10 SEP 22
Arrived at the dealer and picked same day 8 NOV 22

This truck is amazing!

View attachment 1109354
I've been following this (and the previous) thread since the beginning and that might be the one of the quickest turnarounds so far. Congrats on a great looking truck.

· Registered
1,322 Posts
Everyone have diesel fuel supply still?
$4.99 here with no interruptions, yet.
$6.39 here in northwest Vermont. Maybe the high price is a result of the “shortage “. That’s the highest price I have ever paid for diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: OrcuttHD

· Registered
2022 GMC 2500HD CCSB SLT 6.6 Gas
169 Posts
Central Mass running $6.00-$6.15 from my travels today

· Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
161 Posts
I like how they say there's a shortage in diesel. Thats BS, because anybody who knows anything, knows that gasoline is more refined than diesel. So, lets say for example, you take crude oil and refine it once, you get diesel. Then you refine it some more and you get gasoline. I know this ain't exactly the process, but you get the idea.

· Registered
17 Posts
My Chevy Silverado 3500 was built in April, delivered in early October. Heated seats and park assist will be retrofitted. Has anyone heard when heated seat retro’s will start? Dealer has not been notified when chips will arrive.

· Registered
71 Posts
I like how they say there's a shortage in diesel. Thats BS, because anybody who knows anything, knows that gasoline is more refined than diesel. So, lets say for example, you take crude oil and refine it once, you get diesel. Then you refine it some more and you get gasoline. I know this ain't exactly the process, but you get the idea.
Not sure I get your point - it still all takes crude stock, and the prioritazation and diversion to the thousands of products that come from that. For example, the NE part of the US is still heavily dependent on home heating oil, which is quite similar to diesel - and the seasonal demand for that product can mean less diesel production. I'm not sure what other dynamics might be having a current impact on the diesel supply and even if the shortage is real or not. But it's not "BS" - it can and has happened.

-R

· Registered
2022 Chevrolet 3500 High Country CC
1,424 Posts
My Chevy Silverado 3500 was built in April, delivered in early October. Heated seats and park assist will be retrofitted. Has anyone heard when heated seat retro’s will start? Dealer has not been notified when chips will arrive.
Here's another one

8541 - 8560 of 8767 Posts