Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
8561 - 8580 of 8767 Posts

· Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
161 Posts
Not sure I get your point - it still all takes crude stock, and the prioritazation and diversion to the thousands of products that come from that. For example, the NE part of the US is still heavily dependent on home heating oil, which is quite similar to diesel - and the seasonal demand for that product can mean less diesel production. I'm not sure what other dynamics might be having a current impact on the diesel supply and even if the shortage is real or not. But it's not "BS" - it can and has happened.

-R
I see what you're saying. They will do anything to make that extra dollar.

· Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
161 Posts
It's been a couple weeks (I think) since I checked on my orders. One of them still hasn't been accepted. The other one has an event code of 3050. I didn't see an event code with that number, but since its between 3000 - order accepted by production control, and 3100 - order available to sequence, maybe its a good thing, who knows!

· Registered
1,322 Posts
Dang! The price went up another $100 for my truck. When I had to switch from the 2022 model to the 2023 model, it was about 5 grand more. It has increased 2 or 3 times since then, but just a hundred or 2 at a time.
Death by a thousand cuts... Ya, I couldn't afford to replace my truck if I had to start the process over again.

· Registered
688 Posts
well they must be cleaning up the lots, todays dealer ad is saying to reserve your 2022 truck!, must be why the retro fitting is not happening

· Administrator
3,294 Posts
Can't get a hold of my salesman.
PM me the VINs, I'll send the drone up for a search and destroy, uh, I mean search mission. 🤪😈

· Registered
2022 Chevrolet 3500 High Country CC
1,424 Posts
Sounds like a good time to just stop in. Regardless rather your salesman is there or not, have your vin's ready and someone else can look them up for you. Have them put your phone number in vin view for text updates while there at it. That way you'll get a text of the trucks movement every time it's updated.

Hopefully it shows up soon, it'll make it all worth it.

Reactions: OrcuttHD

· Premium Member
2023 Silverado 3500HD SRW, CC, SB
55 Posts
Looks like a short model year for the 23’s, 24’s scheduled production starting in February. Dilemma now is to wait or not to wait?

· Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
161 Posts
Looks like a short model year for the 23’s, 24’s scheduled production starting in February. Dilemma now is to wait or not to wait?
They only mentioned the silverado. I wonder if its also for the sierra?

I checked both my orders, been waiting on the first one for 10 months now, its still at the "moving toward production process". I think that dealer still hasn't gotten an allocation yet. The other order, been waiting 4 months on it, still sitting at that 3050 code. I put together a list of phone numbers of dealers, I believe its past time to start finding another one to order from.

· Administrator
3,294 Posts

· Registered
688 Posts
Reactions: OrcuttHD
8561 - 8580 of 8767 Posts