Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
8581 - 8600 of 8767 Posts

· Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
161 Posts
Ok, so I found a truck that's very close to what I was planning on ordering. The 20 inch wheels, running boards, and the illuminated grille emblem are not on this one. The dealer said its in Michigan and hasn't been shipped to them yet. They said if I was interested, I could put down a deposit and they would get the truck marked hot to get it shipped immediately to them. Does this make sense?

· Premium Member
2022 Silverado 2500HD LTZ DCSB
227 Posts
Nope. Even Danielle at PVS can only try to get it marked as hot from what she told me. It seems like there is a better chance of it being moved from storage lots if it is marked for dealer pickup. Mine was accidentally marked for dealer pickup and I still think that is why I didn’t wait longer. I wouldn’t put a deposit on it.

· Administrator
3,294 Posts
Ok, so I found a truck that's very close to what I was planning on ordering. The 20 inch wheels, running boards, and the illuminated grille emblem are not on this one. The dealer said its in Michigan and hasn't been shipped to them yet. They said if I was interested, I could put down a deposit and they would get the truck marked hot to get it shipped immediately to them. Does this make sense?
I'm sorry to say that I've read enough of these stories that they're rarely true. The dealers tend to stretch the real story all the time.

· Registered
2022 Chevrolet 3500 High Country CC
1,423 Posts
Agree with what others have said. It never turns out in quickly. Dealer has no control over the shipping. If the deposit is refundable and it is a truck could be happy with, hedge your bets and put a deposit down. Only as long as you can get a complete refund if you choose at anytime.

Had the same happen to me with an out of state dealer, I put the deposit down, 6 wks later I found another truck and that one still hadn't arrived and it was supposed to be in the next week. Got the deposit back all good.

Reactions: viper8315

· Registered
278 Posts
My 2022 silverado duramax 2500 HD crew ordered Aug 1,2021,built 12-1-2021,took delivery 3-25-2022.its now complete,i got my front heated seat chip installed this week.I got my proper new red/white front ranchero shocks Z71 installed this week after GM sent me a recall notice because it had the wrong shocks.The plant built mine with the proper red/white ranchero shocks on the rear and put regular black shocks on the Front.very happy with my truck and its awesome MPG

· Registered
132 Posts
Well, I got both my monroney's yesterday. One truck shows to be in my State, AZ on rail car, the other shipping 12/7.
I gotta pick 1. My dealer will have the other for sale once I make my choice if anyone is looking for a 3500HD SRW Z71 Sport in Summet White. It will either be a LT or LTZ depending on which one I go with.

· Premium Member
2023 Silverado 3500HD SRW, CC, SB
55 Posts
They only mentioned the silverado. I wonder if its also for the sierra?
They posted today that the 24’ Sierra will also start production in February. If I can get a 23’ that’s supposedly on it’s way to a dealer near me, I will go for that vs waiting to order a 24’ that will take who knows how long to get.

Reactions: OrcuttHD and Satar

· Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
161 Posts
I studied the window sticker again to make sure it was only missing those three things that I cared about the most. This one doesn't show anything missing that will be retrofitted later, like the heated seats and park assist stuff - it's all there. I made some calls and the deposit is refundable and they are not marking up the price. What's rediculous is that this dealer marks up the at4's and denali trim levels. This one is an SLT so it isn't being marked up. I went on ahead and paid the 1k deposit since I can get the money back and this truck's actually built. I'm not happy about the markups on the other trims even though I'm not buying those - it's the principle of it.

· Registered
2022 Chevrolet 3500 High Country CC
1,423 Posts
My truck is now due for it's 1st complimentary oil change. I've interviewed 3 service centers so far and fired them before they got the opportunity to book the appointment. It was a few months ago that I mentioned I was missing the chrome trim on the bottom of the front passenger door window, it does have the black trim piece installed instead. I actually had one rather large dealer service center in my area tell me they won't warranty faulty or missing trim from the manufacture because to many owners steel the trim then try to get it replaced. Freakin seriously, I told him it wasn't missing it was the wrong piece of trim and he accused me of changing it. Needless to say still looking for a service facility. Almost tempted to screw it and just service myself. Ok Rant over.

@theflea42 Rootin for ya, Get that truck in, your gonna Love it.

· Administrator
3,294 Posts
@Satar, I never took mine in for the free service. They'll never grease the front end anyway. Just do it yourself.

As far as the trim piece, sounds like you'll have to call GM and file a case.

· Premium Member
2022 Silverado 2500HD CC Z71 Sport
732 Posts
Reactions: OrcuttHD

· Registered
688 Posts
wrong color!, should be metallic black...lol, if you have the funds why not the ltz, i would have but there were too many constraints when i ordered

8581 - 8600 of 8767 Posts