Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2022-2023MY HD Truck Ordering Experiences

723K views 9K replies 338 participants last post by  theflea42 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Starting this thread so we can share and compare personal experiences at ordering 2022 model year GMC Sierra HD and Chevrolet Silverado HD trucks.

The hope is that we can maybe get a glimpse of where we stand in the whole process by seeing where others are in the process. There are too many variables at play affecting accuracy but it is still interesting knowing where everyone else is. At the very least, we can live vicariously through those ahead of us in the process.

Thread DOs:
Share what truck you ordered
Share order history
Share dealer ordering experience, good and bad
Share GM ordering experience, good and bad
Mod edit:
Post a picture of your truck upon delivery

Thread DON'Ts:
Ask GM employees about the status of your order or anything, for that matter. There are other thread(s) for that.

#2,711 ·
Another vehicle materialized out of the ether at the dealer I have my order in at. A Black AT4 Crew Cab 2500 - never showed up until today - not on the GM inventory and still not on the dealer site - looks to have been an August build. I’m assuming it’s spoken for as my dealer didn’t offer it to me. No sticker available either

Attachments

#2,722 ·
Ref post #2711

It would appear dealers may be less than honest😨

I have a friend that saw a ‘new black truck’ on their lot today. GM says it’s there - but they claim it hasn’t shipped yet. I was correct on the status, spoken for.

#2,726 · (Edited)
That’s a given - I wouldn’t have assumed it was there without a word or the eye witness that mentioned it before I checked the site.

Just to echo one more thing @USMarine2.0 I’ve seen trucks as showing on the lot by the GM website and the dealer site, the JC site shows ASN - BAYED - ON HOLD (no paired or shipping)

#2,736 ·
Well guys, I figured I owed it to this forum to share my story since I read this site like a book for about 4 months. Hopefully it’s okay since I ended up going with logic vs want and landed the nicest truck I’ve ever owned, but it’s the gasser. I’m only occasionally pulling a trailer or my camper at 7700lbs, but am taking the wife and kids on some long distance trips this year and had no desire to do it again in my F150. I’d put a deposit back in October on a 2500 Black Diamond and had the same result as everyone else here with limited info, months of waiting and no end in sight. A few times I went on the hunt and still couldn’t turn anything up, but after settling on the fact that the gas was actually the best choice for me despite my desire for the diesel and the best looking truck on the market, I reverted back to my first love that got me into this whole mess last fall…a 2500 black AT4. I had a dealer that I’d called several months back contact me and I ended up with one where the deal fell through, so I jumped on it and I can honestly say I love this truck. Yes, I need the heated and cooled seats/steering wheel since it’s a 23xxxx VIN, but I don’t care; this thing is what I’d hoped. So while I say goodbye to the diesel family here, I felt slightly better when driving it home and saw diesel at $4.89/gal and that helped me a little bit in getting over not having the duramax. My reasoning the whole time on the diesel was that if someday we upgraded to a heavier 13k+ camper, I’d be set or if I needed to help on the in laws farm, I’d have the capability for heavier loads, but the reality is I just don’t have a good use for it now. Anyways, I’m just sharing because I read everyone else’s stories and enjoyed it plus my wife is sick of me talking truck stuff with her, so here it is….plus a little ceramic front window tint….oh yeah, the black diamond delivered to the other dealer yesterday lol.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

#2,743 ·
13 weeks. Ordered with no constraints. Was told it wouldn’t come with heated/cooled front seats, heated steering or F/R park assist. It would be a later retrofit. It did come with heated/cooled seats though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2,742 ·
Ordered Dec 11, 21. Delivered Northern Utah today. Pick up Friday or Monday after goose hitch install.
Oshawa N1206
Another truck delivered was NF206 HC 3500.
Thanks for this thread and all the contributors. A lot of info here and a huge shout out to my salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2,759 ·
Looks like we're going to get a slew of photo bombs to this thread in the next few days. Good to hear!
@USMarine2.0 , did you execute "the plan" on @JoeTheFarmer 's truck? 😈😈😈

#2,761 ·
On a good note, I hope, Found out from PVS (contrary to chat) that my truck came off GM Hold and became shippable 2/7 and is currently on one of "many" off-site yards (Baker College) which I think is the same as Auburn Hills. I feel more confident about this info than what I had before. Danielle was going to reach out to the Flint team and ask if they can get it moving, no promises but it felt very sincere and I was very appreciative and I let her now that. :);):)

Glad ya finally ran out of black 😂😂😂😂

#2,762 ·
On a good note, I hope, Found out from PVS (contrary to chat) that my truck came off GM Hold and became shippable 2/7 and is currently on one of "many" off-site yards (Baker College) which I think is the same as Auburn Hills. I feel more confident about this info than what I had before. Danielle was going to reach out to the Flint team and ask if they can get it moving, no promises but it felt very sincere and I was very appreciative and I let her now that. :);):)

Glad ya finally ran out of black 😂😂😂😂
Danielle at PVS has been instrumental in getting all these "forgotten" older VIN trucks moving. Without her my truck would still be parked somewhere in Flint getting rusty with a GFX hold on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.