Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
801 - 820 of 1435 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Which dealer is honoring GMS? Does that dealer family have a GMC branch?
Not exactly sure what you are asking...but I belive you are asking about GM supplier discount. I'll be order under GM employer discount. Father worked word for GM for 30+ years. So far the dealer says he'll order under GM employer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not exactly sure what you are asking...but I belive you are asking about GM supplier discount. I'll be order under GM employer discount. Father worked word for GM for 30+ years. So far the dealer says he'll order under GM employer.

Thanks, this helps. GMS is employee pricing as best I know. Relative of mine worked at GM too and I have a “GMS” number.

·
Registered
Currently a 2005 Silverado HD
21 Posts
Employee and supplier discount is a voluntary program so If you find a dealer willing to give that pricing right now it's a big bonus. All the ones I talked to were not participating right now. I ordered mine with a $1800+ off MSRP and that was about the best I found.

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon 2.8 mini-Max
51 Posts
Employee and supplier discount is a voluntary program so If you find a dealer willing to give that pricing right now it's a big bonus. All the ones I talked to were not participating right now. I ordered mine with a $1800+ off MSRP and that was about the best I found.
Before I ordered my 2022, what I was getting from dealers (including Ram) was that they would not honor discounts for any vehicles on the lot, but would honor it for ordering. Since I'm a GM guy, I ordered my dream truck from my local GMC dealership and they sent me email stating they would honor the pricing (which was not available in June when I placed the order). Our company provides a link to get pricing and somewhere between June and about 2 weeks ago the supplier discount pricing was available and I now have what I'll be paying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Morning everyone. Just finished my weekly check in with GM chat. Had a fairly consistent TPW of 10/4 so far. I've seen a couple other guys here state they had the same date. Today chat told me my TPW is 1/24/2022 so heads up to anyone else looking at the 10/4 date. Might want to check in again, looks like we've been pushed out. I'm going to touch base with the dealer today too, been a while since I spoke with him. If he has different information I'll pass it along.

Just got off with the dealer. He basically told me not to bother with chat because they have no idea which isn't really news I think we all knew chat updates have very limited real info behind them. And he also said he didn't foresee it being pushed back that far. He really didn't have much info for me either though, just said to sit tight and I'm in the same boat as 250,000 other people. So overall, I have provided and been provided no information except the TPW is potentially in Janurary now, not 2 weeks from now.

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
My order for a Denali Ultimate with gas engine moved to 3000 today.

Reactions: Amskretta

·
Registered
11 Posts
Morning everyone. Just finished my weekly check in with GM chat. Had a fairly consistent TPW of 10/4 so far. I've seen a couple other guys here state they had the same date. Today chat told me my TPW is 1/24/2022 so heads up to anyone else looking at the 10/4 date. Might want to check in again, looks like we've been pushed out. I'm going to touch base with the dealer today too, been a while since I spoke with him. If he has different information I'll pass it along.

Just got off with the dealer. He basically told me not to bother with chat because they have no idea which isn't really news I think we all knew chat updates have very limited real info behind them. And he also said he didn't foresee it being pushed back that far. He really didn't have much info for me either though, just said to sit tight and I'm in the same boat as 250,000 other people. So overall, I have provided and been provided no information except the TPW is potentially in Janurary now, not 2 weeks from now.
Curious what trim level, engine and options?

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon 2.8 mini-Max
51 Posts

My TPW date per the chat has not changed. But as you mentioned, doesn't mean much. Good luck with your new dates.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cant read the article without subscription.
FLINT, MI -- The same semiconductor shortage that’s shut down some General Motors assembly plants is causing a logjam of Flint-built trucks in a vacant field off Interstate 75.

Hundreds of Chevrolet Silverados and GMC Sierra pickups built at Flint Assembly are waiting for semiconductors and the company said the vehicles have been parked on the property east of I-75 and north of Mt. Morris Road in what looks like a sprawling, unfinished dealer lot.
A GM spokesman declined to say how many vehicles are in the parts waiting line here or elsewhere in an email to MLive-The Flint Journal on Tuesday, Sept. 21.

“As we’ve said many times previously, we’re basically doing what we said we’d do to help keep production going of our high-demand and capacity-constrained products like the pickup trucks built at Flint Assembly,” GM spokesman David Barnas said.

“When there is a shortage of semiconductors that impacts production, in some cases we will build vehicles without certain modules and complete them as soon as possible,” Barnas’ statement says. “This is much better for our customers, dealers, and employees at the plant as opposed to not building them at all.”

Just last month, GM shut down production at Flint Assembly for a week despite high demand for the trucks built there and it idled production at its Lansing Delta Township Assembly plant for four straight weeks because of the semiconductor shortage.

Earlier this year, Flint Engine Operations laid off 160 employees because a GM assembly plant in Ontario, Canada, which uses Flint-built engines, was also idled because of semiconductor shortages.

The company told shareholders in August that it was “creatively managing the complex and fluid global semiconductor shortage while prioritizing our highest-demand, capacity-constrained products, and developing sustainable, long-term supply chain solutions.”
Barnas said Tuesday that by putting nearly completed trucks on standby, GM will be in a better position to “quickly meet the strong customer demand for our products, such as the Chevrolet and GMC pickups assembled at Flint, as more semiconductors become available and we are able to complete the vehicles at the assembly plants and ship to dealers.”

Flint Assembly, which has more than 5,600 hourly and salaried employees, was built in 1947 on 159 acres off Van Slyke Road. It is located adjacent to Flint Engine Operations and less than two miles from the Flint Metal Center, the last cluster of auto plants in the city.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Curious what trim level, engine and options?
It's a black diamond duramax, I think that is only available in duramax but it's got everything except snow prep and illumination pack.
The dealer is also the self proclaimed "largest sierra volume dealer in the states" so allocation shouldn't be an issue. It's at 3000 according to the sales manager last week when it still had the 10/4 date. Maybe i just got bad info from chat. Maybe it's legit. I know supply chains are all a mess right now.
I'll probably dm usmarine the first week in oct to try to get some legit info. Been trying not to bother him with it until it's due date came closer.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's a black diamond duramax, I think that is only available in duramax but it's got everything except snow prep and illumination pack.
The dealer is also the self proclaimed "largest sierra volume dealer in the states" so allocation shouldn't be an issue. It's at 3000 according to the sales manager last week when it still had the 10/4 date. Maybe i just got bad info from chat. Maybe it's legit. I know supply chains are all a mess right now.
I'll probably dm usmarine the first week in oct to try to get some legit info. Been trying not to bother him with it until it's due date came closer.
Curious to see how many black diamond edition wheels will be on the market soon once all the BD Edition trucks are finally delivered :)

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #816 ·

I THINK ON PAGE 3 5 8 AND 9 I said chat was unstable....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quick question while we wait…does anyone know if getting the sunroof reduces headroom? Or is it the same regardless if one has sunroof or not?

Google has not yielded an answer to that question, but it has told me there is a little more headroom in 2020+ than period gen!
Yes you do, but it’s not as noticeable on a truck I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes it is. One time I tried chat (with an agent both times) and one week I was at 1100 and the next week my truck was in transit on a railcar. Tried checking chat (with a different agent) again later the same day I got the railcar status and it was back at 1100. Might try chat again; you might get a different answer. Got me wondering about my Oct TPW, so I checked with an agent today. My TPW has been at 10/11 for a few weeks and had not changed as of today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You have. I apologize for the redundancy, I appreciate all the info you give us and in no way meant to disagree, contradict, do anything negative with anything you've told us, or clog up the thread with fake news, just passing along what I was told.

·
Registered
70 Posts
801 - 820 of 1435 Posts