Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
821 - 840 of 1435 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's a black diamond duramax, I think that is only available in duramax but it's got everything except snow prep and illumination pack.
The dealer is also the self proclaimed "largest sierra volume dealer in the states" so allocation shouldn't be an issue. It's at 3000 according to the sales manager last week when it still had the 10/4 date. Maybe i just got bad info from chat. Maybe it's legit. I know supply chains are all a mess right now.
I'll probably dm usmarine the first week in oct to try to get some legit info. Been trying not to bother him with it until it's due date came closer.
I was at my dealer last weekend and my Black Diamond Edition was at 3300 with TPW of 9/27. I believe a few others with the same trim/package have the same TPW. My experience with chat has matched what the dealer is telling me so far. I'll check chat again in the morning to see what they say.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Morning everyone. Just finished my weekly check in with GM chat. Had a fairly consistent TPW of 10/4 so far. I've seen a couple other guys here state they had the same date. Today chat told me my TPW is 1/24/2022 so heads up to anyone else looking at the 10/4 date. Might want to check in again, looks like we've been pushed out. I'm going to touch base with the dealer today too, been a while since I spoke with him. If he has different information I'll pass it along.

Just got off with the dealer. He basically told me not to bother with chat because they have no idea which isn't really news I think we all knew chat updates have very limited real info behind them. And he also said he didn't foresee it being pushed back that far. He really didn't have much info for me either though, just said to sit tight and I'm in the same boat as 250,000 other people. So overall, I have provided and been provided no information except the TPW is potentially in Janurary now, not 2 weeks from now.
My original TPW was 9/13 and it got changed to 10/4 also... Just got done talking to my dealership and also checked the GM chat my TPW is still 10/4, I will find out next week if it changes again 🤞

7/23 Ordered (2022 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC Duramax Z71 Sport Edition White)
7/23 1100 Preliminary Ordered Accepted
7/27 2000 Order Accepted By GM
7/28 3000 Accepted By Production Control
7/30 Target Production Week 9/13
9/10 Target Production Week changed 10/4

·
Registered
2022 Silverado CCSB LT North Sky Blue Dmax
47 Posts
Picked up mine today! Feeling pretty lucky. Truck is 2500, CCSB, LT, bed camera, All Star package, buckets, and in North Sky Blue. Ordered placed on 7/14 final TPW was 8/31 (moved back 2 weeks) and delivery was today 9/23. My local dealer was really good to work with and I guess had the proper allocation for the vehicle. All I can say is hang in there, USMarine2001 and crew do roll them out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Love the info on this thread and props to usmarine for the "inside baseball" info. I'm going to place the following order tomorow at my local chevy dealership on GM employee pricing. I'll keep all posted.

Yelp, scrap that idea. Went to order the truck and asked if i would be able to back out of deal with my 1k deposit returned if GM discontinued GM employee pricing. He said he wouldn't be able to do that. I'm not gambling a 6k cost increase or lose my 1k if i back out. Soooo...good luck boys. I'll be lurking and hoping you all get your new rides.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yelp, scrap that idea. Went to order the truck and asked if i would be able to back out of deal with my 1k deposit returned if GM discontinued GM employee pricing. He said he wouldn't be able to do that. I'm not gambling a 6k cost increase or lose my 1k if i back out. Soooo...good luck boys. I'll be lurking and hoping you all get your new rides.
I was locked in on my employee pricing after I walked out of the dealer. No changes other than the current rebates being offered. Find a new dealer that will work with you a little better than that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Picked up mine today! Feeling pretty lucky. Truck is 2500, CCSB, LT, bed camera, All Star package, buckets, and in North Sky Blue. Ordered placed on 7/14 final TPW was 8/31 (moved back 2 weeks) and delivery was today 9/23. My local dealer was really good to work with and I guess had the proper allocation for the vehicle. All I can say is hang in there, USMarine2001 and crew do roll them out.
That's awesome!

Did you receive any indication when yours shipped? Event codes jump around between the 4300 and 4200? I'm cerious what that process looked like from the dealer or gm chat standpoint.

I feel the status updates from the dealer and chat were spot on through the TPW, however after the build, the status becomes a big unknown. The first of the 2022 2500's for my area are in transit, unfortunately mine didn't make the shipment, although I do think it may be at the railyard from what little info I can scrape up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's awesome!

Did you receive any indication when yours shipped? Event codes jump around between the 4300 and 4200? I'm cerious what that process looked like from the dealer or gm chat standpoint.

I feel the status updates from the dealer and chat were spot on through the TPW, however after the build, the status becomes a big unknown. The first of the 2022 2500's for my area are in transit, unfortunately mine didn't make the shipment, although I do think it may be at the railyard from what little info I can scrape up.
Do you have a delivery date from your dealer? Mine was for today so truck showed a couple days early to allow dealer prep. Mine bounced around a bit, I think it was due to shipping to the company that does the bed liner. I have no idea when it shipped but I think it was when a delivery date was given by dealer. Also mine showed up as "in transit" on dealers inventory last week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No delivery date from the dealer yet. The only clues I have is the event codes jumping around between 4300 and 4200, and being statused as in transit for the last 7 days. Just trying to compare what I'm seeing to those that received their vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was locked in on my employee pricing after I walked out of the dealer. No changes other than the current rebates being offered. Find a new dealer that will work with you a little better than that.
The GM employee pricing program isn't controled by the dealer. Its controled by GM. Now that doesn't mean that a dealer can't sell you a car priced as if you were going through the GM employee pricing. I was doing the former as I'm eligible to take advantage of the program due to dad working for GM. Its hard to believe a dealer would do the later in this environment unless its making up the money by low balling a trade and some other money making scheme. The GM employee program can be cancelled at anytime and will only be taken advantage when you take delivery. (note, apparently one can take "delivery" when there is a VIN).

So, Im curious, are you buying this as a GM eligible employee or a person where the dealership is telling you he is selling you the truck at "GM employee pricing".

·
Registered
47 Posts
The GM employee pricing program isn't controled by the dealer. Its controled by GM. Now that doesn't mean that a dealer can't sell you a car priced as if you were going through the GM employee pricing. I was doing the former as I'm eligible to take advantage of the program due to dad working for GM. Its hard to believe a dealer would do the later in this environment unless its making up the money by low balling a trade and some other money making scheme. The GM employee program can be cancelled at anytime and will only be taken advantage when you take delivery. (note, apparently one can take "delivery" when there is a VIN).

So, Im curious, are you buying this as a GM eligible employee or a person where the dealership is telling you he is selling you the truck at "GM employee pricing".
My dad retired from GM.

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon 2.8 mini-Max
51 Posts
so you know that the GM employer pricing can be cancelled at anytime. in fact, i've already seen some being done that now. see link as an example.

Makes sense that GM controls the discount pricing. But it was my understanding that the dealer can choose to accept the discount or not, their call. I would also think that the dealer could (albeit unlikely) discount past this price if they so choose. Good luck shopping, hope my dealer doesn't try to back out once my truck gets built and delivered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Makes sense that GM controls the discount pricing. But it was my understanding that the dealer can choose to accept the discount or not, their call. I would also think that the dealer could (albeit unlikely) discount past this price if they so choose. Good luck shopping, hope my dealer doesn't try to back out once my truck gets built and delivered.
You are correct, the dealer can choose to accept that discount or not, its their call. My dealer was ok giving me the discount, as long as the program from GM was avialable. If GM pulls the program on my truck, like they did with the one in the link, the dealer is under no obligation to honor the price that I was going to recieve when the program was available.

It was not my intention to make people more anxious about thier orders. However, it might be a good to think about for those of us that were ordering under GM employee pricing.

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
96 Posts
I thought all the HD's are made in Flint. The Fort Wayne plant makes 1500's but I may be wrong.
Some 1500’s are built in Mexico as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Silverado 2500HD CC Z71 Sport
83 Posts
Took delivery yesterday. No one is quite sure how it moved along so fast, but I'm feeling pretty lucky that it did!

1100 7/15
2000 7/20
3000 8/4
3300 8/19
3400 8/31
3800 9/8
4300 9/9
5000 9/17
6000 9/23

View attachment 1092454
Awesome! Congrats!

Reactions: alexort11