Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1181 - 1200 of 1498 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,392 Posts
I edited the first post of this thread with the rules of engagement. If I make any updates after @usmarine2001 checks it out, I'll let you know.
The safety on the ban hammer is off for this thread, you've been warned. I'm sorry it had to come to this, but it's pretty clear people can't read.

·
Super Moderator
1,392 Posts
@dkd , thanks for the vote of confidence and well said. He gets nothing, other than some satisfaction of helping people in these crazy times. He is very passionate about his work as well. So don't come on this thread for a complaint session either...
I've made the rest of the staff aware, we'll be keeping an eye here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought a new boat in August, already making the payments, and it won't be complete until January. And, I'm a lucky one, at least my boat has engines. Some people won't have motors for over a year.
Now we are talking...What kind of boat? The boating world has been just about as nutty as the vehicle world for sure.

Waiting for my truck to pull my 2019 Malibu 23 LSV Wakesetter

·
Super Moderator
1,392 Posts
@mofaster , Don't want to derail too much, but a 2020 NorthCoast 255HT, twin Yamaha 250s. 60 MPH top speed, cruises at 30 getting 2 MPG, 300 mile range. Waiting for electronics (big surprise) and a trailer. I was told December, we'll see. Waiting "patiently" just like you guys. 🤪
These are certainly unprecedented times with the supply chain problems. Very weird seeing dealerships so empty. Heck, it was even tough to get a new stove last year when our old one broke.
Keep the faith guys, you'll get you're trucks eventually. I am seeing more and more it seems of the 2020+ on the road in my area. Seems to be mostly GMCs for what it's worth.

·
Registered
76 Posts
@mofaster , Don't want to derail too much, but a 2020 NorthCoast 255HT, twin Yamaha 250s. 60 MPH top speed, cruises at 30 getting 2 MPG, 300 mile range. Waiting for electronics (big surprise) and a trailer. I was told December, we'll see. Waiting "patiently" just like you guys. 🤪
These are certainly unprecedented times with the supply chain problems. Very weird seeing dealerships so empty. Heck, it was even tough to get a new stove last year when our old one broke.
Keep the faith guys, you'll get you're trucks eventually. I am seeing more and more it seems of the 2020+ on the road in my area. Seems to be mostly GMCs for what it's worth.
While we're derailed...

So the boat buyers are in the same boat as us truck buyers:
Face Gesture Headgear Hat Font

Hope a little humor helps with the frustration we're all feeling. Back to topic...

·
Super Moderator
1,392 Posts
Lol, well said. Agreed, a little humor goes a long way.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,189 ·
On the 21's ..... build shy trucks...not 22's ....per a thread you started before... its not like gm wanted to sell trucks anyways

·
Registered
310 Posts
My Denali and my brothers Denali were both built yesterday……within 2 hours of each other. Thank you usmarine for that information!

·
Registered
2022 Silverado 2500HD CC Z71 Sport
86 Posts
My Denali and my brothers Denali were both built yesterday……within 2 hours of each other. Thank you usmarine for that information!
Congrats!

·
Registered
6 Posts
According to the dealer my LTZ is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. My 5 plus month journey is coming to an end. One thing for you all to note, if your a Costco member there's a 1000 special rebate for deliveries Oct 1 to Jan 3 (you don't need to buy through their dealer network, works at any dealer). Go to Costco web site and register to get id number.

·
Registered
310 Posts
According to the dealer my LTZ is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. My 5 plus month journey is coming to an end. One thing for you all to note, if your a Costco member there's a 1000 special rebate for deliveries Oct 1 to Jan 3 (you don't need to buy through their dealer network, works at any dealer). Go to Costco web site and register to get id number.
Only on Chevrolets, not GMCs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is too funny. My brother and I also ordered the same Denali on the same day. Me in AZ and him in GA. Congrats to you both on being on the 20 yard line.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got an email from my dealer TPW is 11/8/21. Looks like GM is producing trucks at a pretty dang good pace now.

Update on my order
22' CCLB z71 sport edition white
8/21 order placed with GM 1100
10/7 order accepted 2000
10/14 TPW set for 11/8

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,198 ·
Got an email from my dealer TPW is 11/8/21. Looks like GM is producing trucks at a pretty dang good pace now.

Update on my order
22' CCLB z71 sport edition white
8/21 order placed with GM 1100
10/7 order accepted 2000
10/14 TPW set for 11/8
I didnt know we really slowed down.....

24 hrs in a day ÷3 shifts = 8 hrs

8 hrs a shift = 350 trucks

350 trucks per 8 hrs...x 3. = 1050 per 24 hrs

5 days a week at 1050

1050 x 5= 5250....per week.... and it is not enough

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,199 ·
Hell for all i care we could run our standard 6 days... and add every sunday... still not enough... so they added a second plant in Canada to help...... wont be enough..

·
Registered
2022 GMC 2500HD DURAMAX Denali Black Diamond Edition
31 Posts
Mine showed up on GM website today! In Transit. Still looking for an ETA from my dealer, but looks like good progress!

1181 - 1200 of 1498 Posts