Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi there. I’m brand new to the forum. I just ordered (7/6/21) a fully loaded ‘21 1500 Duramax AT4. I’ve been following this thread and reached out to my dealer about switching my order to 2022 and they said GM are still working on 21 and not to worry.

It will be 2 weeks on Tuesday and I still don’t have an order number. Is that normal?
You may have seen that the 2021, 1500’s will be built into September and the early 2022’s will be identical to the 2021’s. The 2022’s will start in later September and be built until the updated 2022 is ready…..sometime later in the model year. Check out gmauthority.com as they have posted lots of detail on the 1500’s. Good luck with your order.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT-4 Carbon Pro
77 Posts
Not sure if your location. But I went through Robideaux Motors in Coer D’ Alene, Idaho. Offered me supplier pricing up front
I purchased my truck there as well. Good pricing and no BS. Drove from Montana to pick it up.

Would do it again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I checked with GM chat this morning and my order is back at 1100 from 2000. Chat says it's because of dealer allocation. Dealer says they have allocation and no explanation why it was moved back. Anyone ever heard of this?
Went back to dealer yesterday to make sure that new Multi-Flex tailgate was added to my order. Dealer said they didn't have allocation and I was misinformed by chat about the 2000 status. He did say that he expected allocation soon and I was first HD order in line with no current constraints. So, it's just hurry up and wait now.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
They should be mixed in... there is nothing that stands out on them that would cause me to notice them

·
Registered
673 Posts
Welcome to Duramax. Either thread (21 or 22) are not HD only, but with that said most members here are waiting on HDs. Our "inside" guy also works in Flint, the HD factory, so you will not get any inside info here on your 1/2 ton. What I can tell you without question is when you make an order you get a "order number". This is on your build sheet as well, which you should have been given also. The only thing being built for HDs are 22s. Cant confirm this for 1/2 tons, but pretty sure its the same. You need to have an heart to heart with your dealer about order numbers.

You say the threads are not HD only and then say the inside guy, USMarine2001, works at the HD plant so no inside info for the 1500s. Kind of contradicting yourself lol. My point was just that, the inside information was not applicable to the 1500. The HDs and nonHDs are built at separate plants and even some 1500s built in Mexico so the same issues may not affect both lines…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
You may have seen that the 2021, 1500’s will be built into September and the early 2022’s will be identical to the 2021’s. The 2022’s will start in later September and be built until the updated 2022 is ready…..sometime later in the model year. Check out gmauthority.com as they have posted lots of detail on the 1500’s. Good luck with your order.
The 'early' '22 1500's will be known as '1500 Limited'

The order guide info for them is available now.

Some changes have been made.

GMC Sierra /Denali 1500 Limited

Deletions

(C67) Air conditioning, single zone
(LV3) 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine
(L82) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine
(MYC) 6-speed automatic transmission
(FHS) E85 FlexFuel capable
(U2L) HD Radio
(N06) Steering column, lock control, electrical

Changes

Renamed 1SA trim to Pro
(R3O) LT275/65R18C MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires are standard on AT4
(L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine is now standard on 1SA
(L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine is available on 1SA
(L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine is not available on AT4
(LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine is standard on AT4
Battery, heavy-duty 730 cold-cranking amps/80 Amp-hr is now standard on 1SA
(C4P) Air conditioning, Semi-Automatic standard on 1SA
Changed (PEC) Denali Ultimate Package name to Denali Reserve Package
(KA6) rear heated seats have moved to an available option on SLT, AT4 and Denali

Similar for Chev

Chevrolet Truck Silverado 1500 LTD

Deletions

(LV3) 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine
(L82) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine
(FHS) E85 FlexFuel
(MYC) 6-speed automatic transmission
(BD1) Custom Max Trailering Package
CK18753 Double Cab model on Custom Trail Boss (2CX)
(C67) Air conditioning
(5VI) LPO, Cargo tie-down rings
(VBR) LPO, Rubber bed mat
(SIE) LPO, Tiered storage
(N06) Steering column lock
(U2L) HD Radio

Changes

(L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine is now standard on Work Truck (1WT), Custom (1CX) and Custom Trail Boss (2CX)
(L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine is now standard on RST Crew Cab (1SP)
(L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine is now available on Work Truck (1WT)
(LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine is now available on LT Trail Boss (2LT)

Reactions: SouthCo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ugh, chat and dealer are contradicting each other. Chat says GMC has not officially accepted and dealer says GMC has accepted. I'll just be happy if I can get what I ordered sometime in 2021, that to me would be awesome work by the factory!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ugh, chat and dealer are contradicting each other. Chat says GMC has not officially accepted and dealer says GMC has accepted. I'll just be happy if I can get what I ordered sometime in 2021, that to me would be awesome work by the factory!!
The dealer can refresh your order and their program shows them the current event code. Have them send you a screenshot of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally I have found a good Fourm to talk about these trucks!!!

So I went to place an order for a 2022 2500HD LT Midnight Edition on June 25th my order was placed then seen it was for a 2021 so they cxl my order and went to put it in for a 2022 Model as I had requested. Still today they are not even able to place my order in the system due to Convenience Package 2 not being available is what they are telling me. Anyone else hearing this same issue? So I told them on Friday I wanted to see if I could order an LTZ model loaded Midnight Edition and was told he is going to try and place the order tomorrow and see what it says. I am sure I will get the same response but is anyone else having trouble with the dealers even placing your order? I have already given them a down payment and I don’t even have an order sheet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dealer just submitted my order today. 2022 SRW Denali black diamond edition. Has all of the tech and gizmos I wanted other than the 5th wheel prep package. They told me that would delay things.

They sent me the paper work from GM order workbench and under event description it says, “2000 - Accepted by GM”. Is it normal for it to go that quick? The GM seemed to know what was available and what was holding things up, but I’m wondering if maybe I’m reading things wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New Here
I know this is supposed to be mostly Diesel chat, but this has been the most informed forum I have found on this mess of ordering a new truck.

21 Silverado 2500HD LTZ premium 6.6 gas 4wd Crew short bed Summit White / Jet Black Int.
Jan 12-Ordered with Dealer
Jan 26- order placed w Chevy (w order #)
GM chat has been telling me-
"Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time"- ever since Jan
July 1st I talked with dealer and he told me my order would most likely be rolling over to a 22 and spot in line would not change.
The cost would go up about $300 was the only change he saw other than a new color greenstone available and flex tailgate
This week we spoke and he tells me the other salesmen missed the reorder and he ended up getting mine in ahead of them and mine is now #1
Reading the forum and seeing some talk about new order numbers, I reached out this morning and asked if I had a new order number when we changed to a 22. He tells me yes and he is still waiting for the new order number.
That sounds very fishy to me.
I log into chat using original order number and still says "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time"

So I am 25 weeks into this and still don't know any more now than I did when I ordered it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
New Here
I know this is supposed to be mostly Diesel chat, but this has been the most informed forum I have found on this mess of ordering a new truck.

21 Silverado 2500HD LTZ premium 6.6 gas 4wd Crew short bed Summit White / Jet Black Int.
Jan 12-Ordered with Dealer
Jan 26- order placed w Chevy (w order #)
GM chat has been telling me-
"Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time"- ever since Jan
July 1st I talked with dealer and he told me my order would most likely be rolling over to a 22 and spot in line would not change.
The cost would go up about $300 was the only change he saw other than a new color greenstone available and flex tailgate
This week we spoke and he tells me the other salesmen missed the reorder and he ended up getting mine in ahead of them and mine is now #1
Reading the forum and seeing some talk about new order numbers, I reached out this morning and asked if I had a new order number when we changed to a 22. He tells me yes and he is still waiting for the new order number.
That sounds very fishy to me.
I log into chat using original order number and still says "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time"

So I am 25 weeks into this and still don't know any more now than I did when I ordered it.
Might be time for a new dealer. Did you put any money down?

·
Registered
122 Posts
$500- Hate to start all over
From what it sounds like though you haven’t started yet. It might be worth calling a dealer recommended by those on the forum to talk with someone and get their thoughts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what it sounds like though you haven’t started yet. It might be worth calling a dealer recommended by those on the forum to talk with someone and get their thoughts.
Guess I thought when you have an order number you are past the dealership portion. I was of the understanding that when the dealer submitted the order you get the order number and then it is on GM at that point?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update.

Today I was told my order could not be placed because of the bucket seats....

So I upgraded my truck to the LTZ model but was told I could not do wireless charging or the digital dash as those would not be available for some time so that took out the LTZ convenience package 2 and Technology package. This dealer ship sells more chevys than any other dealership in a 200 mile radius and is the number 1 corvette dealership in the country so I don’t think it has to do with Allocation.

61 - 80 of 208 Posts