Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer just submitted my order today. 2022 SRW Denali black diamond edition. Has all of the tech and gizmos I wanted other than the 5th wheel prep package. They told me that would delay things.

They sent me the paper work from GM order workbench and under event description it says, “2000 - Accepted by GM”. Is it normal for it to go that quick? The GM seemed to know what was available and what was holding things up, but I’m wondering if maybe I’m reading things wrong.
I actually ordered the same as you with the 5th wheel/gooseneck prep last Tuesday the 13th. Yesterday, it said it was submitted but not accepted by GM, and today just switched to "accepted by GM and moving toward the production process". My dealer told me yesterday that would likely happen this week. Maybe Tuesdays are a thing for the acceptance process. Very happy since I sold my 2019 Denali about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I actually ordered the same as you with the 5th wheel/gooseneck prep last Tuesday the 13th. Yesterday, it said it was submitted but not accepted by GM, and today just switched to "accepted by GM and moving toward the production process". My dealer told me yesterday that would likely happen this week. Maybe Tuesdays are a thing for the acceptance process. Very happy since I sold my 2019 Denali about 2 weeks ago.
Yeah, I’m bafled as to why that would be on constraint. The manager is the regional rep/manager as well. So I know he is in the loop on things, but still scratching my head.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I honestly don’t know if dealers know a damn thing after the order is submitted. There are so many bullshit things floating around, apparently they aren’t even building anything. Yet, they are pumping them out like crazy still. Dealers suck! Hard to trust anything you hear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can show my last week hours paystub. 58 hrs
Would you by chance know why the dealership is telling me that bucket seats are unorderable but yet when I contact Chevrolet they do not see any constraints?

Also any idea on the constraints of LTZ Convenice package 2 and the technology package? I am ordering a 22 2500 LTZ and my dealer is telling me they cannot order either of those packages as well.

Thank you for any insight!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I always viewed the LTZ somewhat like the SLT. Crazy to think a LTZ would come without buckets.

On that note, when a dealer places an order and they say certain things are on constraint, where do they get their information? Is it a notice from the factory, corporate, or insider knowledge via their own networks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Correct LTZ comes with the buckets bench seat not an option I don’t think..

Do you see the technology packages going in the trucks on the line? I am wondering if they are only building trucks with out all the fun technology upgrades?

Thanks so much for all of your all’s help!

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Correct LTZ comes with the buckets bench seat not an option I don’t think..

Do you see the technology packages going in the trucks on the line? I am wondering if they are only building trucks with out all the fun technology upgrades?

Thanks so much for all of your all’s help!
Order guide shows the the 40/20/40 is standard on LTZ, with console/buckets available..

This is the listing for 2500 seats:

AE7 Seats, front 40/20/40 split-bench with upper covered armrest storage with fixed lumbar
Standard on WT and Custom
On LT its std, but - Not available with (PCL) Convenience Package.

AZ3 Seats, front 40/20/40 split-bench with covered armrest storage and under-seat storage (lockable)
LT - On Crew Cab and Double Cab models, included and only available with (PCL) Convenience Package. Standard on Regular Cab models.
LTZ - Not available with (PCZ) LTZ Convenience Package, (PDF) LTZ Plus Package, (PDK) LTZ Premium Package or (PDL) LTZ Texas Edition. -- -- A1 2 --

A50 Seats, front bucket with center console, for Crew Cab and Double Cab models
On LT - Requires (PCL) Convenience Package. Cloth bucket seats ordered with (PCM) Convenience II include additional (MCR) USB ports with auxiliary jack. Leather seats require (PCM) Convenience Package II and (CXH) Leather Package, and include (MCR) USB ports with auxiliary jack.
On LTZ - Included and only available with (PCZ) LTZ Convenience Package, (PDF) LTZ Plus Package, (PDK) LTZ Premium Package, (PDL) LTZ Texas Edition or (PDY) LTZ Premium Texas Edition.
On HC - standard

·
Registered
9 Posts
Brand new member, just order (7/14) new truck. I have learned a lot about the ordering process on here so I thought I would join. New truck is currently at 2000 status.
I had no idea the ordering process was this complex, I was fortunate my dealer had an allocation due the next day. Truck is North SkyBlue 2500 HD CCSB.
Traded a 16' 6.0 gasser, can't wait to see the difference towing fifth wheel or my boat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Brand new member, just order (7/14) new truck. I have learned a lot about the ordering process on here so I thought I would join. New truck is currently at 2000 status.
I had no idea the ordering process was this complex, I was fortunate my dealer had an allocation due the next day. Truck is North SkyBlue 2500 HD CCSB.
Traded a 16' 6.0 gasser, can't wait to see the difference towing fifth wheel or my boat.
What trim did you get?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ordered 2021 Silverado 2500HD CCSB Duramax Z71 Sport Edition LT White Cloth Bucket Seats Cab Marker Lights, Convenience 1 and 2 Package Upfitter Switches Power Up and Down Tailgate Gooseneck/ Fifth Wheel on 3/23
Target Production Week 5/3
Order Delayed 5/4
Ordered Canceled 5/30
Ordered 2022 same options on 6/3
Hopefully tomorrow i will get my TPW and gm starts releasing special editions allocations again... i have been waiting 20 weeks so far...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just curious as I am looking to order the Midnight Edition but I am getting the LTZ if there has been a hold on allocations for the special editions?

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Duramax Long box Onyx Black
8 Posts
Just saw this story on GM slowing down production on HD’s and other lines on Twitter.

July 21, 202112:24 PM PDTLast Updated 7 hours ago
Autos & Transportation
GM will cut truck production amid semiconductor shortage
Reuters

WASHINGTON, July 21 (Reuters) - General Motors Co (GM.N) said Wednesday it will cut some truck production in North America because of the ongoing global semiconductor shortage.

The largest U.S. automaker said its Flint Assembly plant that builds the Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD trucks will operate on one production shift the week of July 26.

GM said its Ft. Wayne Assembly plant in Indiana that builds the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 model trucks will be idled next week. GM's Silao Assembly plant in Mexico that also builds the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cheyenne and GMC Sierra 1500 will also suspend production next week. All three plants are expected to resume regular production the week of Aug.2

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 208 Posts