Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just saw this story on GM slowing down production on HD’s and other lines on Twitter.

July 21, 202112:24 PM PDTLast Updated 7 hours ago
Autos & Transportation
GM will cut truck production amid semiconductor shortage
Reuters

WASHINGTON, July 21 (Reuters) - General Motors Co (GM.N) said Wednesday it will cut some truck production in North America because of the ongoing global semiconductor shortage.

The largest U.S. automaker said its Flint Assembly plant that builds the Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD trucks will operate on one production shift the week of July 26.

GM said its Ft. Wayne Assembly plant in Indiana that builds the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 model trucks will be idled next week. GM's Silao Assembly plant in Mexico that also builds the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cheyenne and GMC Sierra 1500 will also suspend production next week. All three plants are expected to resume regular production the week of Aug.2

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chips probably arent the issue, gm cant find temporary workers that can work any day of the week and weekends and pass a drug test 😆 lol

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Its not that we cannot run without temps... the temps are brought in to give senority workers a saturday off

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered my 2022 2500HD 6/10 and dealer said it would go in following week. Then was told it would go in 7/1. Email today says since I ordered AT4 that it is still not in, but is first in line at this dealership. Per the Chevrolet.com chat, it is still submitted 100 status, but just not accepted by GM, but I'm not losing faith, I know the factory is working hard and parts availability is not their problem. Hope to see that status change in the next few weeks just the same.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The list is growing of things that are being removed from 2022 models.
  • HD Radio
  • Electronic Steering Column lock
  • Heated rear seats

·
Registered
952 Posts
The list is growing of things that are being removed from 2022 models.
  • HD Radio
  • Electronic Steering Column lock
  • Heated rear seats
Does this affect new orders or all orders? My order is accepted already. Just curious. Also, do you have a source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
This is what was posted on the gm-trucks.com forum.

Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra

July 22, 2021

Chevrolet and GMC Dealers:

As promised, we want to continue to keep you in the loop regarding the global, industry-wide shortage of semiconductors. Due to these shortages, we are announcing the following change to certain light- and heavy-duty full-size pickup trucks:

Heated Second Row Seats:
The Heated Second Row Seats feature will no longer be available on certain 2021 model year:
  • Chevrolet Silverado 1500
  • GMC Sierra 1500

And certain 2022 model year:
  • Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTD
  • Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 HD
  • GMC Sierra 1500 Limited
  • GMC Sierra 2500/3500 HD

This takes effect starting with vehicles produced on or after July 26, 2021. By taking this measure, it will enable continued production and delivery of inventory to help respond to the strong customer and dealer demand for our light and heavy-duty pickups as the industry continues to rebound and strengthen.

For orders with a scheduled production date on or after July 26, 2021, GM will build certain light and heavy-duty pickups without the RPO code KA6 – Heated Second Row Outboard Seats and replace with RPO code RFU (for certain 2021 model year Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500) and RGJ (for certain 2022 model year Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 HD and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 HD) – Not Equipped with Heated Second Row Outboard Seats (refer to the table below for trim details and check updated Order Guides, which will go live July 23, 2021). These RPO codes will be reflected on the Dealer Invoice along with an associated $200 MSRP credit, except for certain 2022 model year Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTD and GMC Sierra 1500 Limited. The Monroney label will include this credit and indicate that the vehicle was built without the Heated Second Row Seat feature. Chevrolet and GMC are updating all consumer and dealer facing materials as appropriate.

The dealer has the responsibility to and must advise affected sold order customers immediately. In addition, dealers are strongly urged to counsel directly with all customers who purchase affected vehicles to ensure each customer understands its vehicle content. This change to the availability of Heated Second Row Seats is currently expected to remain in place for the remainder of the 2021 model year for light-duty pickups and a significant portion of the 2022 model year light- and heavy-duty pickups. A listing of affected trims is listed below and is subject to change by General Motors:

2021 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500
LTZ, High Country
2021 GMC SIERRA 1500
SLT, AT4, Denali
2022 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 LTD
LTZ, High Country
2022 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500/3500 HD
LTZ, High Country
2022 GMC SIERRA 1500 Limited
SLT, AT4, Denali
2022 GMC SIERRA 2500/3500 HD
SLT, AT4, Denali

·
Registered
5 Posts
My order for a 2022 2500 HD High Country was accepted by GM 7/20.

KA6 is on the build sheet. I guess we’ll see what happens when it’s built. No word from the dealer yet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Who cares if the second row seats are heated? I don't
People that have to sit in the leather rear seats, when you live in North Dakota 🥶

·
Registered
122 Posts
My order for a 2022 2500 HD High Country was accepted by GM 7/20.

KA6 is on the build sheet. I guess we’ll see what happens when it’s built. No word from the dealer yet.
Same here. From what it reads we “should” be expecting a call from the dealer soon.

If they cut anything more it’s going to be hard to keep my order. Luckily for us the rear seat heaters won’t be needed for a while. I know I’m going to miss HD radio, but I’ll end up streaming music most of the time.
I thought it was bad enough my dealer told me the fifth wheel prep package would put me behind.

If they come out and say no multipro tailgate or something like that I imagine there will be a lot of unhappy GMC loyal buyers.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Not sure about the 5th wheel pkg that seems about as good as no splash guards...

The multi pro wont stop...

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Same here. From what it reads we “should” be expecting a call from the dealer soon.

If they cut anything more it’s going to be hard to keep my order. Luckily for us the rear seat heaters won’t be needed for a while. I know I’m going to miss HD radio, but I’ll end up streaming music most of the time.
I thought it was bad enough my dealer told me the fifth wheel prep package would put me behind.

If they come out and say no multipro tailgate or something like that I imagine there will be a lot of unhappy GMC loyal buyers.
I wonder if the stuff will be there but not active...

·
Registered
21 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali 6.6L Duramax CC SB "on order"
312 Posts
I've only used HD radio one time and that was on a long trip and I wanted something to break up the music and podcast so I went with some news.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Who cares if the second row seats are heated? I don't
We care. We snowboard throughout the Colorado winter, and typically it’s with friends and we carpool. The backseat passengers enjoy the seat heaters after being outside in the snow all day on the way home.

I've only used HD radio one time and that was on a long trip and I wanted something to break up the music and podcast so I went with some news.
I think you’re thinking of Sirius/XM, which when the free trial is over, we don’t renew.

HD radio is FM stations that are received over digital signal and the sound quality is a noticeable improvement over non-HD. I feel it’s also better than satellite as it’s probably less compression and less integrity-loss.

Then again, not all FM stations are sending an HD signal. And it’s more likely to be had near cities too.

·
Registered
21 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali 6.6L Duramax CC SB "on order"
312 Posts
We care. We snowboard throughout the Colorado winter, and typically it’s with friends and we carpool. The backseat passengers enjoy the seat heaters after being outside in the snow all day on the way home.

I think you’re thinking of Sirius/XM, which when the free trial is over, we don’t renew.

HD radio is FM stations that are received over digital signal and the sound quality is a noticeable improvement over non-HD. I feel it’s also better than satellite as it’s probably less compression and less integrity-loss.

Then again, not all FM stations are sending an HD signal. And it’s more likely to be had near cities too.
Ahh that makes sense. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had called on a truck in transit a few months ago that was sold. That dealer called me yesterday morning saying he had allocation. Canceled my current order and placed with new dealer. Automatically went to 2000 status. Hated to do that to the salesman but in today's world, have to get it when you can.
2022 2500 CC High Country Deluxe Package
w/ Tech, Saftey II, Z71, and floor liners.
Ordered 7/23/21 - 2000

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ordered 2021 Silverado 2500HD Sport Edition LT 3/23
Got a Target Production Week 5/3
Back to 1100 on 5/4
Order was canceled 5/30
Ordered 2022 same options 6/3
Canceled LT 7/22
Ordered LTZ 7/22 Silverado 2500HD CCSB Duramax, Sport Edition Z71, Summit White, Convenience Package 1 and 2, Saftey Package 1 and 2, Power Up and Down Tailgate, Gooseneck/5th Wheel Package, Trailering Package, Surround Vision Camera, Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors, Cab Marker Lights, Upfitter Switches, Technology Package, Power Sunroof...
After 20 weeks of waiting finally got allocation for a Sport Edition but had to be a LTZ
Order accepted by gm and at event code 2000 7/23

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried to order that same truck last week and GM would not accept orders with the LTZ plus or safety II package. It was orderable as a high country though. I wanted the sport edition, but the more I look at the HC grill, I think I like it better. Still comes with color match bumpers and the sort. I guess a week makes a difference.

101 - 120 of 208 Posts