Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Denali with the wireless charging pocket at the front of the console. My phone is a Samsung S22+.

When I put my phone in the charger, the charging indicator illuminates, but within the minute it goes out. Then back on. And back out. And this cycle continues. This is while sitting still or driving. Each time it cycles, my phone's screen comes on and the breaking of the charging pattern drains my phone's battery. I can lose 1% of charge in a 10 minute commute without using my phone.

I have tried the pocket with a Samsung S10+ as well and witnessed the same behavior. I have tried an iPhone 13 and it does not have the same behavior.

Is anyone experiencing this? Is this a bad charging pad? Is there a fix or workaround?

· Registered
2022 GMC 3500 CCLB SRW Denali
288 Posts
This happened with my iPhone 12 and it was because it wasn’t placed in the exact right spot, for me I had to make sure my iPhone was pushed to the right side of the tray to actually stay charging. With my iPhone 13 Pro Max I don’t have this problem. Try shifting it around slightly or even rotating it 180 on the pad.

· Registered
2022 Chevrolet 3500 High Country CC
1,424 Posts
My iPhone 13 with case rated for mag charging and my wife's Samsung 22 with otter box both charge flawless on the charging pocket and we just take turns dropping them in without issue. You may take your's out of the case and try it, the type of case will make a difference with these types of chargers.

I really dislike cords in my vehicles so I love this charger and wish my other two vehicles had one.

· Registered
2022 GMC 3500 CCLB SRW Denali
288 Posts
My iPhone 13 with case rated for mag charging and my wife's Samsung 22 with otter box both charge flawless on the charging pocket and we just take turns dropping them in without issue. You may take your's out of the case and try it, the type of case will make a difference with these types of chargers.

I really dislike cords in my vehicles so I love this charger and wish my other two vehicles had one.
I added the boost auto one into the arm rest so my wife can charge her phone at the same time too. I have a USB C cable as back up but I am with you I hate having cords all over the cab.

· Registered
638 Posts
same truck, same phone, except mine just turns the screen on and off indicating full charge, super annoying at night time. I havent noticed if it drains the battery when its doing that? Is your wireless charging ON and wireless power sharing OFF?

· Registered
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LBZ My Dads old truck WIP/getting stuff done mom ignored ~8 yrs
14 Posts
same truck, same phone, except mine just turns the screen on and off indicating full charge, super annoying at night time. I havent noticed if it drains the battery when its doing that? Is your wireless charging ON and wireless power sharing OFF?
This is what i was going to suggest to make sure wireless power sharing is off because it may be reading it as a device and trying to charge it.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I've tried with the case off and I have also even removed the rubber mat that is over the charger in the truck so there was nothing in between.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wireless charging is on as that is the only way I charge my phone at home or work. I checked the wireless power sharing and it is off. But that got me looking for some other power and charging options on the phone. I have turned off Fast Wireless Charging and Wifi Power Saving Mode. I'll post back whether they have any affect.

· Premium Member
2022 Silverado 2500HD CC Z71 Sport
732 Posts
S21 in Otter Box defender with no issues.

· Registered
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LBZ My Dads old truck WIP/getting stuff done mom ignored ~8 yrs
14 Posts
Glad you got it figured out and hopefully if someone has the same issue in the future they can find this with a quick search. However if someone asks in a thread in the future I will remember this because my stupid brain can't forget things which sounds awesome but it sucks vividly remembering any time somebody did ya dirty.

· Registered
638 Posts
Nice, that was a shot in the dark but im glad it worked for ya!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts