Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 1176 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Share your experience/timing about your delivery after production Rail delivery, truck delivery, waiting times, chat responses, etc. No need to bash GM, if you don’t like them, why are you on this site? Yes, it’s frustrating waiting for your new HD, but you will get it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’ll start. Fortunately, I am nearing the end……..I hope! My 2500 Denali, gas unit is sitting in New Richmond, WI, waiting for a truck to bring it the rest of the way. Chat says it does not have an estimated delivery date.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been built since 9/23 and "bayed awaiting shipment" since. After seeing VIN's a couple thousand after mine being delivered locally, I called the dealer yesterday to escalate the case. The GM rep informed them that it waiting on code CGN - Spray in Bedliner. Anyone else have this experience? I even received an email from GM on 10/11 that it was loaded on rail headed to New Richmond. I wonder if a quality issue was discovered?

Truck's been on locator site and dealer was invoiced since it's been built (9/23).

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon 2.8 mini-Max
71 Posts
@LeonardS thanks for starting this thread, we all saw how the other one ended up. I'm TPW of 10/25, hoping to have a build date of today or tomorrow. Once I have that, I can have some valuable input to this thread. Good luck all with deliveries, but I see some are having longer waits than others.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@LeonardS thanks for starting this thread, we all saw how the other one ended up. I'm TPW of 10/25, hoping to have a build date of today or tomorrow. Once I have that, I can have some valuable input to this thread. Good luck all with deliveries, but I see some are having longer waits than others.
Hopefully your truck is already built. Mine was built for a day before I found out about it.

Reactions: winterboy8

·
Registered
2022 Sierra 2500HD AT4
60 Posts
I've posted in the other thread that got shut down... but I'll start by sharing my experience here:

I signed a contract early September on an "In Transit" 2500 AT4 that my dealer had coming. Original delivery was September 9th. The first event code I received on September 22nd was 4150 (dealer invoiced).

It's been sitting in the EXCEL LOT/LAKE STATE RAILWAY since August 2nd according to palsapp.com with no delivery estimate available. Very frustrating!

·
Super Moderator
1,498 Posts
@LeonardS , ok here we go, did I get the title close? Need me to edit it some more?

Reactions: DuramaxDanZ71Sport

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My brothers HD was built the same day as mine, 55 units later than mine. They are identical, except I ordered color matched wheel trim and he ordered standard black. Mine shipped and his is stuck in Flint.

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
3,018 Posts
I've posted in the other thread that got shut down because the OP got his feelings hurt... but I'll start by sharing my experience here:
The OP didn't get his feelings hurt. He took a ton of sh*t just for being willing to use his insider knowledge to provide a FREE service to internet jerks who have no respect, and finally got sick of it.

So, be a little more considerate of what he was trying to do before you insult him.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now back to our regular scheduled programming……HD delivery.

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Super Moderator
1,498 Posts
Ok, I think it's back to normal.

@JimGz , thanks for editing your post.

Reactions: BoiseRob

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been built since 9/23 and "bayed awaiting shipment" since. After seeing VIN's a couple thousand after mine being delivered locally, I called the dealer yesterday to escalate the case. The GM rep informed them that it waiting on code CGN - Spray in Bedliner. Anyone else have this experience? I even received an email from GM on 10/11 that it was loaded on rail headed to New Richmond. I wonder if a quality issue was discovered?
If you find out what trucking company hauls out of New Richmond, let me know. I talked to Jack Cooper and it’s not them. I’m hoping to track it, but the Jack Cooper tracking can’t help us.

Reactions: nocturnalmotors

·
Registered
37 Posts
I guess I fall into the delivery window also. After being told by my dealer on 10/8 that my truck was built, it went into quality inspection for at least a couple of weeks, not a bad thing though. It has been invoiced to my dealer but for all I know, it remains in Flint awaiting who knows what. My VIN doesn't show up on palsapp nor the GMC website.

To curb my excitement a little, I saw a 2022 Sierra 3500HD AT4 sitting in dealer lot last night. There was no sold sign but I know from previous interactions with the dealer that they charge a $10k markup, also not displayed on the window sticker. Unfortunately, seeing a truck in the flesh made me even more excited for my 2500HD Denali BDE.

The wait continues...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Now back to our regular scheduled programming……HD delivery.
Yes @LeonardS, thanks for continuing our discussions. Again, I'm a week behind you and your brother on build dates, so we will see how we track.

I'm seeing a steady increase in the number of 2500s showing up on dealer websites. I know we are all in the same boat in the waiting game, but (really) good things come to those who wait...keep the faith!

Reactions: PkB2022

·
Registered
2022 GMC 2500HD DURAMAX Denali Black Diamond Edition
42 Posts
Thanks for starting this up again @LeonardS, that other thread always felt awkward and weird to me, I honestly didn't care for the mood.

TPW is next week 11/1, dealer called me today to say the rock guards or whatever they are called won't be on the truck at delivery, but could be added later. I didn't remember ordering them anyway, so it's whatever. Hopefully it gets built next week and we can see a truck around Thanksgiving. 🤞

·
Registered
160 Posts
My brothers HD was built the same day as mine, 55 units later than mine. They are identical, except I ordered color matched wheel trim and he ordered standard black. Mine shipped and his is stuck in Flint.
Just checked on mine. It is still at Flint. Wondering if there are bottlenecks on rail service. I did hear that there is a high turnover rate for those that load the vehicles onto trains.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just checked on mine. It is still at Flint. Wondering if there are bottlenecks on rail service. I did hear that there is a high turnover rate for those that load the vehicles onto trains.
Maybe we should go and load trains for a few days🤣🤣

·
Registered
2022 Sierra 2500HD AT4
60 Posts
TPW is next week 11/1, dealer called me today to say the rock guards or whatever they are called won't be on the truck at delivery, but could be added later. I didn't remember ordering them anyway, so it's whatever.
My window sticker says "Off-road assist steps (dealer installed)"

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for starting this up again @LeonardS, that other thread always felt awkward and weird to me, I honestly didn't care for the mood.

TPW is next week 11/1, dealer called me today to say the rock guards or whatever they are called won't be on the truck at delivery, but could be added later. I didn't remember ordering them anyway, so it's whatever. Hopefully it gets built next week and we can see a truck around Thanksgiving. 🤞
Are you talking about the splash guard option? The dealer is installing mine (at least that is what the window sticker says).

Reactions: PkB2022
1 - 20 of 1176 Posts