Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
2521 - 2540 of 2947 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
anyone know which would be more accurate as far as tracking info, the dealer or the representative on gmc.com?? dealer says the truck is waiting for a bedliner, rep at gmc.com says its on a train
headed this way.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,526 ·
Someone had mentioned an aftermarket mud flap set that mounts in the factory mounting holes, but was slightly larger to keep the front tire slop off the front doors. I thought they were molded like the factory ones. I don’t want diamond tread or some wonky looking flaps.

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon 2.8 mini-Max
97 Posts
Someone had mentioned an aftermarket mud flap set that mounts in the factory mounting holes, but was slightly larger to keep the front tire slop off the front doors. I thought they were molded like the factory ones. I don’t want diamond tread or some wonky looking flaps.
I think they are these, super expensive but also super nice. I wanna put wider tires on mine once I get it and these are a definite option. I think the trick is that you must have the standard option flaps and not the alternately ordered wider ones.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,528 ·
I think they are these, super expensive but also super nice. I wanna put wider tires on mine once I get it and these are a definite option. I think the trick is that you must have the standard option flaps and not the alternately ordered wider ones.

Thank you! I think that’s the ones. I see that you must have the original lower plastic flare for these to fit. I don’t have those since I ordered factory flaps. Maybe the dealer has some take off standard flares that they have taken off.

Reactions: winterboy8

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have those on my current 2015. They have been on there since new 88k. I had one get ripped in a car wash they replaced it NC. It really was probably my fault for not having large enough hardware. I'm either going to remove them from my old truck or get new ones. They still look that good after 6 years. I am not aware of the need for the factory flap. The Gatorbacks just bolted to the flange on the wheel well. We did have to drill a few holes as I recall 6 years is a long time. I run these and a full cab length running board, no more stone chips. They look really nice as well. It may be different on these newer body style. One way or another I'm going to put them on my truck again.

·
Registered
2022 Sierra 3500HD Duramax Diesel Denali Ultimate Hunter Metallic
5 Posts
I was told by GMC today (phone call) that my truck was already built, in transit, and they would give me the VIN via email. Could this really be true?
Called GMC this morning and got a different story. ”Order accepted, no production date”. Not surprised.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,532 ·
I have those on my current 2015. They have been on there since new 88k. I had one get ripped in a car wash they replaced it NC. It really was probably my fault for not having large enough hardware. I'm either going to remove them from my old truck or get new ones. They still look that good after 6 years. I am not aware of the need for the factory flap. The Gatorbacks just bolted to the flange on the wheel well. We did have to drill a few holes as I recall 6 years is a long time. I run these and a full cab length running board, no more stone chips. They look really nice as well. It may be different on these newer body style. One way or another I'm going to put them on my truck again.
It specifically says that you need the stock factory bottom flare/trim and not the factory mud flaps for these to fit a 2022. I don’t think your 2015 flaps will work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone familiar with this site? Apparently a JC. If so, am I to assume trucks are inside the facility, or sitting in the open lot?

According to my dealer VINVIEW it states;

12/28/21
Bayed Ready (4B)
OFFSITE YARD - IDEAL YARD (FF) (XJ) Jack Cooper
4002 JAMES P COLE (COOJ)
FLINT, MI 48505 UNITED STATES

Property Building Infrastructure Car Road surface

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anybody here with close relation with a dealer that can track my truck with VINVIEW??? I have try to obtain that from my dealer and only getting 101 different excuses from tracking website down to manager not at the store to truck was ordered from our 2nd store. I think is some BS They told me 2 weeks ago that the truck was 2 hrs away waiting for transport from train rail yard to dealer and I think the truth is that it still at Flint.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just another day of GM joy! Dealership informed me my truck is still sitting in the Flint plant yard via vin view. Truck was built 9/6/21 . This will be the 4th missed scheduled delivery date. My Sales person has been awesome aways keeping up to date. He even offered me the same loaded truck that was dealership stock that arrived early 2 months ago when GM missed my second delivery date. I passed because of the color. This has been quit the ordering experience . I started this journey back in March when I ordered a 2021 only to have GM cancel the order in late June. It pissed me off that I almost said F the new truck. I gave it another whirl with a different dealership. So now I sit at pending dispatch in Flint. Maybe February will be the lucky month or March will be 1year when I started this venture. RIP Bob Saget !!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just another day of GM joy! Dealership informed me my truck is still sitting in the Flint plant yard via vin view. Truck was built 9/6/21 . This will be the 4th missed scheduled delivery date. My Sales person has been awesome aways keeping up to date. He even offered me the same loaded truck that was dealership stock that arrived early 2 months ago when GM missed my second delivery date. I passed because of the color. This has been quit the ordering experience . I started this journey back in March when I ordered a 2021 only to have GM cancel the order in late June. It pissed me off that I almost said F the new truck. I gave it another whirl with a different dealership. So now I sit at pending dispatch in Flint. Maybe February will be the lucky month or March will be 1year when I started this venture. RIP Bob Saget !!
I'm with you brother, same situation as you, started this in early May 2021 (2021 model). Sold my old truck in July, and like you, it got cancelled (July). New order for 22 put in, 2 months to get accepted, then built complete on 11/17. Been sitting in Flint, since. It's getting to be ri-god-damn-diculous.

Just like my Stonks, you gotta hold tight. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
The molded ones are likely the Weathertech or Husky Liners. The Gatorbacks are really nice but cripes, not for what they want for them.

I went this route because I do a lot of ice fishing and could see the molded ones ripping off on a drift on the lake. I also live on a gravel road.
Front 12" x 23" Rubber Mud Guards, Chevy Silverado 2500, 3500 HD (2 Flaps)
Rear 12" x 23" Rubber Mud Guards, Select Silverado, GMC Sierra HD (2 Flaps)

·
Registered
2022 Sierra 2500HD AT4
95 Posts
Hi-jacked your own thread...

2521 - 2540 of 2947 Posts