Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
2541 - 2560 of 2947 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would appear from this forum the potential clog in all this maybe Jack Cooper Transport. The PALS portal is pretty useless. Here's some background on Jack Cooper. The company was founded in 1928 as a carrier for GM. Today they are one of the largest carriers out there. In August of 2019 they filed Chapter 11. In November of 2019 they exited Chapter 11. Their debt holders took a nice haircut and they renegotiated the contracts with the Teamsters. As a side note, it was around this time that congress passed laws limiting the hours truckers can drive and making them use electronic logs. Of course we shut down the economy around 3/2020. While they are a Women Owned Business it would appear a Wall Street firm has a substantial stake in them

Just a little research can reveal they have the potential of being the weak link in the GM plan to build short, transport trucks to a holding area. Transport them back for the chip then out to a distribution center to be transported to a rail station. All of this transporting appears to be done by Jack Cooper, at least at the Flint Plant.

If your frustrated with the palsapp and beating on your dealer, perhaps an email with your vin and the freight bill number of your truck to one of these two people (or hey copy them both on the same email) outlining your frustration. Never know what may happen.

Michael Riggs [email protected]
Kirk Hay [email protected]

Good luck.

·
Registered
2006 LBZ, 2009 LML, 2022 L5P (on order). 1993 6.5 parked in the shed.
140 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Never know what may happen.
Drafting one up now. It will be interesting though.......It's like complaining at a restaurant if your meal isn't cooked to order. I will either get great response and they will be happy to help, or the cooks will spit in my food when it goes back (my truck will go to the end of the line).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Drafting one up now. It will be interesting though.......It's like complaining at a restaurant if your meal isn't cooked to order. I will either get great response and they will be happy to help, or the cooks will spit in my food when it goes back (my truck will go to the end of the line).
A sad but true statement

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just shot off this email.....Let you know if I get a response. @Wannabe2500 Owner, thanks for the emails....

"Good afternoon Mr. Riggs and Mr. Hay,

I'm writing to you both today in hopes that you can help many of us who are waiting for delivery of our newly built GMC vehicles, to gain some clarity on where our vehicles are, and when they will be delivered to the dealership we have ordered them from.

First, I understand the complexity of the world at this time, with the pandemic, supply chain, and many other areas struggling to find appropriate labor forces to support needs. This is unprecedented, no doubt, and there are many of us who have allowed a more than reasonable amount of that calculus into our equation for the ordering of our vehicles. However, there seems as though there needs to be a better attempt at transparency and information flow to the dealerships about product delivery. My dealership has even vented frustration, since VINVIEW will show no movement, yet a truck will appear out of nowhere and be delivered. Or, the status on palsapp.com will show as null and pending, then show at the dealership.

I ordered a new vehicle from my dealership in Arizona in May of 2021. At this writing, January 13th, 2022, I still do not have that truck. It was finally built in Flint, by GM, on 11/17/2021, and has been sitting (Bayed) at one of your offsite yards (Ideal Yard) since 11/22/2021. Again, I understand there are constraints with a lot of what is going on, but there does not seem to be any consistency in delivery methods? I'm in one of the largest GM truck forums on the internet, with hundreds of others in the same situation, and there is a large amount of frustration, regarding why some who have had their trucks built two months later than someone else, get their trucks, while others who have had their truck completed since mid summer, still have no delivery.

Any insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated, and I will flow that information to others in these forums, who are desperate for more information on when they will receive their vehicles.

Thank you both very much for taking time to read this, and I wish you all good health and a great day.

God bless!"

·
Registered
19’ 2500 LTZ CC SB Duramax
4 Posts
Mine has also been there since 12/14 with no change.
Vin# 1995xx
Just got off the phone with my dealer. The only info they have received from GM is that there is not enough rail cars. True, IDK. This is the first I am hearing this from my dealer. My contact is the Manager of Operations for the dealership and we go back many years. I don’t think he would BS me, but you never know. I guess it just is what it is. Frustrating for sure…

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,549 ·
Kirk Hay
11:08 AM (45 minutes ago)
to me, Michael
Thanks Randy. We appreciate your understanding of the situation. We’ll forward your email to the group that handles these inquiries.

Regards, Kirk.
I read that wrong. I see his response was that he was forwarding your email. Hopefully you get a response.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealer. The only info they have received from GM is that there is not enough rail cars. True, IDK. This is the first I am hearing this from my dealer. My contact is the Manager of Operations for the dealership and we go back many years. I don’t think he would BS me, but you never know. I guess it just is what it is. Frustrating for sure…
2 days ago my dealer said the truck im waiting for was in michigan waiting for a bedliner, the same day GMC live chat said it was on a train headed this way.. i wonder which one is true..

·
Registered
19’ 2500 LTZ CC SB Duramax
4 Posts
2 days ago my dealer said the truck im waiting for was in michigan waiting for a bedliner, the same day GMC live chat said it was on a train headed this way.. i wonder which one is true..
I don’t know. It’s a mess for sure. I asked him straight up what is GM saying about it. That was the answer I got. Chat said today mine is still at 4300. I started this with a declined LTZ order in September and bumped it up to a HC the end of October because the dealer already had one ordered and approved for stock, so we adjusted the order and it was built the week of Dec 6th. My Uncle ordered his truck, dif color and no 5th prep one week after I did. Straight order marked sold. It was built the week of the 12th. His has said delay since it was built and his shows up the dealer website. Mine does not. LOL. IDK He has over 30 trucks waiting in limbo.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealer. The only info they have received from GM is that there is not enough rail cars. …
I think he may have to quantify that statement to say, there is not enough engineers to work the rail cars, but there is no way that there is not enough of the physical cars...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ordered our Denali HD today, will see how long things take to get built. Was told around 6 months.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dealers get 30 days of free financing. Would appear that the dealers are invoiced before the vehicles hit their lot. If my analysis is correct my dealer is getting ready to make a 2nd interest payment on a truck sitting in Swartz Creek Michigan. In the mean time he has probably been getting vehicles in that are in the free financing period and selling them so it isn't hurting him too much. Now when this situation gets real interesting is when the dealers are paying interest on trucks in transit yet have no inventory to sell. Will we see more of an effort to get trucks on the lot for dealers to deliver to customers who have already made deposits or will they forgive interest payments that the dealer must pay?

I have no clue when GM is going to get out of this jam. At the end of Q3 the narrative was the chip shortage caused the problem they solved the problem by signing a contract with Qualcomm. Those of us wanting to purchase their most profitable product line are noticing that chips aren't the only supply chain issue.

When and if these issues are resolved their dealer base and customer base may look different. GM with its debt load may look different too. Right now Wall Street loves GM. That could all change in the coming year. I personally don't have the stones to try this (I want my truck!) but here is a potential scenario.

Right now demand for GM trucks is out pacing their ability to deliver. So no incentives. If the inflation gets worse we all have less disposable income. If inflation is fought successfully interest rates will rise. Both outcomes could affect demand for trucks. We might all do better in cancelling our orders. Letting all this supply land on the lots with no demand then see what kind of offers GM has to unload a bunch a trucks.

I'm not saying I am canceling my order, just outlining a potential scenario. Economics is a pretty simple science. It's based on the understanding of supply and demand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think he may have to quantify that statement to say, there is not enough engineers to work the rail cars, but there is no way that there is not enough of the physical cars...
GM released their 2021 results this week. Shipments in Q4 were down 43% from previous year. Dealer inventories which include in transit vehicles were up 23% from previous year. I agree that they need to quantify that statement. Sounds like a labor shortage. Engineers to run the train, labor to load the vehicles on to boxcars. It's almost enough to make you head to Flint and check out the rail yards

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ground Effects LLC does spray-on bedliners. Mine got done in Flint - found this "Flint Assembly Shipper" paperwork in my truck (apparently the dealer didn't see this above the sunshade).
View attachment 1095978

This company has a location near Wentzville Assembly where they build the Colorado and Canyon mid-size pickups.
Ground Effect was originally started in Windsor Canada. They purchased and the Patented process used by GM for the spray bed liners. To my knowledge they have off-site plants that spray liners where all GM trucks are manufactures. One of my best friends is the tech that went and helped setup these plants when they where first launched.

Note: this same company has the contract to put all the graphics on the SRT Vehicles for old Mopar. Also did some special edition Corvette Hood graphics. They started making Truck Step bars and Bed bars 30 years ago. They where also a GM truck up-fitter in Canada. They still do up-fit GM Trucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stopped by my dealership yesterday to have him call in and check on my 2022 2500 HC CC while I was sitting right there. Was produced week of Dec 6th, 2021 and has been in Excel Lot since Dec 18th 2021 with no movement. We have VIN, there is an internal GM invoice, Dealer has not been invoiced, and not available to locate vehicle on VINVIEW until the dealer has been invoiced. The weekly update emails I get from GM as well as anytime in do GM Chat have been exactly the same for the last month:

Here is the current status for your 2022 Chevrolet Silverado order:
I have located your order number XXXXX with the VIN of 1GC1YREY4NF199XXX. Your vehicle has been produced but not yet released to the carrier. The vehicle is currently located at our plant in Flint MI. Our system does not show any estimated delivery date as of the moment. I would still strongly suggest getting in touch with your selling dealership as they are typically notified 48 hours in advance of a delivery pending at their location.
Please be confident that the right people are taking the right steps to ensure you receive only the highest quality product.
Kindly expect another email update next Tuesday regarding your order status.

Was told by GM yesterday while in my salesmen's office that my order was produced before they decided to ship non completed orders out (they will be be retrofitted later in Q2 as a GM recall at dealership to make the heated items function when they receive the component chips) and is sitting waiting for the components to make the heated steering wheel and seats work. They will not move the vehicle and change this to allow it to ship like the others and have no time frame on an estimated ship date either. Dealer has a decked out 3500 LTZ Chrome Edition on an unsold order that had all of the same options that I had ordered on my 2500 High Country with the addition of the sunroof. Target production date on this one is 2/28/22. I now have my name on 2 trucks and will take whichever one comes in first. This is crazy to be told that the 3500 LTZ will more than likely be dilivered way before the 2500 that was built back in early December.
Frustrating times for sure and hopefully not the start of the new "NORM"!

·
Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 cc sb
35 Posts
An update on my order. Mine is still at 4300 (intermediate delivery). Was at 4200 on Dec. 31st. Called dealer today. They said the truck is “pending dispatch“ and it’s sitting at the factory in flint since Jan 5th. It was at the auburn hills lot since Oct. 29th. Been checking palsapp with no changes other than the original shipping to Auburn hills. There was an eta of Jan 14th. Now there isn’t one listed. Vin of 1700 for those trying to crack the code of where peoples trucks are. Also just chatted with Gm online. This is the response I got.
Font Material property Gadget Technology Electronic device

2541 - 2560 of 2947 Posts