Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
2561 - 2580 of 2947 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
An update on my order. Mine is still at 4300 (intermediate delivery). Was at 4200 on Dec. 31st. Called dealer today. They said the truck is “pending dispatch“ and it’s sitting at the factory in flint since Jan 5th. It was at the auburn hills lot since Oct. 29th. Been checking palsapp with no changes other than the original shipping to Auburn hills. There was an eta of Jan 14th. Now there isn’t one listed. Vin of 1700 for those trying to crack the code of where peoples trucks are.
There is no code to crack....

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
GM released their 2021 results this week. Shipments in Q4 were down 43% from previous year. Dealer inventories which include in transit vehicles were up 23% from previous year. I agree that they need to quantify that statement. Sounds like a labor shortage. Engineers to run the train, labor to load the vehicles on to boxcars. It's almost enough to make you head to Flint and check out the rail yards
You can drive by at about 75mph... but nobody will get in...

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Dealers get 30 days of free financing. Would appear that the dealers are invoiced before the vehicles hit their lot. If my analysis is correct my dealer is getting ready to make a 2nd interest payment on a truck sitting in Swartz Creek Michigan. In the mean time he has probably been getting vehicles in that are in the free financing period and selling them so it isn't hurting him too much. Now when this situation gets real interesting is when the dealers are paying interest on trucks in transit yet have no inventory to sell. Will we see more of an effort to get trucks on the lot for dealers to deliver to customers who have already made deposits or will they forgive interest payments that the dealer must pay?

I have no clue when GM is going to get out of this jam. At the end of Q3 the narrative was the chip shortage caused the problem they solved the problem by signing a contract with Qualcomm. Those of us wanting to purchase their most profitable product line are noticing that chips aren't the only supply chain issue.

When and if these issues are resolved their dealer base and customer base may look different. GM with its debt load may look different too. Right now Wall Street loves GM. That could all change in the coming year. I personally don't have the stones to try this (I want my truck!) but here is a potential scenario.

Right now demand for GM trucks is out pacing their ability to deliver. So no incentives. If the inflation gets worse we all have less disposable income. If inflation is fought successfully interest rates will rise. Both outcomes could affect demand for trucks. We might all do better in cancelling our orders. Letting all this supply land on the lots with no demand then see what kind of offers GM has to unload a bunch a trucks.

I'm not saying I am canceling my order, just outlining a potential scenario. Economics is a pretty simple science. It's based on the understanding of supply and demand.
Yes and no... mostly no... they want x amount of vehicles on dealer lots...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well i'm a little more excited, Found out from the dealer truck is built and sitting at 4300, said they have an ETA of the 20th. Holding my Breath but happy it's built.:);)
Not to rain on your parade but I've been 4300 since Oct 25th, granted yours will likely move faster than mine since mine is buried in the snow in Auburn Hills at the back edge of the lot, but 4300 isn't the end of the road :).

·
Registered
"Ordered" 2021 now '22 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LTZ Summit White.
12 Posts
Well i'm a little more excited, Found out from the dealer truck is built and sitting at 4300, said they have an ETA of the 20th. Holding my Breath but happy it's built.:);)
I have to agree with the others on this. Yes it’s exciting to be at 4300 but I, too, have been sitting at 4300 since Dec 3rd with no movement since then and we have has two “expected delivery dates” within that time till now and both have been passed up. So with that being said, be excited? Sure. But PLEASE don’t hold your breath. We would all hate to hear we lost one of our Duramax forum buddies because he was holding his breath ☺😉💕

·
Registered
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 Bighorn SB - 2022 Chevrolet 2500 High Country CC,LB, Duramax On Order
50 Posts
:);):D Understand completely where you all are coming from, been following the thread since it started. I’m kinda that glass half full guy, it’s went from being a frame to being a built unit so I’ll call it progress, makes me think I have a better chance of seeing it by April. First camping trip is may

·
Registered
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 Bighorn SB - 2022 Chevrolet 2500 High Country CC,LB, Duramax On Order
50 Posts
Ordered our Denali HD today, will see how long things take to get built. Was told around 6 months.

laura gmc in St Louis has/had a quick silver Denali, duramax, cc, lb in stock on the lot a couple days ago, not sure if your close at all to that dealership

·
Registered
3 Posts
In Chicago area. Been looking to get my 3rd Chevy 2500 crew. After months of debating, about getting into this waiting game I finally found one on a nearby dealer that was listed as In-Transit. Traded in my 2015 2500hd last Saturday and in the waiting game now. Dealer tells me they expected it in a week and was in the process of being shipped. But then after I signed said it could be a week to a month. A few days later I called for a status and they said it was in Intermediate Delivery, code 4300. As part of trading my 2015 in I insisted that they give me a loaner until the 2022 2500 arrives, glad I did that the more I read this forum. Dealer print out from Chevy website shows a delivery date of 12/19/21, so that was shot before I even knew about this truck. Chevy chat gives the normal info that its ready for delivery and to follow-up with dealer. I feel lucky to have found one in-transit with the options I wanted. I am 6 days in and glad I didn't order one months ago like I had originally planned, as it seems the dealer orders and more recent orders are getting processed faster. I am guessing this is because they need to keep new cars on the dealer lots for sales and advertising purposes. It is interesting reading your different triumphs. Best of luck and I will update you on any progress I have, to give those waiting some hope.

·
Registered
184 Posts
In Chicago area. Been looking to get my 3rd Chevy 2500 crew. After months of debating, about getting into this waiting game I finally found one on a nearby dealer that was listed as In-Transit. Traded in my 2015 2500hd last Saturday and in the waiting game now. Dealer tells me they expected it in a week and was in the process of being shipped. But then after I signed said it could be a week to a month. A few days later I called for a status and they said it was in Intermediate Delivery, code 4300. As part of trading my 2015 in I insisted that they give me a loaner until the 2022 2500 arrives, glad I did that the more I read this forum. Dealer print out from Chevy website shows a delivery date of 12/19/21, so that was shot before I even knew about this truck. Chevy chat gives the normal info that its ready for delivery and to follow-up with dealer. I feel lucky to have found one in-transit with the options I wanted. I am 6 days in and glad I didn't order one months ago like I had originally planned, as it seems the dealer orders and more recent orders are getting processed faster. I am guessing this is because they need to keep new cars on the dealer lots for sales and advertising purposes. It is interesting reading your different triumphs. Best of luck and I will update you on any progress I have, to give those waiting some hope.
I'm in pretty much the same boat. I ordered a truck on 09/28/21 from my favorite dealer which is still at 1100. That dealer is 300 miles away from me since I relocated, but the trust is well worth the travel.
I found an almost identical truck "in transit" to a much closer dealer with a delivery date of 01/05/22 and put a deposit on it.
Well, it hasn't arrived yet but I guess I'm ahead of game seeing as it is actually built... I hope.

Reactions: 2500FanIllinois

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dealers get 30 days of free financing. Would appear that the dealers are invoiced before the vehicles hit their lot. If my analysis is correct my dealer is getting ready to make a 2nd interest payment on a truck sitting in Swartz Creek Michigan. In the mean time he has probably been getting vehicles in that are in the free financing period and selling them so it isn't hurting him too much. Now when this situation gets real interesting is when the dealers are paying interest on trucks in transit yet have no inventory to sell. Will we see more of an effort to get trucks on the lot for dealers to deliver to customers who have already made deposits or will they forgive interest payments that the dealer must pay?

I have no clue when GM is going to get out of this jam. At the end of Q3 the narrative was the chip shortage caused the problem they solved the problem by signing a contract with Qualcomm. Those of us wanting to purchase their most profitable product line are noticing that chips aren't the only supply chain issue.

When and if these issues are resolved their dealer base and customer base may look different. GM with its debt load may look different too. Right now Wall Street loves GM. That could all change in the coming year. I personally don't have the stones to try this (I want my truck!) but here is a potential scenario.

Right now demand for GM trucks is out pacing their ability to deliver. So no incentives. If the inflation gets worse we all have less disposable income. If inflation is fought successfully interest rates will rise. Both outcomes could affect demand for trucks. We might all do better in cancelling our orders. Letting all this supply land on the lots with no demand then see what kind of offers GM has to unload a bunch a trucks.

I'm not saying I am canceling my order, just outlining a potential scenario. Economics is a pretty simple science. It's based on the understanding of supply and demand.
I have thought about this scenario already but also have noticed that the buyers of HD’s are willing to wait it out because they need to have that type of truck for work or for their RV’s. Demand will be strong for a little while longer since most orders are customer not dealer orders, and since it takes roughly 6 months to deliver that scenario may not play out for another year or more. With inflation pressures present they will have to significantly raise the msrp this year I believe to match it. Now the Colorado series and the 1500’s are a different story, they will notice your scenario first especially with GM jumping in on the EV bandwagon taking up some of that customer base. I agree lots of headwinds in store for GM and I haven’t researched the collective bargaining agreements on wage increases but at 7% inflation and with record demand it would seem to me that the UAW would have all the power to get wages to match inflation. Buyers in 2-3 years might get a better deal than in 1-2 years but I think today is still the cheapest buy, when factoring financing and inflation costs. That’s assuming of course that there is a GM product to buy in 3 years.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I like the thought but the last sentence makes it null and void. Like you I'm not going to cancel my order and most likely neither will anyone else therefor the demand will not decrease. On a bright note in my humble opinion Biden's Vaccine mandate for companies got destroyed in the Supreme Court. Think about how much more interesting this would be if GM/Chevy, all the subcontractors and delivery companies would be having if they had to enforce that mandate at the cost of loosing countless employees. We would be facing longer delays than we are now.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
:);):D Understand completely where you all are coming from, been following the thread since it started. I’m kinda that glass half full guy, it’s went from being a frame to being a built unit so I’ll call it progress, makes me think I have a better chance of seeing it by April. First camping trip is may
Its not all doom and gloom as it seems to have turned here...trucks are moving out. Dont worry about why this or that truck moved at this or that time.... Knowing where it is at ain't gonna get it to the dealer any faster... emailing /calling the shipping compaines aint gonna make it move any faster either...

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Lots of people want info and there are a couple of us who work there...who have been trying to give info... but we are limited... (even within the company) and then told that everything could be better...so we have stopped..... it just fun to read all the new "reason's" why this or that...

They haven't fired too many V.P.'s yet due to all the resume's showing up....from everyone who can do it better.... so something must be right...

Lot's of theroy's of why this or that... 98% are not even close... again you may not like what I say... but you may have to accept it...or not... either way... it's just the way of the world right now. Like we always said in the field....Enjoy the suck

·
Registered
2022 GMC Sierra HD 2500 Denali Black Diamond Edition
7 Posts
Lots of people want info and there are a couple of us who work there...who have been trying to give info... but we are limited... (even within the company) and then told that everything could be better...so we have stopped..... it just fun to read all the new "reason's" why this or that...

They haven't fired too many V.P.'s yet due to all the resume's showing up....from everyone who can do it better.... so something must be right...

Lot's of theroy's of why this or that... 98% are not even close... again you may not like what I say... but you may have to accept it...or not... either way... it's just the way of the world right now. Said we always said in the field....Enjoy the suck
I appreciate any piece of info you can give us, waiting is hard for sure but the wait will be worth it. Thank you for sharing anything you can usmarine!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So January 5th I texted GM and they finally said my truck was in transit. Great news until I started reading this post of how long it can take to ship. Yesterday I decided to text them again to see if they had an estimated delivery date and they responded that it had been delivered. Even though I had visited my dealership earlier this week. So, I called them to see if it had been delivered. Well, it wasn’t. They say it’s still sitting in Flint from what they can see. I also haven’t gotten any notifications from vinview that it’s moved. I’m not even sure if I will get anymore notifications. Apparently delivered means GM has delivered it to the transport company. From there, who knows. I just hope it’s not waiting on a part. My dealer said they had an AT4 sitting in a lot waiting on floor mats for two months. They did say that there are a lot of trucks in our predicament, but GM was expecting to get many of them shipped out in February.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Have your dealer check the lot... my dealer (gmc) had 2 GMC and 2 Chevy HD..on the lot when I took my 1500 in for work... thursday..

2 chevy's on a gmc dealer lot? Huh... that aint right...

2561 - 2580 of 2947 Posts