Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019 LTZ
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read an article where it is rumored that the 2023 Duramax have a jump in power ..! Anyone else hear or read this ..?

Reactions: BOWTIE67

·
Registered
29 Posts
I read something similar yesterday. While the numbers are good, at point this war has to stop. Once you get to an hp/torque point, you need to beef up other components. Then, the increased capability, etc. Honestly, it's already too much for a regular duty pickup truck. They simply don't have the control factors to match the max capability. Add to that the particular drivers behind the wheel, which is largely a bigger factor than the truck! 😁

·
Registered
38 Posts
^^^YUP^^^

Its getting ridiculous. Constantly guys are clamoring for more power so they can say they have the biggest stick, but I NEVER see any truck on the road with a trailer behind it floor it. Going across country, going through mountains, all these trucks are still poking along and accelerating slow. I literally do floor my truck very often loaded with 10K to 15K behind me, and 910 is plenty of power.

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
47 Posts
I highly doubt they would release these numbers a full model year in advance, Ram didn’t even release the numbers on the 2021, and they already bumped the power in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dang, my poor LML is gonna get dusted even more now!😂

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
748 Posts
I highly doubt they would release these numbers a full model year in advance, Ram didn’t even release the numbers on the 2021, and they already bumped the power in 2020.

What you mean the 2020 has more? Still the same numbers as the 2017 L5P. The only reason they do better is because of the transmission gearing.

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
47 Posts
What you mean the 2020 has more? Still the same numbers as the 2017 L5P. The only reason they do better is because of the transmission gearing.
The 2020 Ram Cummins HO got a power bump, and another one in 2021, the 2021 power bump was not announced to my best knowledge until I went to build one.
Ram has two engines.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Agree with some of the other comments that it's about to get out of hand. How much power can you legitimately use in a pickup truck anyway?

The L5P is already to the point that it's a pure ass dog off the line because it's so tempered to protect the rest of the drivetrain. They're already higher HP and near the same torque as the first semi trucks I drove back in the 80's that would take 80,000# through the mountains. Are we going to have Class 8 drivelines next to handle the power?

Actually if they'd make an Eaton Roadranger an option, I'd have some interest in that. I wouldn't mind shifting gears again at all if the box was not synchronized. Much easier shifting and they last forever.

·
Registered
831 Posts
My first diesel semi 69 GMC 250 Cummins. I thought I was on top of the world.
Seems like GM started it all when the Duramax came out.

Reactions: blythkd1

·
Registered
38 Posts
The L5P is already to the point that it's a pure ass dog off the line because it's so tempered to protect the rest of the drivetrain.
It’s funny you say that because Duramax is the only one of the three that is giving 100% of torque in first gear.

however, I agree that it’s an absolute pooch off the line! But I think most of that is tuning because of soot accumulation when trying to take off from a dig.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It’s funny you say that because Duramax is the only one of the three that is giving 100% of torque in first gear.

however, I agree that it’s an absolute pooch off the line! But I think most of that is tuning because of soot accumulation when trying to take off from a dig.
Pedal monster changes that.

Reactions: Bsimster

·
Super Moderator
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Never tried race mode, in fact I haven't put it back on since the injector connector fix at the dealer.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
748 Posts
The 2020 Ram Cummins HO got a power bump, and another one in 2021, the 2021 power bump was not announced to my best knowledge until I went to build one.
Ram has two engines.

My bad. I overlooked the Ram part.

Reactions: Caper11

·
Super Moderator
913 Posts
That big Ford 10spd trans takes power to turn it efficiently... 💩

·
Super Moderator
1,222 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts