Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, answer me this, how does the pedal monster help my truck get out of the hole faster when I mash the pedal to the floor, 100% throttle. Does the pedal Sasquatch give me 150% throttle??? I’m not going to spend money on something that I can accomplish by simply pushing the pedal further with my foot for free.
no extra power with a Pedal Commander just delivers it earlier with a bunch of easy to view settings. I just set it once to improve the around town drivability. I actually had one in a manual Mini Cooper a while back and it helped with blipping the throttle for down shifting smoothly. It actually made it seem like a turbo model

·
Registered
33 Posts
As long as we are speed limited and the Rams aren’t we will still get our asses handed to us at the drag strip.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Ok, answer me this, how does the pedal monster help my truck get out of the hole faster when I mash the pedal to the floor, 100% throttle. Does the pedal Sasquatch give me 150% throttle??? I’m not going to spend money on something that I can accomplish by simply pushing the pedal further with my foot for free.
What if I told you, that 100% of pedal travel isn’t 100% output power of the engine, in a LOT of scenarios? I know of some torque tables, on small gas engines, where 30% pedal travel is 100% requested torque so that you’re not driving around with your foot on the floor all the time and it also helps the smaller engine feel more “peppy”.

You do you though. Remember, it’s perfectly acceptable for people to “waste their money” if it’s not yours to begin with. You’re allowed your own opinion as well.

·
Registered
2019 LTZ
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
As long as we are speed limited and the Rams aren’t we will still get our asses handed to us at the drag strip.
Yikes ….

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
87 Posts
Rams are not speed limited??? Since when???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
893 Posts
I doubt they have Z rated tires.

·
Registered
39 Posts
^^^YUP^^^

Its getting ridiculous. Constantly guys are clamoring for more power so they can say they have the biggest stick, but I NEVER see any truck on the road with a trailer behind it floor it. Going across country, going through mountains, all these trucks are still poking along and accelerating slow. I literally do floor my truck very often loaded with 10K to 15K behind me, and 910 is plenty of power.
I do not need to floor my truck to take it up hill with a !0K load in the NC mountains and keep up or pass traffic. Not sure your point on poking along. And my truck is stock and not delete and i own a shop where part of our business is all about HP, I love it... Really do not understand any of your posts here. Seem to be arguing some point no one else is getting. Good luck, keep it to the floor if that works for you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I saw the write up on Google news page. They talked about all the specific upgrades for the 2023 model. The spoke over 500 hp and close to 1k torque. They spoke about all the weak links from the past getting upgrades. 8 head bolts per cylinder special head gaskets. And lots improvements. The article said that chey/gmc would be leaving Ford an dodge in the dust. But that is a long way from today

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure legit how this guy is but take a look at this.

Sure wish they would solve the sluggish pedal and weak first gearing issue along with this issues. Gimme on of those tuned D-max's the government gets to put in the new Oshkosh JATV trucks....

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
87 Posts
Does GM normally publish new engine specs way before a actual release??? This is seemingly more and more of a rumour. Why show the competition your cards when they are knocking on those numbers already.
My prediction is Ford will break 500hp first. They have been the leader in the HP wars for years.

·
Super Moderator
1,361 Posts
They're actually de-tuned. He lets that slip in one of his videos. However, they're also rated to run for many hours straight at load. I also bet they run on just about any oil, and have no "fat" on them.

Reactions: blythkd1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rams are not speed limited??? Since when???

The 17 I traded in on the 20 Sierra wasn't. The guy in the 19 that blows past me at about the 1200 foot marker isn't. What you guys don't do tow rig side races?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
GM has the trucks speed limited to match the speed ratings of the tires. I would be hard pressed to think Dodge doesnt do the same - maybe the guy had it removed? Im surprised to hear that tho since Cummins arent really stout on the top end

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
87 Posts
Ram has always been speed limited at 110mph, I could bypass my 04 speed limiter by turning the key to the start position. Something must of changed than???

What’s the limiter set at on the GM’s

41 - 60 of 66 Posts