Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
My 04 was 92, not sure about the 19, 96 maybe.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ram has always been speed limited at 110mph, I could bypass my 04 speed limiter by turning the key to the start position. Something must of changed than???

What’s the limiter set at on the GM’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2019 was 98 mph until it went on a diet. I’ve pushed it to 130mph, but it’s not cool driving that fast in that size of a truck

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
My 2019 was 98 mph until it went on a diet. I’ve pushed it to 130mph, but it’s not cool driving that fast in that size of a truck

I agree. Here in North Jersey I'm lucky to break 90 on a straight away before I hit traffic or potholes on the highway. Theres a bit of a pucker factor in a 9k lbs truck

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh come on now, they don't weigh an ounce over a 1/2 ton pickup:) I still have an old small cam 350 Cummins with a 13spd that I enjoy driving for harvest every fall. I'm not a coal roller but once a year I do lay a trail.

The difference between those big heavy Cummins engines and a Duramax with similar power is the 855 will do it for 100's of thousands of miles without blowing head gaskets or overheating. You might have to drop in a new PT pump but when it goes out it doesn't wreck your entire fuel system either. The water pump is a lot easier to replace. I could go on and on but you already know all that stuff.

Just seems like we're already stretching the capabilities of a 400 ci engine. Not sure how reliable or durable it will be at 500hp and 1000+ ft lbs of torque. Maybe they oughta start considering boring or stroking the 6.6, or both?
PT pump! Ha you drug that one right up out of the archives!

·
Registered
39 Posts
505/1085 ha! I’d rather have 400/750 and not need the emission system serviced every other oil change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

61 - 66 of 66 Posts