Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
I've had 2-2022 Silverado's with 3.0L Duramax and there both great. If the increased torque doesn't cut the 26-28 mpg I've had on both 3.0l's it will be great! Towing ranges from 12.2-15.5 mpg depending on head wind with AZ & NV mountains with 22' travel trailer loaded on scales at 3800 pounds.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Truck

· Registered
2023 GMC Denali
1 Posts
Ordered 08/10, build week 10/03, arrived at Coeur D’Alene dealer 10/30. Plenty of power - still breaking in (not riding it hard) and averaging 24-25 mpg. About 700 miles on it so far. Coming from a 6.2L, no concern with the switch.

· Registered
110 Posts
What gear ratios do y’all have?

for those of you that have had the LM2 and now driving or soon to be driving the LZ0, how do they compare? Ideally both trucks have had the same gear ratios.

I’m wondering if the increase in hp/tq is noticeable.

· Registered
12 Posts
Both our 2022-Trail Boss and LTZ with LM2 Duramax had/have 3.23 ratio drive gears. I also would be interested in comments from anyone that moved from the LM2 to the LZ0 if any difference can really be felt. Towing would be the only area increased torque would show up if you drive it like a diesel and not a gas (ICE) engine. What do I mean, nothing will really out accelerate a gas engine's H.P. but remember Diesel's Torque does the work and builds up slower. This is my experience from 8.3l Cummins, 6.6l Duramax, 2.8l Duramax and now 3.0l Duramax. Thinking back on going from our 2017, 2500HD 6.6l to the upgraded 2021 2500HD 6.6l at 910 lb. ft of torque, nothing was really felt and both did the job at hand towing. It was indicated a 19% increase in torque but didn't see a difference; both engines were amazing! This combination towing ZR2 in photos below ranged from 10.5-12.5 mpg. Camper alone 13.5 mpg.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

· Registered
2 Posts
I've got about 700 miles on a LZ0, this is what a 1/2 ton diesel truck should be! I love it. It's got the max tow package. I've pulled a 9500lb skid steer on a 2000lb trailer through the mountains in Idaho, you know it's there, but it pulls it just fine. Sorry, can't comment on the LM2 vs LZ0, came from a 2018 Ram ecodiesel, but I'm very happy so far.

· Registered
2021 Sierra SLE Double Cab 4WD 3.0 Duramax
325 Posts
I've got about 700 miles on a LZ0, this is what a 1/2 ton diesel truck should be! I love it. It's got the max tow package. I've pulled a 9500lb skid steer on a 2000lb trailer through the mountains in Idaho, you know it's there, but it pulls it just fine. Sorry, can't comment on the LM2 vs LZ0, came from a 2018 Ram ecodiesel, but I'm very happy so far.
What kind of mileage (fuel economy) are you seeing with the LZ0?

· Registered
274 Posts
I highly doubt there will be any appreciable mileage difference between the 2 engines. More emissions usually mean worse mileage not better.

· Registered
2021 Sierra Denali, S550, C6 Zo6, 1970 GTO LS1
134 Posts
Demonworks is a member here but hasnt posted much since he got the new truck. There are few LZO in the wild, but he is an enthusiast as most of us. Seems mileage is the same or better, as he is not broken in yet.

· Registered
2021 Sierra Denali, S550, C6 Zo6, 1970 GTO LS1
134 Posts
In alot of parts of this country 80-85 mph is normal all day. Here in Florida there is no going less than 80 mph on the TP....or you will get rear ended! LOL 80 is just keeping up with traffic not causing issues. I like seeing the big numbers guys get, but i will never get them. My number has to be based on AC on, hot outside, 80 MPH minimum. There are days with low traffic where I can cruise at 72-75 and I get nice numbers. But I am usually 80-85 and 23-25 mpg. My 2017 Denali 6.2 was 16-18 mpg sometimes worse. Love the 3.0. Few videos on the LZO but there does not seem to be a downside as of yet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts