Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm think about going with 285/55/20 on a +18 offset rim and I was wondering what kinda trimming I will have to do if any. I will have the Cognitio leveling kit installed. If anyone has any pics of this setup please post.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for the morning crowd

·
Registered
868 Posts
i got 20s yesterday and they sent 285 55s with it instead of what i ordered 285 50 and i cranked the torsion bars up till my level kits comes in and it rubs when wheels turned all the way you should be good with a leveling kit

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
275/55-20. Rims were not as offset out as I wanted. Worked an didn't rub bad. I turned keys up a tad and they were fine. Stock suspension. If I did 20s now I would go 285/60 since I am getting my cognito leveling kit next week. Pumped. Going 285/65-18

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
apelineman can you post pics of your truck with the rims on it?

·
Registered
212 Posts

My truck has leveling keys and 2" rear blocks
275/65/20 BFG's 34"

·
Registered
212 Posts

Here's the truck with thte 3" spindle lift and the keys let out. Same 2" blocks in the rear. No rubbing issues and sitting at stock height.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Nice bumpers ;)

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Here are the rims i just got. +18 offset KMC spys with 305/50 20 Cooper Zeon LTZ's. They measure out to 32" so about an inch shorter than 285/55s. Apologize for big pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here are the rims i just got. +18 offset KMC spys with 305/50 20 Cooper Zeon LTZ's. They measure out to 32" so about an inch shorter than 285/55s. Apologize for big pics.
QUOTE]

That is the same set up i'm looking at getting. Did you have to trim at all? I wonder if they make the Spy's in a 9 or 10 wide rim?

·
Registered
134 Posts
305/55/20 bf goods... comes out at just over 33's

·
needing more money
314 Posts
QUOTE]

That is the same set up i'm looking at getting. Did you have to trim at all? I wonder if they make the Spy's in a 9 or 10 wide rim?
I got the 8.5" wide spy. They come in 8.5 and 9. I think the 9" wide rim is when you go with the negative offset for lifted trucks. I may be wrong about this but think that's the breakdown. I haven't trimmed anything. They only rub when stuffed and in a full turn. But i do have a leveling kit but it's still sitting nose down. T-bars aren't cranked all the way up.

·
Registered
51 Posts

My truck has leveling keys and 2" rear blocks
275/65/20 BFG's 34"
I'm looking to go with these same size BFGs on 20s, I've got the Readylift leveling kit installed and I'm prepared to do some slight trimming. What offset are those wheels?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts