Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible? I want to run a 20x12 fuel wheel on 33x12's and get cognito uca's ,crank the bars a little bit more or get keys. I don't care how much I trim and I'll remove my lower valance and inner fender wells if I have to. I really wan't something different, my truck is old school and I love it because its so clean but I want to pull it off with something real wide and big and still have it look clean. I've seen people pull off 35's on these trucks with just a leveling kit, so I thought why not a deep wheel with just 33's?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a NBS with what looks like a 4-6 inch on 33's, but I've already seen someone on here with a 6 inch with 35's on a OBS, so this is where I got my inspiration to get the 33's on just a leveling kit.

Start up 08 DURAMAX - YouTube

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I personally don't think it will look very good. The only way you can pull off wide wheels like the ones in question is with a lift, without it, especially with 33's on 20's its just going to look awkwardly spaced out with that much tire sticking out of your wheel wells and not very much sidewall. Just my 0.02 though.

Buildingup on here runs them with his 6" and they look real good, but that's as low as you can go and still look decent in my book. Here's an idea of what i'm talking about...

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/wheels-tires/58692-20x12-35x12-50-toyo-6-fabtech-lift.html

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that truck also inspired my thoughts, its a shame its sold...

Do you think it could be pulled off with a 4 or 5 inch? I will be getting cognito uca's and can always upgrade later on to their 4-6 inch kit then crank it to 5".

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and aside from the looks, do you think I could pull it off with minimal rubbing? I can deal with just a little bit when backing up or hitting a huge bump lol.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
20x10 is about as wide as I would go IMO

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
I think you can pull it off....a guy on here: sparepartsracing lowered his truck and ran 35's... just requires some cutting.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will ponder on this more lol.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I think it will require way to much trimming. If you dead set on running that wide of a wheel, I would get at least a 4" lift. That way you can cut down on having to trim as much. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
239 Posts
do it and let us knOw!!!!!!! I Have a 6" lift and as soon as I can splurge im going with the 20x12 Fuels. Buildingup's truck looked Bad Ass. I cant wait. Curious to know how itd work/look on a truck not lifted. im guessin similiar to the F250 and F350 that dont lift their truck and snug 35" under...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, if it really rubs I might just break down and get the cognito 4-6. But I really love the way my truck handles and fits in most parking garages leveled lol.

And yeah, thats the only thing that makes me jealous of powerstrokes and cummins, they can have 35's leveled out with no trimming or rubbing lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think 20x12s will look with a leveling kit. Right now I am running 16.5x12 with 33 1250 on factory bars cranked, and did have to do a little bit of trimming. Still rub a hair but look very good. Me personally I love a wide truck. Next thing on my list is 1.5" spacers for the rear since the fronts are pushed way out. :D

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I think 20x12s will look with a leveling kit. Right now I am running 16.5x12 with 33 1250 on factory bars cranked, and did have to do a little bit of trimming. Still rub a hair but look very good. Me personally I love a wide truck. Next thing on my list is 1.5" spacers for the rear since the fronts are pushed way out. :D
Post a pic of your truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Attachments

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
i tried a 20 x10 -24 offset and 33x12.50 cut and kranked and couldn't fit. had to lift it

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input everyone! I'm going to think about it more!

By the way I was looking at this truck, its a nnbs sierra with what looks like a 4-6 lift, so imagine this truck about 4 inches lower in a nbs silverado with just the edges of the fenders trimmed!

GMC_Sierra_Octane_1_M.jpg
GMC_Sierra_Octane_2_M (1).jpg
GMC_Sierra_Octane_3_M.jpg
GMC_Sierra_Octane_4_M.jpg

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
That rig looks good, but i think as soon as you lower it back to stock height it's going to look like a beanermobile.. way too wide a stance for no height. But to each their own. You can always flip them in the classifieds if you aren't happy or just lift your trucks and be able to 4x4 launch and have your ride quality back again

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
the tire would work but that wide of a rim with that offset would be the problem.

·
Registered
239 Posts
do it, and if you dont like it give me a good price on the 20x12 :D:thumb

1 - 20 of 32 Posts