Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Public Enemy #1
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dodge I may be trading for a duramax this weekend, quick question that will help my decision. Can I clear 20x12 XD Diesel rims on a 33x1250 Toyo M/T with the 2'' Leveling kit that is already on the truck. The truck is a 2004 Chevy LLY. If so, I will most likely be coming to Dmax this weekend.

Thanks
TM

·
Public Enemy #1
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, Idk the BS of the 20x12 Diesels, but I know it is HUGE. I know the Chevys look sick with this setup, but was unsure what size lift it had.

·
Registered
532 Posts

Here are my 305.55.20s on my truck. Only had to trim the valance a little bit but i dont have the 2inch level either.

·
Public Enemy #1
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAMN!!!! That truck is SIKK I will get some pics of the setup I wanna do.

·
Public Enemy #1
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a 2006 with a 6'' procomp on 20x12s and 33x1250s, I hope they clear them with the leveling kit, kinda close on 6'' there.

·
Registered
692 Posts
they most likely will not depending on your back spacing i have a leveling kit 20x10 with 4.5" bs and i had to cut a ton off my chrome bumper a ton off my fender liner i run cut out bushwacker fender flares and had to cut off a pinch weld on the cab and at full lock hitting a bump it still rubs

·
Public Enemy #1
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats dissapointing, but not tradgic, I could just throw a body lift on it and be done with it. It would still look sweet

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
no body lifts on a dmax. You'd have to redo all your intercooler plumbing and what not. It would be a big PITA.

Sell the tires and get something a tad smaller. You should be able to get what they're worth. Everyone and their mom wants Toyo MT's these days :D

·
Public Enemy #1
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What other tire could I run with the 20 to make it look like the above, on a chevy with a leveling kit?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
a 285? also, i agree it will be close, but my buddy's run 35's on 20's with the same setup, so you may be fine!

·
Registered
692 Posts
What other tire could I run with the 20 to make it look like the above, on a chevy with a leveling kit?
i run nitto terra grapler 305 55 20 on a 20x10 rim w/ 4.5 bs heres wome pics they stick out alot so i did a ton of cutting but with my old 5.25 bs on a 16 wheel i could fit 35 1250s w/o rubbing.....

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I run 33X12.5 with 4.5 of backspacing with a leveling kit!! You should be fine!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
By the way, there was a guy on here that had 35's on 20s with no leveling kit. He just cranked the keys up!!! So you will be fine for sure!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I doubt they will clear!! you can run a 20'x10" wheel and 33's with little trimming. here is a couple pics of mine with 33"x12.50" nitto mudgrapplers on 20x10 wheels with 4.5" bs

towmirrors.jpg
truckatfarm1.jpg

·
Public Enemy #1
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I doubt they will clear!! you can run a 20'x10" wheel and 33's with little trimming. here is a couple pics of mine with 33"x12.50" nitto mudgrapplers on 20x10 wheels with 4.5" bs

View attachment 14476
View attachment 14477
This truck is SOOO CLEAN!!!!! I am keeping my Dodge though. The fella with the Dmax has a rebuilt title, So that wont work for me. But none the Less I can clear a 20x12 with 5'' BS on 33s with my leveling kit, So it worked out just fine. Thanks for the pics, Chevys look damn good IMHO, I have always liked them, especially this one. I will stay on here and chat with you guys even though I have a CTD. Thanks Again!!

TM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts