Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K., I have been looking all over the place and can't find a definitive answer.

I have a 2008 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew cab 4x4 Dually, I will be installing a 7inch lift in the next few weeks and will be ordering my LT295/65R20 tires and also wheels.

Here in Quebec, cops give us a hard time if tires stick out of the fenders too much, so I would like to have a combination that doesn't stick out too much. Can anyone tell me a proven offset combination for this to happen please. I am seeing a bunch of different offsets out there, not all available with the different wheels. The common front is +127, and I am looking at a rear set that has -192 outer and a +115 inner. Has anyone tried these offsets ? Is the rear offset doable without coming too close to the leafsprings ? I don't want to run spacers on any of the wheels if possible.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a set of 20”x8.25” XD Grenade 843‘s on my 15 dually. The fronts are +127, rears are +115, -198, and they stick out probably 2” on either side of the rear fenders. With the 8.25” wide rears, they will stick out. A few companies and a 20”x7.5” that will keep them more tucked, but I didn‘t care for the styles.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Plant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a set of 20”x8.25” XD Grenade 843‘s on my 15 dually. The fronts are +127, rears are +115, -198, and they stick out probably 2” on either side of the rear fenders. With the 8.25” wide rears, they will stick out. A few companies and a 20”x7.5” that will keep them more tucked, but I didn‘t care for the styles. View attachment 1094466
Yeahhh.... that's the wheels I wanted, but the rears are discontinued and none available...... that rear looks good, worst cas is I'll have to install a nice wide splash guard.

What size tire do you have on that, and how much space is left between the 2 rear tires ?

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I put 265/60/20’s, living in Alaska I wanted a factory sized tire just to be sure I could find easy replacements. There is probably 3-4” between the tires, when I ordered the wheels, they said they were set up to run 35x12.5 tires easily with the wheel spacing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put 265/60/20’s, living in Alaska I wanted a factory sized tire just to be sure I could find easy replacements. There is probably 3-4” between the tires, when I ordered the wheels, they said they were set up to run 35x12.5 tires easily with the wheel spacing.
Excellent, that is the information that I needed. Thank you very much, it is really very much appreciated ! I will be able to order with peace of mind now ! 😎😎😎

1 - 5 of 5 Posts