Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i jus put in a K&N drop in filter filled up and went from 20.9 to 25.6 mpg And this is driving 70mph

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
id stay away from k&n filters, they are junk imo

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watever dude i know what the hell it says, when i was getin 20-21 i put the calculater to it and it was rite, so i guess mine aint fucked up

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
ok lets cool down before the bashing starts fellas

·
Registered
292 Posts
You talking US or IMP miles per gallon, because I can belive one.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
give me some of that...so how many miles and how many gallons? That bullydog is throwing it off. My truck says its getting 26.3 right now and in the summer the DIC says over 30.

·
Registered
175 Posts
my truck says i get 11 lol

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ive gotten 24mpg once that was flat ground with a good tail wind running right below 2k rmp hand calculated but I have never seen that more then once in my truck

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
My dic says 35 mpg half the time. I still get 19 mpg hand calculated. 26 is total BS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get 19 on the hwy, and 15, 16 around town that's driving like a old man tho :gearjamin

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
i have to drive like a old man if i nail it it just blows grey some because my FUEL FILTER HOUSING IS CRACKED! :LMAO

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
yea yea yea, i geuss everything is impossible, soo much for yall even concerned it mite be true, but i know what it says and how many miles to a tank i get, so screw this forum if all yall think yall know everything, and are gunna mock someone
wooo easy killer, no need for all of that

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
It may be possible, but unlikely on a nearly stock truck. A while back I got 25.19 mpg hand calculated at 65-70mph the majority of the time, its usually around 22-24 on the highway so it may have been a fluke but I was still impressed. I really think the RDL manifolds and 2" up pipes helped it out possibly 1mpg, before my highest was around 24.1mpg I believe. In town I get significantly less:eek: anywhere from 13-17.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
:rof

He'll be back. If it's one thing I've learned about being a member of any forum, you need to have thick skin if you want to survive.

It's usually the wise old members who have the most knowledge, but they dish out the worst ribbing at the same time. :neener:rockin

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wow man just get a nice economy tune a real intake and exhaust and you shoud get 30 lol I guess over the last to years trying to cram all the mpgs outta my work trucks I coulda just left them stock and the boss could have saved a lot of money

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Might want to check how accurate ur DIC is anymore. Sure, they are fairly accurate when the truck has OEM equipment, but the second you start doing aftermarket parts is when it starts to get skewed. Especially on an air intake which will directly affect the MAF readings.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so maybe its showin 3 mpg better now, but when i hand calculated it it was gettin 21 mpg, and whats the deal with waco, i guess i wont post what my truck does anymore, ill just take in the knowledge from everyone

·
Registered
312 Posts
hijacking thread..... i love how my truck looks now! just put on some wheel polish! :rof

oh btw anybody wanna donate tow mirrors???:help

also my truck gets 57.5 miles to a gallon in the city. i have 4 cylinder when driving slow. its like a $12k option.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.