Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member looking at AT4 I am trying to decide on carbon black, onyx black or dark sky metallic. I plan to visit a few dealers to see the carbon black. I am also thinking I should go 3500 just for the towing capacity. I have gone back and forth over the years on a 5er purchase to pull my Harley.

I can't find any reference on the PennDOT web site that says I will need a CDL for the 3500. Anyone from PA that can confirm that?

I did search and read many threads on 2500 to 3500 comparison a lot of great information here.

TIA.

Luke

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm pretty certain that you would only need a CDL if you were going to tow a trailer with a GVWR above 10k.

I base this off of the following:

"A CDL must be obtained by the driver of any of the following vehicles: Any combination of vehicles with a gross combined weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, providing the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of the vehicle being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds."

Thanks for this, I went back and found this on the PA CDL web site. I agree that I would only need it if I end up getting a 5th wheel!

Thanks to everyone else who responded to my questions..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.