Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drive a 2010 LMM and I had Dick Cepek DC2 16x8 wheels installed today.... they are -12mm offset. Along with them came a new set of Dueler A/T Revo 2 tires 265/75/16.... At full lock I had really bad rub forward and reverse. I cranked up the torsion bars, what I thought was a lot; 6 full turns on the adjustment bolt on the passenger side and 3 full turns on the driver's side at which point the driver side bottomed out.

I don't want a lot of lift, I tow a 40' 15,000# 5th wheel, I do all my own maintenance, but generally do not mod my truck. The wheels are the first mod I've ever done. Anyway, I'm hoping for some advice from the more experienced on here....

What is the best solution to get the clearance I need without too much lift. I'm open to all solutions, comfortable installing keys if that's the solution. I'm just looking for the shortest path to solving the problem. I currently run 5100 series Bilsteins designed for 0-2.5" lift. Thanks in advance for the insight.....

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
So I drive a 2010 LMM and I had Dick Cepek DC2 16x8 wheels installed today.... they are -12mm offset. Along with them came a new set of Dueler A/T Revo 2 tires 265/75/16.... At full lock I had really bad rub forward and reverse. I cranked up the torsion bars, what I thought was a lot; 6 full turns on the adjustment bolt on the passenger side and 3 full turns on the driver's side at which point the driver side bottomed out.

I don't want a lot of lift, I tow a 40' 15,000# 5th wheel, I do all my own maintenance, but generally do not mod my truck. The wheels are the first mod I've ever done. Anyway, I'm hoping for some advice from the more experienced on here....

What is the best solution to get the clearance I need without too much lift. I'm open to all solutions, comfortable installing keys if that's the solution. I'm just looking for the shortest path to solving the problem. I currently run 5100 series Bilsteins designed for 0-2.5" lift. Thanks in advance for the insight.....
Where do the tires rub??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear wheel well (near the cab) right on the bottom inner most plastic clip that holds the fender liner in place - so maybe 3-4" in from the outside at the rear of the wheel well.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I am slightly confused I cleared 315-65-16s on my 07.5 with a leveling kit and 2 inch blocks in the back. where is the tire rubbing??

Reactions: lowgear05

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Sounds like e brake cable needs tied back and that would solve the issue at hand

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am slightly confused I cleared 315-65-16s on my 07.5 with a leveling kit and 2 inch blocks in the back. where is the tire rubbing??
I'm confused too... I mean I have no leveling kit; I'm stock. I never thought I'd had trouble clearing 265's though... It's gotta be the -12mm offset. Oh I described where the rub is a couple posts up...

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm confused too... I mean I have no leveling kit; I'm stock. I never thought I'd had trouble clearing 265's though... It's gotta be the -12mm offset. Oh I described where the rub is a couple posts up...
oh I see that now, we posted at the exact same time, check any cable or any part of the liner that may be sticking out or in the way, like mine rigger suggested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems like its so low in the wheel well that it would be right on the fender (metal), but I'll check for cables and anything else I could tie back... how far can I crank the stock torsion keys? The drivers side adjustment bolt was 3 turns from bottomed out when I started. I have 6 turns on passengers side adjustment bolt and it still have some room in it. Should I try to crank that further?

Also, for those with experience.... once I have the clearance I need I'm assuming an alignment would be in order?

·
Registered
959 Posts

cranked t bars, leveling kit, nor-cal-nick fender mod. 315 65 16s. and 2 inch blocks in the rear.

5 inch LOWERING kit
305 55 20s
I honestly think something is hanging up

lastly 305-60-17
t bars cranked twice, no other height.
yes I've had a few trucks with rims and tires over the years..

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Rear wheel well (near the cab) right on the bottom inner most plastic clip that holds the fender liner in place - so maybe 3-4" in from the outside at the rear of the wheel well.
On both sides???

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I am running 16x8 wheels with a zero offset and 265s with no rubbing (well a slight rub on the rear driver side well when in reverse at full lock sometimes) with a slight cranking of torsion bars. With your wheels further out, I don't see how you would have an issue.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Has to be the wheel offset and backspace. I've got 265/75/16 on pyos and I don't rub at all

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Well you got a free shot of mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.