Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently have the stock 265x65x18 tires on now. Can I go 275x65x18 or 275x75x18 without having to do any mods? Has anyone ran this size tire on a 2014 truck? I was going to get a new set of BFG KO2 pretty soon.

Was thinking about leveling and going 285 but I think I will wait til the warranty runs out before I start adding stuff to the truck. Don't really want to void the warranty or have to battle the dealership of stupid stuff if I don't have to so 275 with no mods????

Will they work or should I stay with the 265s???

·
Registered
345 Posts
You should be fine with no mods to go with 275/70R/18 BFG AT KO2.
I just put the same tires on my 2012, but I did level the truck at the same time. 275 is only 10mm wider than stock. You could also add 1 or 2 turns to torsion bars for clearance if it rubs the valance. Your clearance to the ball joint should be fine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What do you guys think of the Ko2??? Pretty quiet? Hows the initial wear?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else with first hand knowledge of 275s on a newer truck? I really don't want to do anything to the suspension if I don't have to and if I order the 275s in either 65 or 70 profile I am stuck with them. This is for a 18" stock rim.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My dad has 275/70 r18's on the stock rim on his 2013 3500. No leveling kit no rubbing

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also have the same size tire on xd hoss +18mm offset wheels on my 06. No leveling kit. I rub a little bit at full lock in reverse but not bad. Torsion bars aren't cranked either

·
Registered
23 Posts
What do you guys think of the Ko2??? Pretty quiet? Hows the initial wear?
They seem a little bit louder than the old design, but not bad. Only have a couple hundred miles on them so not sure about wear yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.