Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for new wheels and am looking at 285/65/18. Does anybody have a pic of their stock level truck with t-bars cranked and this size of tires? I am worried about clearing them without having to trim a whole lot. I'm not really good with tire sizes so if these wont clear real easy... what size should i get to clear but still keep the truck looking good?

·
Registered
235 Posts
just what u wanted with cognito uca also , still had to trim metal though-but worth it

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Where did you have to trim metal at?

·
Registered
235 Posts
behind wheels , u cant see it from outside . worth it though to look better.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
God your my idol

Ordering mine this week! So pumped for some 33x11.5's.. Or that size pretty much. Going to try Mickey T ATZ's I think. You do anything on the rear lift or what.

I want the UCA kit and 1.5 blocks in rear.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Idk if an 04 would be different as far as trimming or not. Does anybody know?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Pm... sent!! I think that the classic body styles are not as squared off on the backside of the fenders so it shouldn't be as bad.......

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I am in the market for new wheels and am looking at 285/65/18. Does anybody have a pic of their stock level truck with t-bars cranked and this size of tires? I am worried about clearing them without having to trim a whole lot. I'm not really good with tire sizes so if these wont clear real easy... what size should i get to clear but still keep the truck looking good?
I'm running 275/65R18 without too much issue. In fact i lowered the back end by 2" and the front by 1". I trimmed some plastic off the front bumper and tucked back the fender liner slightly and I have zero rubbing.

I think you'll fit the 285's without any trouble if you're planning on cranking the front up a little.

If you haven't purchased your wheels yet, you will have better fitment with a positive wheel. Something in the neighborhood of +12 to +18 should work very nicely.

See pictures in my signature.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lb7 did you have to do much trimming? it looks like you did a little on the plastic below the bumper, but cant tell other than that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not real good with wheels and tires so this may seem like a dumb question to you guys but what does the positive and negative offsets mean? I was also wondering about backspacing and what it does? I thought these determined how far the wheels and tires stuck out but wasn't sure what did what...
Thanks

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
I'm not real good with wheels and tires so this may seem like a dumb question to you guys but what does the positive and negative offsets mean? I was also wondering about backspacing and what it does? I thought these determined how far the wheels and tires stuck out but wasn't sure what did what...
Thanks
Check this out, should help.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
lb7 did you have to do much trimming? it looks like you did a little on the plastic below the bumper, but cant tell other than that.
no i didnt need to trim the front plastics. i took it to a shop and got it back like that. i was so pissed. but it cleared before they cut it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts