Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock tire on my 2020 duramax 2500hd is 275/70r18. Has anyone upsized to 285/70r18? If you have, can you provide pics and also comment on any issues? I don’t really want to add spacers and would like to keep the tire profile flush with the truck body. I plan to keep the stock rim with no lift for now. Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
You are only 1/2” taller and less than 1/2” wider. Won’t be an issue. There are quite a few people running 35x12.50x20’s on their stock rims without any issues. I wanted my wheels to stick out further so I want with a different wheel. Go for it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are only 1/2” taller and less than 1/2” wider. Won’t be an issue. There are quite a few people running 35x12.50x20’s on their stock rims without any issues. I wanted my wheels to stick out further so I want with a different wheel. Go for it!
Thanks, man...I appreciate the info!

·
Registered
396 Posts
No problem. Post some pics when you can. We like to see what others have done. Gives us ideas. Lol. Did you get a Chevy or a GMC?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nm. Just saw it in your signature.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I kinda dig the pop top. I’m not personally a Chevy guy, but it is a good looking truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I’m kind of in the same boat. Just got a 2020 Chevy Silverado 3500. You guys think I could fit a duratrac 285/75r18 fine on a stock 3500?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts