Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a set of 285/70/17's for my 08 LTZ, and was wondering if that tire will fit in the stock location for the spare. It isn't much bigger, but didn't know if it would fit.
Responses appreciated.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Well I can tell you that I sold my old 285's to a guy who said he just barely got his spare to fit in an old body style truck..

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Well I can tell you that I sold my old 285's to a guy who said he just barely got his spare to fit in an old body style truck..

Was his old spare a 285?

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
well, i have an classic body style GMC and a 285/75-16 does fit with a little room to spare. You do have to tilt the tire to get it up there, but it does fit even with my 4" exhaust.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
depends on what wheels you have them on. You will probably have to do a little trimming and zipties.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Not really hard to lay on the ground and 16" "1/2 of 33"" out from the cable that goes through the holder "in the center of the rim".:rolleyes: That would be the best way and easiest way to know for sure:drink

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow Jim, your brilliant. Thanks for the geometry lesson. Unfortunately, for me to take the measurements I would need to lay in the slush and rain... I was hoping someone would have known from experience.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I squeezed a 315 where my stocker went....tight but it fit andits close to the same size as my 35's.....tried a 35 and it wouldnt fit!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.