Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 denali 2500. I'm leveled and running kryptonite UCA's. Currently running 20x10 wheels with 33x12.5x20 tires. I just picked up some stock 20" denali wheels and got a great deal on some 295/65/20 ridge grapplers.

My question is will I be able to run these without a lot of rubbing? My main concern is rubbing on the control arms. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you ever try this out or find an answer? That's the setup I'm wanting on my 2018 but want to know before I spend any money.

·
Registered
998 Posts
No you will not be able to run those without rubbing on the UCA. You will need wheel spacers.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You sure @denarli6.6? I'm almost positive I ran that setup on my 2015 without issue.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yea I am tryin to find where i saw it at where they referenced exactly the thickness of the wheel spacer they had to run for it not to rub.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you ever try this out or find an answer? That's the setup I'm wanting on my 2018 but want to know before I spend any money.
No you will not be able to run those without rubbing on the UCA. You will need wheel spacers.
You sure @denarli6.6? I'm almost positive I ran that setup on my 2015 without issue.
Yea I am tryin to find where i saw it at where they referenced exactly the thickness of the wheel spacer they had to run for it not to rub.
Yeah I did it. And yes it does rub on the control arm at full turn. That’s the only place it rubs. 1/4” spacer should fix it. But man it looks great.

Attachments

Reactions: denarli6.6

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Yeah I did it. And yes it does rub on the control arm at full turn. That’s the only place it rubs. 1/4” spacer should fix it. But man it looks great.
Now that I think about it, I did have 3/16 or 1/4" spacers that I ran to keep them from rubbing either the UCAs or the frame at full lock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts