Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i ordered my rims today finally 18x9 revolvers with a -12 offset....for tires i decided the 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler MTs i think its gunna look b/a but one question came up after the guy told me that these will not fit a stock height truck as far as rubbing goes....now i know they will rub for sure but i dont mine a little trimming on the front valence.... what do you guys think? they come out to be 34.25 height and 11.5 wide.....with bars cranked and a little trimming will they fit i really dont wanna go 285/65/18 i have 285/75/16s now with plenty of room with very minor trimming so i think ill be ok :help

·
Registered
83 Posts
ok so i ordered my rims today finally 18x9 revolvers with a -12 offset....for tires i decided the 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler MTs i think its gunna look b/a but one question came up after the guy told me that these will not fit a stock height truck as far as rubbing goes....now i know they will rub for sure but i dont mine a little trimming on the front valence.... what do you guys think? they come out to be 34.25 height and 11.5 wide.....with bars cranked and a little trimming will they fit i really dont wanna go 285/65/18 i have 285/75/16s now with plenty of room with very minor trimming so i think ill be ok :help
I use to work at Discount tire and I'd say yes they will rub but one thing I learned is every truck sits different so who knows, you could be golden:D I've seen some duramax's clear 285's stock, nothing trimmed or turned up so whats another inch with some trimming and torsions cranked. Dips and bumps and gonna be a :kick1 though IMO

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yea thats not gonna work those rims are all wrong..

Just get tell me when you get them i'll come buy them from you haha

ok kidding but I think you might be rubbing some... Mainly because you ahve 285's with roomon stock rims its clear, because they sit under the truck more.

The new -12 offset KMC's are going to stick out a lot. Looks awsome for sure but when they do that means you turn your wheel and even a 285/65-18 is goin to maybe just fit with it cranked. I have done this a MILLION time in my seraching. So that tire may almost fit with stock rims, not with that offset. More you stick it out and wider, the smaller you can go tire wise. I wish I could have 34's on the truck stock. Without major trimmin that is. I'de say if you want those rims go 285/65 and you will like it. although smaller than you wish they will look way better than ont he stock tires.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i see what your saying jim it just seems that there is alot of room there now the bars are half cranked and the 285s fit with i mean negligable trimming but i believe you i just have to decide if i want to trim alot or go with the 285s i just dont wanna drop a grand on tires and not think they are big enough personally i think they will fit but i gotta see what everyones opinion is

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
the 285's you have now. What condition they in wanna sell them?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would man but i gotta keep them for winter use...i plow in the winter and i am not gunna move with the mudders haha...... ill def let you know if i change my mind

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I here ya I have 265's on H2s for that. Been using year round now. I might do 285's for my year round tire but thats silly. I need to just get new 18's for summer and keep the 17's for summer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for winter you mean lol ya i hear ya i think 18s are the way to go i just really want the 295s the 285s come out to be the same size tire i have now....and well bigger is better haha

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
i run a 295/70/18 with a -12 offset and the rub a little bit even with trimming. i still havent cranked the bars more yet but i think with trimming and cranking you should be fine. It will make the truck look very aggresive too

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I think I'm gunnar go with them I have a buddy running 285s on an avalanche on -12 wheels and his fit fine I'm assuming there will be a little trimming but to me it's worth it lol thanks for the input guys I'll post some pics when done

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
just cranked them again last night and no more rubbing. enjoy them man!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha hell ya ill post pics when i get em in hopefully by next thursday they will be on

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
welll got em in and put em on and they look AMAZZING!!! ok heres the problem them they rub like a son of a b*tch of coarse...so i cranked the bars and did some minor trimming and i got them to clear except for the drivers side rubs on the fender evey once in a while just barely...so will a cognito get me out of this problem or will the truck sit just as high as it does now with the bars cranked (minus the shitty ride part)? for some reason the drivers side sits about an inch lower than the passenger i believe this is my problem...

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
When you say the driver side rubs, you are talking about the front driver side, but the BACK of the wheel well right? If so.....it's not that it sits lower, it was just designed different to accomodate the stupid E-Brake cable....I'm having the same problem. ONLY way to fix that is with a mallet and some zip ties if you don't wana buy a lift.

Also...Pics?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i am hitting the outside of the wheel on the drivers side fender when i turn left.... gunna have to go 4inch i think but if i could get away with the uca kit its significantly cheaper lol

sorry about the shitty image it was dark when i got done

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
You're talking about the outside of the wheel on the back on the fender well right....not the front valance? To be honest, I'm not really sure a cognito will do you much good, due to you can get it just as high by cranking the T-Bars from my understanding.

·
Registered
387 Posts
subscribed. Want to see the pics!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally Pics

yup thats exactly where its rubbing and ya idk if thats going to be any higher than where it sits now with the bars cranked its just the ride would be better i may have to go 4 inch which oo well too bad i just HAVE to do it now lol

I absolutly love them the woman said theres too much black tho shes gunna get me the chrome centers for my bday that should set them off perfect :drink

1 - 20 of 37 Posts