Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok on my 6 spd allison once and a while when im like 1/2 throttle from a stops,shifts from 1 to 2,then from 2 to 3 the rpms surge up right before it shifts..it doesnt feel like its slipping,i really doubt its slipping,6 spd tranny,plus on edge evo race level 3(80)hp and i really dont beat it at all..i give it to her once and a while but not all the time..and when i do rip it,it holds very well between every gear..even before the shiftkit..what could the surge be from?

·
Registered
508 Posts
ok on my 6 spd allison once and a while when im like 1/2 throttle from a stops,shifts from 1 to 2,then from 2 to 3 the rpms surge up right before it shifts..it doesnt feel like its slipping,i really doubt its slipping,6 spd tranny,plus on edge evo race level 3(80)hp and i really dont beat it at all..i give it to her once and a while but not all the time..and when i do rip it,it holds very well between every gear..even before the shiftkit..what could the surge be from?
The Edge evo race is suppose to be the cats meow right now!!!!! Did you do a re-learn and when was the lst time the spin-on was changed??? Try that first!!!! It is prolly not the tuner and definialty not a boost leak!!!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It sure as hell isn't the spin on. I've had more trans complaints with the Edge than any other thing out there. Boost leaks will give you a big surge on a shift.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
It sure as hell isn't the spin on. I've had more trans complaints with the Edge than any other thing out there. Boost leaks will give you a big surge on a shift.
:LMAO Mike = funny

Take the tunner off and I bet i don't do it...

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
X2 Edge shifts can be poorly tuned.

And as mike said boost leaks and other things such as Fuel filters will cause funky shifting.

Put it to stock and see what happens.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The spin-on was just a thought and i was not aware that a boost leak would cause wierd shifting in a single shift!! My bad:booboo

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i highly doubt its the evo race,this programmer is so nasty,the shifts are actually realllllly smooth,alot smoother than the quad s2,and the power is way more hah..i bet it is probably the fuel filter,its due to be changed.i just put it on the 80hp level,and did the re-learn,so maybe its just working out its quirks,havnt even drivin 200 miles yet..so we will see.where would the boost leak come from...it hits 28psi on lvl 3..is that low for lvl 3? i understand all trucks are different...it pulls real hard..comparable to my buddies e46 m3

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
i highly doubt its the evo race,this programmer is so nasty,the shifts are actually realllllly smooth,alot smoother than the quad s2,and the power is way more hah..i bet it is probably the fuel filter,its due to be changed.i just put it on the 80hp level,and did the re-learn,so maybe its just working out its quirks,havnt even drivin 200 miles yet..so we will see.where would the boost leak come from...it hits 28psi on lvl 3..is that low for lvl 3? i understand all trucks are different...it pulls real hard..comparable to my buddies e46 m3
Change the filter then and might as well as do the fprv shim kit as well. As far as boost leaks take all the ic boots and tubes and hoses off and spray down with brake clean and give her a test.

·
Registered
225 Posts
mine was surging at WOT with just my edge juice w attitude and a napa gold fuel filter(dont ever buy one of them), so i changed the fuel filter with a new GM factory filter when i put in the Evo race and the surging went away.

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
Which NAPA filter the old style or the new style??

I have good luck with all NAPA filters. We use them on everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts