Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m currently in the market to purchase a new set of shock/lift kit for my 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Duramax) currently with OEM suspension and cracked stock keys. I’m from MA, most of the roads are in bad shape & i do a little off-roading at times. Now with the upgrade suspension I want to have higher clearance for bigger tires, smoother ride and to sweet the drivetrain A LOT.

I’m not sure if FOX would be enough for what I do or if I should go with KING SHOCKS setup which I have read and watched videos saying that they are the BEST.

-3” KING SHOCKS with 3” block for rear and Suspension MAXX keys (Drops the diff 1-1.50”)

-5” LIFT KIT from Zone Off Road with Fox 2.0 Performance Series Reservoir Smooth Body Shock - Adjustable

What are your suggestions?

Thanks
David

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would go 5" Zone. You can turn it down to a 4" lift, but I'm not sure about that on a 2020.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Lift for sure, not just keys. You can always skip the fox 2.0 and get better shocks to go with the lift. I talked to accutune who sells both fox and king and they think fox is better. I have the fox 2.5 dual adjustable. They are awesome.

Also, Deaver leaf springs help a ton. You need to add airbags if you want to retain payload.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lift for sure, not just keys. You can always skip the fox 2.0 and get better shocks to go with the lift. I talked to accutune who sells both fox and king and they think fox is better. I have the fox 2.5 dual adjustable. They are awesome.

Also, Deaver leaf springs help a ton. You need to add airbags if you want to retain payload.
Do you know part number for the FOX 2.5 dual adjuster? I just spoke with ZONE and some other shop and they said those shocks aren’t available yet For 2020. I saw them on website but they are 6-7” lift not sure if they would work with 5” Zone lift 🙄

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don’t off hand. I have a 2015 anyway. Nothing was bolt on. Accutune custom built and valved them. You need to know lift height and what ends (bottom side can vary depending on lift you use) and they can possibly build them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don’t off hand. I have a 2015 anyway. Nothing was bolt on. Accutune custom built and valved them. You need to know lift height and what ends (bottom side can vary depending on lift you use) and they can possibly build them.
haha, I had a feeling it was on previous model. I hear fox are too soft and other say they are good. Im getting annoyed by reading all over the place. Hard decision lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
haha, I had a feeling it was on previous model. I hear fox are too soft and other say they are good. Im getting annoyed by reading all over the place. Hard decision lol

Yeah. That’s why I paid extra for the adjuster so I could decide for myself. I went from a 2.0 with adjuster off the shelf to these custom valved accounting for my winch bumper and there is a big difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cognito just came out with their level kit with upper control arms, keys, and fox shocks. I installed it over the weekend and I’m pretty happy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cognito just came out with their level kit with upper control arms, keys, and fox shocks. I installed it over the weekend and I’m pretty happy.
I saw their kit but I’m looking for a kit that will contribute to my drivetrain as well. I might get their upper control arm down the road.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I have made a decision in regard to this lift kit for the truck. Fox adjustable shocks are like 1600$ and KING custom shock is around $2300. I guess save a little more and buy KINGs down the road.

So yeah I’m going to stay with regular shocks that come with Zone lift kit and once KING shocks releases something that will work with zone lift kit I’m going to buy them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts